You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Silence on Online Franchise mode

15 days ago 5 Likes

I understand no real info is out as if yet, and the first official trailer hits the 5th. But i cant understand why we cannot get a simple yes or no whether or not OF is coming back. The silence surrounding it isnt a good sign imho.

I want to pre order, but not before i know my favorite mode is back.

15 days ago 3 Likes

You have to read between the lines with the silence. My theory is this:

There will be no online Franchise for 19. However if they say this then SDS will lose potential preorders. If they keep you in the dark with no answer you still will have a small percentage that will still preorder hoping online franchise will be a part of 19. If it was included in 19 you know they would already have said yes because that means more preorders.

Show Replies
15 days ago 4 Likes

I agree, thats why im not pre ordering as of yet.

Show Replies
14 days ago 8 Likes

I won't spend my $100 for pre order till I know it's there.. Fantasy baseball is not for me and half of the guys in DD quit once they give up run. LOVE online franchise you play with 30 of your long time online friends for the best competition, it's definitely the best mode in my opinion. 

14 days ago

Its not in the game so move on everyone. The time it would take to make it fully functional isn't worth it for SDS. There main focus was making contact hitter relevant and im sure that took out a majority of their man power.

Show Replies
14 days ago 1 Like

How long does their exclusive MLB contract last? Someone needs to make #MLBVIDEOGAMESGREATAGAIN

14 days ago

I understand no real info is out as if yet, and the first official trailer hits the 5th. But i cant understand why we cannot get a simple yes or no whether or not OF is coming back. The silence surrounding it isnt a good sign imho.

Comment by REDRZA
about 21 hours ago

Unfortunately, I don't think it will be in the game.  I'm pretty sure they would have come out and announced early that it's back in the game.  Because they would want the pre-orders. 

But you never know.  They haven't made any announcements at all about the game.  

If you only play online franchise, I would not pre-order.  

14 days ago

How long does their exclusive MLB contract last? Someone needs to make #MLBVIDEOGAMESGREATAGAIN

Comment by Bellwetherr
about 1 hour ago

There hasn't been an exclusive contract since Take 2's expired in 2012.

11 days ago 5 Likes

Comment by REDRZA
4 days ago

Online Franchise will not be featured in MLB The Show 19. We understand this is disappointing and we are always exploring new ways to provide similar experiences in an online environment.

Show Replies
11 days ago 1 Like

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

11 days ago 1 Like

Wow.  So that pretty much answers it.  Why bring back the online franchise that probably half of the online fan base LOVED. Makes sense.

11 days ago

I think your estimation of how much fan base is attributed to which mode is way off.  Last time they shared the analytics, RTTS and DD were way ahead.

Needless to say, at least we have an answer now.

11 days ago 1 Like

Wow.  So that pretty much answers it.  Why bring back the online franchise that probably half of the online fan base LOVED. Makes sense.

Comment by Azeel_27
4 minutes ago

Excatly. If people want to take a break from the fluke stuff in DD, Online franchise is the perfect alternative option to enjoy building your own franchise, also getting GOOD online competition.

Seems like SDS IQ is worse than Angel Hernandez's IQ if they can't realize Online franchise needs to be added back. lol

11 days ago 2 Likes

Probably put too much stress on servers. I like how the servers were this year. 

11 days ago 5 Likes

Comment by REDRZA
4 days ago

Online Franchise will not be featured in MLB The Show 19. We understand this is disappointing and we are always exploring new ways to provide similar experiences in an online environment.

Comment by Victor_SDS
about 1 hour ago

you said the same thing last year what other areas are there to explore? Its clear as day why the mode isnt in the game you want all the attention on DD. How come games like 2k and Madden can have both and work great but us baseball fans need to deal with this crap. I was an exclusive DD player until this year when I couldnt handle the grinding anymore then in November I went back to 17 and started playing online franchise and fell in love with it because after spending months grinding it was a relief to just play baseball vs other people. SDS as a company keeps dropping the ball now for sure I can already see contract extensions being the only thing added to franchise because if it doesn't have the name diamond dynasty in front of it you don't care anymore.

11 days ago 2 Likes

I believe they understand their numbers though.  If including online franchise was going to make them a lot of money, they would do it.  I think micro transactions are king, and that's what they are looking for.  

Show Replies
11 days ago 1 Like

Comment by Azeel_27
42 minutes ago

You're delusional if you think half the online players (which includes all of the DD players) loved the mode. I'd be surprised if more than 10% of them had ever tried it. 

I am sorry to see any mode pulled from the game but online franchise was a fraction of the overall playerbase. 

Show Replies
11 days ago

Comment by REDRZA
4 days ago

Comment by Victor_SDS
about 1 hour ago

Whoever on TSN who liked this comment, just why why why?

Show Replies
10 days ago 5 Likes

Hey Victor, why not promise it will be back in '20? At least that might bait some people into at least hanging with the Show until then. I know your stub sales numbers from '18 are probably off the charts, but is there not a shred of decency at SDS in being willing to at least pay some attention to a good portion of your loyal fanbase? You may also be forgetting that some people who bought the game for OLF, would still play DD, and buy stubs for it as well.

Some of us have been supporting your game for many years, and are about ready to drop the Show, for good.

Show Replies
10 days ago 1 Like

Comment by Azeel_27
about 1 hour ago

this isn't true.

Show Replies
10 days ago

Comment by Bellwetherr
3 days ago

you could always get RBI baseball

Show Replies
10 days ago

Hey Victor, why not promise it will be back in '20? At least that might bait some people into at least hanging with the Show until then. I know your stub sales numbers from '18 are probably off the charts, but is there not a shred of decency at SDS in being willing to at least pay some attention to a good portion of your loyal fanbase? You may also be forgetting that some people who bought the game for OLF, would still play DD, and buy stubs for it as well.

Some of us have been supporting your game for many years, and are about ready to drop the Show, for good.

Comment by seethe3
16 minutes ago

You do realize when they were doing the streams for 2018 they said it was the least played mode and took up a lot of server space....resulting in 17's server issues. they did it for the game to run smoother on other game modes that were played way more than OLF.

10 days ago 1 Like

Comment by seethe3
about 1 hour ago

You do realize when they were doing the streams for 2018 they said it was the least played mode and took up a lot of server space....resulting in 17's server issues. they did it for the game to run smoother on other game modes that were played way more than OLF.

Comment by cvogsfashow
44 minutes ago

What I realize is, they originally said that they had new servers last year, and there wasn't enough time to rewrite the code for OLF. So I would assume the new servers were designed for heavier traffic? Unless maybe there's another reason besides time for dropping the mode altogether now. I also realize that for many years OLF was a part of MLB the Show. Then for awhile, DD and OLF co-existed. Then DD completely took over and OLF was out. I played without OLF last year and I didn't like the game because of all the radical changes they made. 

I would probably even still buy into it again this year, except the game has turned too much into what feels like just a cash grab.

10 days ago 1 Like

Comment by seethe3
about 1 hour ago

Comment by cvogsfashow
31 minutes ago

From what i remember they said they didn’t have time to properly do online franchise bc they spent so much time on hitting and new servers. And that OF was do for a overhaul 

10 days ago 2 Likes

No mlb 19 for me  17 it is for the third year