You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Disrespected Miguel Cabrera92 HW card

7 days ago 4 Likes

How's the triple crown winner of 2012 disrespected with a 92 ratting?? There are plenty of HW cards with higher rattings and better hitting attributes then miggy like Thomas or Bagwell to name a few. Not that those guys didn't deserve the rattings they got, but I'm saying neither of the ones I mentioned or whoever you want to throw in the mix had a better season then Miggy in 2012. If any card got butchered by nerfing in 18 it was that one.....please feel free to mention other cards that got shitted on like Miggy did on the 92 HW, I can think of a few more but I'd rather hear it from the community. Thanks

7 days ago 1 Like

In order to be rated higher, he'd need speed and defensive upgrades.  And as great as he was that year at the plate ... not so much in the field.

That's why.

Show Replies
7 days ago 4 Likes

How's a the triple crown winner of 2012 disrespected with a 92 ratting?? There are plenty of HW cards with higher rattings and better hitting attributes then miggy like Thomas or Bagwell to name a few. Not that those guys didn't deserve the rattings they got, but I'm saying neither of the ones I mentioned or whoever you want to throw in the mix had a better season then Miggy in 2012. If any card got butchered by nerfing in 18 it was that one.....please feel free to mention other cards that got shitted on like Miggy did on the 92 HW, I can think of a few more but I'd rather hear it from the community. Thanks

Comment by BLINDHORUS
about 1 hour ago

Completely agree.. Miggy got shitted on 100%

Show Replies
7 days ago 2 Likes

Miggy is underrated as a defensive 1st baseman. Everyone sees his hitting, but he's no slouch at 1st either. He should have had an immortal 

Show Replies
7 days ago 1 Like

Miggy is underrated as a defensive 1st baseman. Everyone sees his hitting, but he's no slouch at 1st either. He should have had an immortal 

Comment by James97M
6 minutes ago

THANK YOU.

Not to mention that when he won the triple crown on 2012 he played 3B that whole season at a good level

7 days ago 3 Likes

It’s because he plays third and not first, you compared him to first basemen and individual ratings are weighted differently for each position. Fielding and arm are weighted higher at third than they are at first, if his primary position is 1B you’re probably looking at 96-97

7 days ago 1 Like

So this card hits pretty solid? Looking to try some new cards and I might plug him in at 1B if he is decent.

7 days ago

It’s because he plays third and not first, you compared him to first basemen and individual ratings are weighted differently for each position. Fielding and arm are weighted higher at third than they are at first, if his primary position is 1B you’re probably looking at 96-97

Comment by skepple15
about 1 hour ago

In 2012 Miggy was ranked #6 in the league with a 966. FPCT with Aramis Ramirez at #1 with a 977. FPCT. 

In 2012 Miggy was #6 out of 30 starting 3Bmen in the league.......so yeah...that part

Show Replies
7 days ago 1 Like

He was a beast in show 17... 

7 days ago 1 Like

He was a beast in show 17... 

Comment by Quinn3_1_13
9 minutes ago

Yes,.....thats what makes it funny

7 days ago 2 Likes

Lol at people still using fielding percentage...it's 2019 folks.

Show Replies
7 days ago

Comment by skepple15
about 6 hours ago

Perfectly said skepple. He was comparing apples to oranges. 

Also, AS David Wright got pooped on pretty hard. 99 in ‘17, I think a 91 this year. Even dropped his speed if I remember correctly. 

AS Utley went from a 99 in’17 to a 90 this year. 

Show Replies
6 days ago 3 Likes

Comment by skepple15
about 19 hours ago

In 2012 Miggy was ranked #6 in the league with a 966. FPCT with Aramis Ramirez at #1 with a 977. FPCT. 

In 2012 Miggy was #6 out of 30 starting 3Bmen in the league.......so yeah...that part

Comment by BLINDHORUS
about 18 hours ago

By your logic, Derek Jeter was a good short stop. "oh look, I couldn't get to the ball. Welp, not an error!"

5 days ago 1 Like

I've had this card a couple days now and really do like it. Seems to make solid contact at the plate, and I am a terrible hitter. I am playing him at 1B though, Beltre's glove is too good to bench.

Something about Miggy's stance and swing I really like.

5 days ago 2 Likes

I love how they have spread the ratings this year and how defense is emphasized. I especially like how you have two ratings on the player card - where a guy can be diamond on offense and common on defense (like PS Pearce). Last year Flashback Melky woulda been a 99. This year he's just a gold. My only complaint is diamonds begin at 85 instead of 90. With bad pack odds I just cant get with that.

Saying that, having a team full of silvers and bronzes doesn't mean you have a bad team in franchise. SDS did well in that regard.

Show Replies
4 days ago 1 Like

Comment by James97M
3 days ago

I think he could have had an obtainable one like trout/Musial. I don’t think he deserves to be one of the main ones over Pujols or Chipper. As good as miggy was/is, it’s still unfair to compare him to prime Albert. We’re taking a guy who was in Babe Ruth territory his first 10 years in the league. 

Show Replies
2 days ago

@Chuck_Dizzle29 Schmidt FPCT. in 1980 was 946.

Miggy FPCT. In 2012 was 966.

Look, no one is saying miggy is a glove wiz although he's underrated but for that year he was and you add to that factor his triple crown numbers and some how that adds up to a 92HW??? Lol ok.....

2 days ago

Look, no one is saying miggy is a glove wiz although he's underrated but for that year he was and you add to that factor his triple crown numbers and some how that adds up to a 92HW??? Lol ok.....

Comment by BLINDHORUS
3 minutes ago

Schmidt dWar in 1980: 1.6

Miggy in 2012: -0.2

2 days ago

By the way, miggy in 13 put up better offensive numbers than in 12... his OPS was almost 100 points higher... which is why the 13 card the last few years was insane statistically. 

2 days ago 2 Likes

Wow, still arguing fielding percentage... I just can’t..

2 days ago

Comment by BLINDHORUS
about 2 hours ago

I was going to ask if you were blind, but I see the name says enough.  Look at the sample size lol.  2012 Miggy had 242 assists, Schmidt had 372.  That's over 100 more successfully fielded balls he had.  

Two problems with Fielding percentage.  One, you don't have an even sample size to compare.  Percentages fluctuate more when a player has fewer opportunities.  Schmidt had 497 chances compared to Miggy's 383. 

2 Players with no range like Miggy have fewer opportunities and attempt fewer difficult plays that can result in errors.  Mike Schmidt converted almost the same number of assists 372 as Miggy had in total attempts 383.

Last chance Horus.  When two players are comparable offensively but have a primary defensive position that weighs defense more, the better defensive player *cough cough* Schmidt *cough cough* will have a higher overall rating.

Try a little experiment to see for yourself.  Download the most recent roster and look at Miggy's current overall as a 1B primary.  Now, go into edit player and change him to a 3B primary and tell me what happens.  

2 days ago

Comment by BLINDHORUS
about 2 hours ago

I was going to ask if you were blind, but I see the name says enough.  Look at the sample size lol.  2012 Miggy had 242 assists, Schmidt had 372.  That's over 100 more successfully fielded balls he had.  

Two problems with Fielding percentage.  One, you don't have an even sample size to compare.  Percentages fluctuate more when a player has fewer opportunities.  Schmidt had 497 chances compared to Miggy's 383. 

2 Players with no range like Miggy have fewer opportunities and attempt fewer difficult plays that can result in errors.  Mike Schmidt converted almost the same number of assists 372 as Miggy had in total attempts 383.

Last chance Horus.  When two players are comparable offensively but have a primary defensive position that weighs defense more, the better defensive player *cough cough* Schmidt *cough cough* will have a higher overall rating.

Try a little experiment to see for yourself.  Download the most recent roster and look at Miggy's current overall as a 1B primary.  Now, go into edit player and change him to a 3B primary and tell me what happens.  

Comment by Chuck_Dizzle29
12 minutes ago

Oh the humanity. What savagery.