You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

sds guess what

11 days ago 1 Like

i find it really funny and sad at how the same ol sds lovers are still here [laying this crappie simulated game lol. four months later and the few(small amount) ppl still here are the ones that claimed this game was"Great". Imagine that smh. SDS i can bet you one thing, i bet you wont get my pre order money this year, ill wait until its 25 bucks in june lol. Jokes on you this year, and maybe the 100 players who stuck with yall all year can get their aunt and uncles to join yall community this year lmbo. no maybe the 100 ppl who are still here can play each other til 2020 lol. Wont get my bread this year scammers

11 days ago 6 Likes

Cool story, bro!  Now, BYE FELICIA!

11 days ago 1 Like

Not sure what point you are actually trying to make here 

Show Replies
11 days ago 3 Likes

From the 37+K players that played RS this month, I think your estimated number of players left playing is a little on the low side. 

11 days ago 8 Likes

You wrote this, yes?

" Ive spent over 1000 dollars since this game released. I've spent at least 100 dollars every time I got paid to build my team "

This is the only communication to SDS that matters. And the message sent is: "I love this game, keep doing exactly what you're doing."

SDS is happy for your money and you are contributing directly toward the game going down the microtransaction rat hole.

People like you who spend gobs of money on microtransactions and then say they are going to leave .. never leave.

Show Replies
11 days ago 2 Likes

i find it really funny and sad at how the same ol sds lovers are still here [laying this crappie simulated game lol. four months later and the few(small amount) ppl still here are the ones that claimed this game was"Great". Imagine that smh. SDS i can bet you one thing, i bet you wont get my pre order money this year, ill wait until its 25 bucks in june lol. Jokes on you this year, and maybe the 100 players who stuck with yall all year can get their aunt and uncles to join yall community this year lmbo. no maybe the 100 ppl who are still here can play each other til 2020 lol. Wont get my bread this year scammers

Comment by kuephilly1327
about 2 hours ago

Ouch it hurts. My brain...

11 days ago 1 Like

Anybody feel like typing out the billy Madison we are all dumber speech?

11 days ago 6 Likes

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Show Replies
10 days ago 7 Likes

I hated this years game. Unfortunately, by the time I came to realise that this was indeed what we were getting this year, I was $1k+ in myself. Until June/July when we got the first wave of immortals, I kept believing that it was all a big mistake that SDS were working to put right.

I didn’t believe there wouldn’t be any cards that weren’t nerfed until October, I didn’t believe that immortals would pop everything up weakly the way LS diamonds frequently did, I didn’t believe they weren’t working to “reduce simulation aspects” in gameplay, basically, I didn’t believe that SDS had ruined one of the best sports games and most fun to play UT modes around in the space of a year. 

The minute I did realise what was going on, I withdrew my financial support, stopped buying stubs and became hugely critical of the game and developers instead of supporting them. I don’t sit here telling everyone else what to do with their money, it’s entirely up to each individual player if they want to spend additional money. However, I had hoped that enough people felt the same way and would act upon it to send a message to SDS that they needed to step back from this horrific new template for DD and return to some semblance of what made the franchise so successful over the last couple of years.

Sadly, looking at the market inflation during the stub sale and the sheer number of people who have that stupid Harper card, it seems that DD will continue to decline in the future as SDS look to have profited heavily, despite transitioning away from a previously player friendly attitude towards something entirely more cynical and exploitative of the playerbase who loyally played and paid regardless. 

This year has been a huge turning point for me and it may well be my last MLBTS game for a while, if not ever, if this is how DD is to be laid out in future.  The nerfed cards, reduced pack pulls, requirements to dump vast quantities of stubs into unsellable cards that retain no equity, the gameplay being based on dice rolls instead of skills (which prevents improvement with practice - It’s hard to get better when doing the same thing doesn’t produce consistent results - did I get better, or is the game “allowing” me to hit?), the whole finest program debacle, the fact that no decent rewards were on offer for months and months, meaning collections, epics, events and RS were absolutely pointless for the first 4-5 months of the game, the gameplay patches that did nothing meaningful but continued to frustrate, the list goes on and on and on. 

In my opinion, the whole damn game compared to ‘17 was inferior with the exception of menu speed and a few tagging animations which never should have been as broken as they were in the first place. Also in my opinion, the reason the game was so inferior this year is because they spent more time trying to figure out a clever plan that would cause people to spend money and get nothing of substance in return, than they did trying to actually improve the game.

In ‘16 and ‘17, they were throwing useful cards at you from launch. Conquest, collections and epics could have built you a team in March that would have been useful in September. Stub rewards were vastly decreased for playing the game, the market was deliberately deflated from launch. This year everything was carefully orchestrated to give you as little as possible in return for your time and money and force you towards immortals. The reason for this, like the numerous equipment collections that nobody cares about, is that while they are the most expensive cards in the game to obtain, they’re totally unsellable and worthless. If you put 250k into immortal Jackie Robinson as your end game 2B, for example, you’re left with an unsellable, useless card that would be a pinch runner at best. TC Mondesi is a far better option in every way. Last year, if you put 500k into Robbie Alomar, you had 450k equity after sales tax.

The way they did that and did it repeatedly with every good card this year is what stuck in my craw. The 125 scale wasn’t to help realism at all, it was a cynical decision to aid with nerfing most cards to the point that the unsellable immortals and legends, with their glowing stats above 100, were the best option. This year long drought of quality cards on the marketplace led nicely into the finest program, where we finally, coincidentally, got some really expensive cards to rival immortals, just before the stub sale. That’s why they made them so hard to obtain from packs, of course, more cynical money farming by SDS. 

I have no problem with SDS making money, but they ruined the game in the pursuit of maximising profits, which is bad. I also came away with the impression that SDS feels we are all stupid enough to participate in this “experiment”, for want of a better word, without realising there is this plan behind the scenes to milk customers for every cent over creating an enjoyable product which will generate revenue on its own merits. If this is to be the direction taken once again for ‘19, I will not be back next year. 

Edit: It’s kind of comical that now the stub sale is over, SDS are frantically throwing cards at us for rewards. 90-94 diamond and tons of free, sellable Finest cards for RS, huh? Too kind. When you open your reward packs in January, remember they’re only trying to bribe you to preorder ‘19. Remember the 7 months of worthless rewards and nerfed cards, remember It’s January and they already made their money. Who the [censored] wants to finally have these cards in January, when ‘19 comes out in March?

Show Replies
10 days ago 1 Like

I hated this years game. Unfortunately, by the time I came to realise that this was indeed what we were getting this year, I was $1k+ in myself. Until June/July when we got the first wave of immortals, I kept believing that it was all a big mistake that SDS were working to put right.

I didn’t believe there wouldn’t be any cards that weren’t nerfed until October, I didn’t believe that immortals would pop everything up weakly the way LS diamonds frequently did, I didn’t believe they weren’t working to “reduce simulation aspects” in gameplay, basically, I didn’t believe that SDS had ruined one of the best sports games and most fun to play UT modes around in the space of a year. 

The minute I did realise what was going on, I withdrew my financial support, stopped buying stubs and became hugely critical of the game and developers instead of supporting them. I don’t sit here telling everyone else what to do with their money, it’s entirely up to each individual player if they want to spend additional money. However, I had hoped that enough people felt the same way and would act upon it to send a message to SDS that they needed to step back from this horrific new template for DD and return to some semblance of what made the franchise so successful over the last couple of years.

Sadly, looking at the market inflation during the stub sale and the sheer number of people who have that stupid Harper card, it seems that DD will continue to decline in the future as SDS look to have profited heavily, despite transitioning away from a previously player friendly attitude towards something entirely more cynical and exploitative of the playerbase who loyally played and paid regardless. 

This year has been a huge turning point for me and it may well be my last MLBTS game for a while, if not ever, if this is how DD is to be laid out in future.  The nerfed cards, reduced pack pulls, requirements to dump vast quantities of stubs into unsellable cards that retain no equity, the gameplay being based on dice rolls instead of skills (which prevents improvement with practice - It’s hard to get better when doing the same thing doesn’t produce consistent results - did I get better, or is the game “allowing” me to hit?), the whole finest program debacle, the fact that no decent rewards were on offer for months and months, meaning collections, epics, events and RS were absolutely pointless for the first 4-5 months of the game, the gameplay patches that did nothing meaningful but continued to frustrate, the list goes on and on and on. 

In my opinion, the whole damn game compared to ‘17 was inferior with the exception of menu speed and a few tagging animations which never should have been as broken as they were in the first place. Also in my opinion, the reason the game was so inferior this year is because they spent more time trying to figure out a clever plan that would cause people to spend money and get nothing of substance in return, than they did trying to actually improve the game.

In ‘16 and ‘17, they were throwing useful cards at you from launch. Conquest, collections and epics could have built you a team in March that would have been useful in September. Stub rewards were vastly decreased for playing the game, the market was deliberately deflated from launch. This year everything was carefully orchestrated to give you as little as possible in return for your time and money and force you towards immortals. The reason for this, like the numerous equipment collections that nobody cares about, is that while they are the most expensive cards in the game to obtain, they’re totally unsellable and worthless. If you put 250k into immortal Jackie Robinson as your end game 2B, for example, you’re left with an unsellable, useless card that would be a pinch runner at best. TC Mondesi is a far better option in every way. Last year, if you put 500k into Robbie Alomar, you had 450k equity after sales tax.

The way they did that and did it repeatedly with every good card this year is what stuck in my craw. The 125 scale wasn’t to help realism at all, it was a cynical decision to aid with nerfing most cards to the point that the unsellable immortals and legends, with their glowing stats above 100, were the best option. This year long drought of quality cards on the marketplace led nicely into the finest program, where we finally, coincidentally, got some really expensive cards to rival immortals, just before the stub sale. That’s why they made them so hard to obtain from packs, of course, more cynical money farming by SDS. 

I have no problem with SDS making money, but they ruined the game in the pursuit of maximising profits, which is bad. I also came away with the impression that SDS feels we are all stupid enough to participate in this “experiment”, for want of a better word, without realising there is this plan behind the scenes to milk customers for every cent over creating an enjoyable product which will generate revenue on its own merits. If this is to be the direction taken once again for ‘19, I will not be back next year. 

Edit: It’s kind of comical that now the stub sale is over, SDS are frantically throwing cards at us for rewards. 90-94 diamond and tons of free, sellable Finest cards for RS, huh? Too kind. When you open your reward packs in January, remember they’re only trying to bribe you to preorder ‘19. Remember the 7 months of worthless rewards and nerfed cards, remember It’s January and they already made their money. Who the [censored] wants to finally have these cards in January, when ‘19 comes out in March?

Comment by Sweedy1407
about 1 hour ago

You're dead on dude. They did ruin the game to maximize profits. They sold out, but how can you blame them when virtually every gaming company has been. Big companies keep buying smaller companies and pushing crazy deadlines. SDS has to answer to Sony. Thats probably part of the reason they were pushed to sell out.

10 days ago
This comment has been deleted.
10 days ago 3 Likes

Sweedy, yes, all of this is classic to the point of being predictable once a game heads down the microtransaction path.

Most of what you are complaining about is deliberate psychology. Once a game becomes an ongoing "revenue stream" the game is warped to keep the money flowing. This is why people who buy microtransactions contribute to the destruction of the games they like. They don't understand it when people say this, they respond harshly wih things like "it's my money I can spend it if I want to" or they say it's still cheap entertainment, but that's not the point. The point is that the game ITSELF becomes corrupted by the money, and you saw it this year.

It's also part of the pattern to become generous with stuff toward the end of a seasonal cycle. It is done to help keep people in the game, and to attract people during the "off season" as much as possible. All the games with cycles do this too.

It's going to continue as long as the gaming industry goes in this direction, And as long as people spend obscene amounts of money on microtransactions, they have no reason to change.

Show Replies
10 days ago

Sweedy, yes, all of this is classic to the point of being predictable once a game heads down the microtransaction path.

Most of what you are complaining about is deliberate psychology. Once a game becomes an ongoing "revenue stream" the game is warped to keep the money flowing. This is why people who buy microtransactions contribute to the destruction of the games they like. They don't understand it when people say this, they respond harshly wih things like "it's my money I can spend it if I want to" or they say it's still cheap entertainment, but that's not the point. The point is that the game ITSELF becomes corrupted by the money, and you saw it this year.

It's also part of the pattern to become generous with stuff toward the end of a seasonal cycle. It is done to help keep people in the game, and to attract people during the "off season" as much as possible. All the games with cycles do this too.

It's going to continue as long as the gaming industry goes in this direction, And as long as people spend obscene amounts of money on microtransactions, they have no reason to change.

Comment by Qeltar_
about 4 hours ago

absolutely correct sir

8 days ago

Comment by kuephilly1327
3 days ago

Lmao. You should be happy with this game. You were 25 games under .500 last year, now you can actually compete. You should thank sds kid for allowing you to be competitive in this years game. 

8 days ago

Comment by kuephilly1327
3 days ago

It's December and already at least 20,000 have played at lease one H2H game this RS (five days into the month). This number doesn't include those who haven't started RS this month yet, Online Rated, and RTTS (which are typically far higher than DD).  I think SDS is doing just fine without you.

Show Replies
7 days ago

Comment by Sweedy1407
3 days ago

The truth right here.  Great post.