You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Opinion

12 days ago

Since I'm fairly new to this game, I'm currently at a cross roads. 

Grinding against the CPU is wearing on me. I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to get the main Immortals (except for the 'free' ones) and probably wont get any if the higher end CA cards. 

So I have 2 options. 

1. Relax and take the next two months off and wait for 19.

2. Try to get used to online play (even though, from what I heard, is a $hit show) until 19 drops. 

If I do the latter, I can probably field a semi competitive tean with the players I have now. 

SP: FS Kopech, PS Freeland, PS Price, PS Clevinger, F$ Lucchesi

BP: LS Neshek, PS Hamels, R Wood, PS Trivino, Finest Hader, PS Vizcano, Finest Treinen

C: LS Sanchez

1B: PS Pierce/PS Stargel/Finest Freeman

2B: HW Jackie/PS Sandburg

3B: PS Bregman

SS: Immortal Brett

LF: Finest Martinez

CF: Immortal Trout

RF: PS Judge 

Bench: PS Bellinger, PS Carter, R Williams, FS Tucker, FS O'Neill

Thoughts?

12 days ago

Well if this year’s launch is anything like last year’s, you are probably going to want to spend the first few weeks offline completing conquest and whatever missions they have available.  It wouldn’t hurt to try to get better online in the meantime.  Its up to you though.  I never really found online that enjoyable.  I am almost exclusively an offline player unless a certain RS/Events reward drags me in.

12 days ago

if you want to get into online play...you should play as much as you can online.  Playing the cpu won’t help you with competing with real people 

12 days ago

I appreciate the answers. Let me add that once I start playing 19, I'm going to be an 'offline grind' player for the first few months until I can get some competitive cards. 

My concern is that if I play online now, depending on how much is changed for 19, will I need to 'relearn' the mechanics. 

Of course, as I type this, I'm playing a Play vs CPU game vs the Padres, as I still need to complete some missions to field the above team. 

12 days ago

It's your decision wether you wan to play online or offline

Your team. All sp are sh it. Catcher I would change to tc scharbs.Tbh, the only positions I find fine in your lineup is 1b and Cf + lf. Everything else needs to be improved. Bp isn't terrible either

Lineup needs more leftys also.

Use a team with solid pitchers, lineup with good leadoff guys ( with power ) and good lefty righty lineup

My team

SP: iFeller, Finest Nola, 90 Sutton, 90 Saberhagen, 88 Felix

BP: iEck, Tc wood, POTM Leclerc, POTM Treinen, Finest Hader, Finest Diaz, 88 Rodney

Lineup

1 - Finest Betts 2B

2 - Ls JoJo SS

3 - iTeddy LF

4 - iTrout CF

5 - iStan RF

6 - PS Pearce 1B

7 - Tc schwarbs C

8 - 92 Joey bats 3B

9 - Pitcher

Bench: Tc mondesi, iBerra, HW giambi, PS Bregman, HW Murphy

Show Replies
12 days ago

It's your decision wether you wan to play online or offline

Your team. All sp are sh it. Catcher I would change to tc scharbs.Tbh, the only positions I find fine in your lineup is 1b and Cf + lf. Everything else needs to be improved. Bp isn't terrible either

Lineup needs more leftys also.

Use a team with solid pitchers, lineup with good leadoff guys ( with power ) and good lefty righty lineup

My team

SP: iFeller, Finest Nola, 90 Sutton, 90 Saberhagen, 88 Felix

BP: iEck, Tc wood, POTM Leclerc, POTM Treinen, Finest Hader, Finest Diaz, 88 Rodney

Lineup

1 - Finest Betts 2B

2 - Ls JoJo SS

3 - iTeddy LF

4 - iTrout CF

5 - iStan RF

6 - PS Pearce 1B

7 - Tc schwarbs C

8 - 92 Joey bats 3B

9 - Pitcher

Bench: Tc mondesi, iBerra, HW giambi, PS Bregman, HW Murphy

Comment by sportsking1331
30 minutes ago

Appreciate the advice. Only problem is the majority of the people you have/want me to get will constitute more cpu grinding whether it's TC options (only Bronze level now) or CA players.

Just trying to justify all that grinding for players I may use for maybe 2 weeks. 

Show Replies
12 days ago

Grinding against the CPU is wearing on me. I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to get the main Immortals (except for the 'free' ones) and probably wont get any if the higher end CA cards. 

So I have 2 options. 

2. Try to get used to online play (even though, from what I heard, is a $hit show) until 19 drops. 

If I do the latter, I can probably field a semi competitive tean with the players I have now. 

BP: LS Neshek, PS Hamels, R Wood, PS Trivino, Finest Hader, PS Vizcano, Finest Treinen

Thoughts?

Comment by Mike_x814x
about 1 hour ago

I’d play online with that team as well. How many event wins do you have?  You should try to get iFeller and iWilliams when you want a switch up from RS and should improve both your staff and give you another viable lefty hitter. Also, if you have iTrout, don’t you have iEck as well?  If so, why wasn’t he listed?

Only thing I would change though is PS Bregman at SS with iBrett at 3B. PS Bregman’s defense is better than iBrett (if I remember correctly). 

Get after ‘em!!!

12 days ago

So I have 2 options. 

Thoughts?

Comment by Mike_x814x
about 2 hours ago

I’d play online with that team as well. How many event wins do you have?  You should try to get iFeller and iWilliams when you want a switch up from RS and should improve both your staff and give you another viable lefty hitter. Also, if you have iTrout, don’t you have iEck as well?  If so, why wasn’t he listed?

Only thing I would change though is PS Bregman at SS with iBrett at 3B. PS Bregman’s defense is better than iBrett (if I remember correctly). 

Get after ‘em!!!

Comment by BIGHOOV2713
28 minutes ago

0 Event Wins. Haven't played one signle online game. 

But I think I'm done. Maybe for a few days or  until 19 comes out, not sure.  

Just quit out a 0-0 Game vs the Padres. Took the loss. Had 5 hits to their 2 hits. Whatever made it out of the infield was a pop fly. (My fault for swinging at EVERYTHING because I wanted the game to end.)

Probably could've won, if I would've subbed out PS Ryan (80+ pitches) but I was dug in in trying to complete his 1 W 4IP 4K mission (5IP 19K) towards an Immortal that I'll NEVER get. 

Only reason that I didn't shut the console off, instead of taking the loss, is that after 120 ABs; I FINALLY completed De Aza's 1 BB/ 1SB same game mission. Again towards a card (PS Snyder) that I'll NEVER get (only at 15 % completion of his CA).

It's just to much grinding for something that could possibly be replaced next month.

Actually, I think what im going to do is cancel my preorder for 19 and either play this game until after the AS Break (get the game on sale) or just skip 19 altogether. 

I know nobody cares if I play or not, but what does it say about a game, when someone is contemplating not playing it because it's boring? 

12 days ago 1 Like

So I have 2 options. 

Thoughts?

Comment by Mike_x814x
about 11 hours ago

Get after ‘em!!!

Comment by BIGHOOV2713
about 9 hours ago

Just quit out a 0-0 Game vs the Padres. Took the loss. Had 5 hits to their 2 hits. Whatever made it out of the infield was a pop fly. (My fault for swinging at EVERYTHING because I wanted the game to end.)

Probably could've won, if I would've subbed out PS Ryan (80+ pitches) but I was dug in in trying to complete his 1 W 4IP 4K mission (5IP 19K) towards an Immortal that I'll NEVER get. 

Only reason that I didn't shut the console off, instead of taking the loss, is that after 120 ABs; I FINALLY completed De Aza's 1 BB/ 1SB same game mission. Again towards a card (PS Snyder) that I'll NEVER get (only at 15 % completion of his CA).

It's just to much grinding for something that could possibly be replaced next month.

Actually, I think what im going to do is cancel my preorder for 19 and either play this game until after the AS Break (get the game on sale) or just skip 19 altogether. 

I know nobody cares if I play or not, but what does it say about a game, when someone is contemplating not playing it because it's boring? 

Comment by Mike_x814x
about 9 hours ago

We wouldn’t try to help you if we didn’t care. We want to grow the game and if you talk to many folks on this forum, this game was a major step back from last year’s version. 

I think this game would wear on you (since you are already tired of the grind after 55 hours of play time). 

We are all holding out hope that MLBTS19 is as fun as ‘16 and ‘17. 

Hang out on this message board and watch the release videos from content creators and make your decision about MLBTS19 after that. If they are saying it’s “fixed” then buy it and dump ‘18

11 days ago

Get after ‘em!!!

Comment by BIGHOOV2713
about 11 hours ago

Comment by Mike_x814x
about 10 hours ago

We wouldn’t try to help you if we didn’t care. We want to grow the game and if you talk to many folks on this forum, this game was a major step back from last year’s version. 

I think this game would wear on you (since you are already tired of the grind after 55 hours of play time). 

We are all holding out hope that MLBTS19 is as fun as ‘16 and ‘17. 

Hang out on this message board and watch the release videos from content creators and make your decision about MLBTS19 after that. If they are saying it’s “fixed” then buy it and dump ‘18

Comment by BIGHOOV2713
about 1 hour ago

Thanks