You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

LS Cards’ value diminished?

11 days ago

someone had mentioned on another thread that LS cards seem to be not as valuable compared to the easy ways of getting flashback cards etc. in 19

this is the one thing I am afraid of, do you think this will be a factor and most lineups will be made of flashbacks?

11 days ago 1 Like

I definitely think this but IE will help out quite a lot making Ls more useful 

Show Replies
11 days ago

Outside of Trout, LS players are going to be riding the pine again this year. The introduction of immortals has completely ruined LS player values (Andy yes the sigs are just immortals renamed). If you want LS to have value, you have to base all cards on a single season. 

Show Replies
11 days ago 3 Likes

For sure.

On the Live Stream, they revealed the Top 3 LS at each position, and very few of them actually looked useable after the first round of decent flashbacks are released.

11 days ago 2 Likes

Gradek,I respect your opinion, but you took SDS’ message wrong. They said IE doesn’t affect diamonds AS MUCH AS commons. It’s all like the years before. This is what I mean, you are taking a lot of things out of context.

Show Replies
11 days ago 2 Likes

IE always makes a significant difference. Live will have value throughout the season, especially in Events and BR. Even in 17, by late summer/fall most Live series, with the exception of Trout were inferior.  

11 days ago

I’m kinda bummed how Yelich is rated the same as Harper & Judge

Show Replies
11 days ago

Pardon my ignorance, but what is this “IE” everyone mentions?

11 days ago 2 Likes

Comment by cvnorton2
1 minute ago

Inside edge - upgrades LS players based on matchups they are facing IRL

11 days ago

Comment by cvnorton2
about 1 hour ago

LS live series cards.

Show Replies
11 days ago 2 Likes

LS cards are not end game cards.  That ended in 18.  I had Trout, Stanton, and Seager on my end game team in 17.  But none in 18.  They will still be good cards for a long while though.  

I killed it with Suarez with a good inside edge vs. righties in 18.  one of my best hitters until I/E ended.  Golds become diamonds with I/E.  

11 days ago

I think what they were going for was more room for growth during the season which is why they started LS cards so low, also+6 IE would be a lot of those cards in the same catagory as a lot of those FB cards.

I wouldn't be surprised they did this so they could push more special edition LS cards (kind of like how EA has TOTW) but their platform for these upgraded cards would be Moments and POTM. Also say what you want about the pay to play approach but, SDS has done a great job of balancing their cards (free/pay) over the past 3 years and I think that this year they are going to try the EA model(multiple versions of a card with different attributes) to see what happens.

Personally I would love to see more of that because it will bring variety into the lineups and would allow me to use some of my all-time favorites without having to shell out a lot of money or time to get those cards

10 days ago 1 Like

It makes sense if you think about it:  if you're building a team of all-time greats, how many current players would make the squad?

Show Replies
10 days ago 1 Like

Personally, I would love to see a DD mode that is centred on LS players. I guess that would have been online franchise, eh? RIP.