You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

What if Harper signs after print date

7 days ago

Let's assume Harper signs after the print date for the cover selve. 

Would they use the reveal cover which would be cool as I think it looks great the way it is

7 days ago

I'm sure he'll sign before spring training

7 days ago 1 Like

I'm sure he'll sign before spring training

Comment by kjlugo
about 1 hour ago

Yes, in all likelihood he will. But he asked "what if?" And it certainly isn't impossible. Unlikely, sure. But not impossible. And I agree with OP that the temporary design is kind of original and looks good. 

7 days ago

He’s going to need to come way the F down on his asking price.  Look at his numbers.

7 days ago

He’s going to need to come way the F down on his asking price.  Look at his numbers.

Comment by pootiecat
about 1 hour ago

4sure, no team is going to pay what hes lookin for, I think hes just highballin lookin for a counter offer.  Its gona be intersesting to see though.

6 days ago

Yeah I doubt that him being unsigned drags on long enough to a point where he doesn't have a team when its time for the game to hit shelves. Worse case scenario they'll do what Madden did the one year Brett Favre came back to play for Jets when game was initially all set to release the game with him in Packers uni... I think he came out of retirement so was a little different than this situation but with NBA 2K I think 2K was able to catch it in time to update their cover to show Kyrie Irving on the Celtics instead of the Cavs.

6 days ago 2 Likes

Harper is definitely worth the 300M+ asking price, he is right to ask for that. Hopefully a team will realize that and sign him.

Show Replies
6 days ago

325 mil, from the Yankees or Dodgers.

5 days ago

Your not paying Harper just for his production on the field. Harper alone when on a hot streak by himself sells out stadiums and that is why he will get the record contract. GM's know this and he will get paid good

5 days ago

I'm sure he guaranteed the show that he would sign before release date. They probably wrote some type of contract out saying he had to sign before a certain time in order to be on the cover. Because there's no way they would chance having a player on the cover with no uniform/team. Unless they put an All-Star Jersey on him but then they still need an answer.

5 days ago

Teams like the Yankees and the Dodgers don’t need him to sell tickets. Their stadiums are always packed. That’s because those are storied franchises and they have die hard fans.

5 days ago

Thank god for the internet, there will be an update.

5 days ago 1 Like

There’s NO WAY I would give Harper that kind of contract. If he gets what he’s asking for, he’ll never win a WS. It would cripple the franchise.