You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

How about them 2019 Reds!!!

2 months ago

Reds fan since I came out the womb. I'm ready to start winning again

2 months ago 1 Like

What about the Reds?

Show Replies
2 months ago

The Reds are always good in the offseason. 

Who is going to pitch?  Castillo, Wood, ?, ?, ?

As a Pirates fan, I'm too aware of looking forward to winning. 

Good luck, to you, for your team having a good season. 

2 months ago 5 Likes

I keep coming back to this MLB The Show video game forum because I enjoying reading posts like this one. 

2 months ago 4 Likes

As a fellow Reds fan, let me assure you that they will NOT be good. There is a chance if Disco is healthy/productive, Castillo takes a step up to be an Ace, Roark is good Roark, one of their pitching “prospects” actually pitches well, Scooter keeps hitting like he has, Votto returns to form, Senzel makes an impact, Winker hits like last year, Barnhart hits like two years ago, and David Bell turns out to be a good manager. 

As of now, they’re the 4th best team in their own division at best. 

2 months ago

Also a reds fan, seems like u left out wood, puig and kemp? They not going to help at all

2 months ago 2 Likes

Reds aren't good now.  Stop the pipe dream and come back to earth

2 months ago

Also a reds fan, seems like u left out wood, puig and kemp? They not going to help at all

Comment by bmoo44
about 3 hours ago

I definitely think they will help. However, this team was absolute garbage last year and them and Roark are the only different pieces as of now. 

All four of those guys were players good teams deemed expendable, not players to take them over the top much less good from irrelevant.  

2 months ago

They are looking like they may finish behind the Brewers, Cubs and Cardinals.  That is usually a tough division.

2 months ago

Well Vottos contract handicapped them for long enough I guess 

2 months ago 1 Like

If they sign Keuchel they can make a push for one of the WC spots... i have a feeling that Puig is going to have a Breakout Season playing in  that ballpark whit less stress and surrounded of good runs producers like Votto , Suarez , Gennet around him , one or two ship bullpen arms would be great also but... the Cubs and Brewers are a lot better and even the Cardinals have a better roster 

2 months ago 2 Likes

If they sign Keuchel they can make a push for one of the WC spots... i have a feeling that Puig is going to have a Breakout Season playing in  that ballpark whit less stress and surrounded of good runs producers like Votto , Suarez , Gennet around him , one or two ship bullpen arms would be great also but... the Cubs and Brewers are a lot better and even the Cardinals have a better roster 

Comment by rodol1551
about 9 hours ago

good take.  Puigs always under pressure to perform in L.A.  I think he will have a great season with new surroundings and less pressure.  Plus his buddy turner ward is with him.   

And if you don't win more games at least it will be fun to watch.  I love the bat flips, dancing, and aggressive base running.  He puts on a show.   

2 months ago 1 Like

Reds fan here also. 51 yo. Been following them since Pete Rose and Joe Morgan etc. Our pitching blows. We always score runs. Votto is beginning his decline. Gennett won’t be extended so how great is he?  Brewers and Cubs both are way above us. Cards probably also. We will be better but I doubt the playoffs are in our future soon. 

2 months ago

It's been a few years since I have had any optimism about the season. But it's not like they are the only team to improve. The players all have to stay healthy and at minimum play the back of thier baseball card, and have young guys progress to play better than they have. I still think they need to land a legit Ave. Keuchel, who I don't think they can afford or get Kluber, who they will likely have to over pay for. Oh and who's playing CF?

I understand the excitement, but nothing has started.

Reds fan since 1989

2 months ago

Schebler or puig for cf

2 months ago

Schebler or puig for cf

Comment by bmoo44
1 day ago

106 games in CF between the two of them combined.

Not exactly a suitable replacement for Hamilton.

At least they both hit better.

2 months ago 3 Likes

At the very least, you've got an outstanding Bobblehead schedule.

2 months ago

At the very least, you've got an outstanding Bobblehead schedule.

Comment by SaveFarris
about 1 hour ago

Yeah, gotta go get the Larkin Bobblehead, I dont have one

2 months ago 1 Like

Schebler or puig for cf

Comment by bmoo44
1 day ago

Comment by nflman2033
about 3 hours ago

Puig CANNOT play center field.  He is not fundamentally sound enough.  

Someone above said that Puig will play better without the pressure in L.A.  I don't necessarily agree.  He messes around when he's not under pressure and he loses focus.  

2 months ago

Schebler or puig for cf

Comment by bmoo44
1 day ago

Comment by nflman2033
about 4 hours ago

Puig CANNOT play center field.  He is not fundamentally sound enough.  

Someone above said that Puig will play better without the pressure in L.A.  I don't necessarily agree.  He messes around when he's not under pressure and he loses focus.  

Comment by Fenian_1916
31 minutes ago

Yeah, I am not a fan of either of them in CF,  Schebler is probably the likely choice, but he has less innings played in CF than Puig has.