You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Can we expect ONLINE FRANCHISE MODE in MLBTS 19?

about 1 month ago

If they bring it back, I'll be there for sure.

about 1 month ago
This comment has been deleted.
about 1 month ago
This comment has been deleted.
Show Replies
about 1 month ago

Take a look at this: https://mlb17.theshownation.com/news/10123-online-franchise-and-mlb-the-show-18?page=13

THATS THE " LETTER " we received LAST YEAR!!! Take a look at the views.... 34,000 hits!

When they get a whiff and I mean the slightest breeze of there's no ONLINE FRANCHISE, the die pack EXPLODES!! I'm guaranteeing under 500k copies sold.... BUGS!!! GAMEBREAKING BUGS!! can't wait...

about 1 month ago

I really hope they bring Online Franchise back for ‘19. I have a longtime friend that is finally getting a PS4 on Christmas and we both wanted to finally start an online franchise together. Here’s hoping!

21 days ago

I really hope they bring Online Franchise back for ‘19. I have a longtime friend that is finally getting a PS4 on Christmas and we both wanted to finally start an online franchise together. Here’s hoping!

Comment by NeptunePirate
10 days ago

I still have my core members on standby waits to see what's going on!! At least 15 guys that aren't even thinking about 19 until they announce something about ONLINE FRANCHISE mode... They just kick us out and leave the worst modes ever thought of in the game... 

Will never get another dime from me!!! Offline franchise has turned into robot wars and it's not worth $60 bucks either!!! No preorders... We're all waits to see what they've managed to screw up now!

Probably another debacle like in past years!!!

21 days ago

Please bring this mode back. Ive play the game every year for a lot of hours. And if you can find a solid league to play with. Online francise is easily the most fun game mode. With the most hard core fan base in the game. 

21 days ago

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys, but I won't hold my breath. Seems like a very long shot that it returns. 

21 days ago 1 Like

I love the show it's the reason I play on ps4 but 18 was easily the worst yet you could tell from the alpha I tried giving DD a chance this year  it was not the same .only reason I even look at these forums is to see if there is any chance it will come back. mlb 15-17 I played ofm mainly  but I still would buy packs  and play dd now it's so hard to convince myself to log on anymore I'm just over dd every other year I played it March to march if ofm was revamped and back think I'd be back to playing 500+ online games instead of 150 PLEASE SDS

20 days ago

I love the show it's the reason I play on ps4 but 18 was easily the worst yet you could tell from the alpha I tried giving DD a chance this year  it was not the same .only reason I even look at these forums is to see if there is any chance it will come back. mlb 15-17 I played ofm mainly  but I still would buy packs  and play dd now it's so hard to convince myself to log on anymore I'm just over dd every other year I played it March to march if ofm was revamped and back think I'd be back to playing 500+ online games instead of 150 PLEASE SDS

Comment by biggimpin57
about 10 hours ago

Absolutely!!!

I haven't touched ONLINE PLAYER RATED since MLB THE SHOW 15!! Playing against humans is by far the best experience and I'll go as far as to say that it's better than playing offline! Franchise mode offline should've been the foundation for online but now I'm hoping they've added so much more... Just look at the buzz NBA 2K19 got when VC announced all those new editions to MyLeague!!! They did away with the stupid stuff and went deep inside the business without taking away anything important! People who didn't even care about MyLeague got happy and supported the cause! Unlike the weirdos in this community that cheered SDS on for pulling the mode this year, stood by while the game sold more than they expected! Even the DD crowd found out that they weren't important after the madness here so it all came into fold and I'm glad the people in charge witnessed that you can't get rid of " actual baseball " or you'll lose what you want the most which is sales!

I wouldn't touch DD if it was the last game mode on earth!

20 days ago 1 Like

From someone who mostly played online franchise the past two cycles, he probably meant BETA because the mode felt incomplete. There were scheduling issues, lack of roster control, the issue at one point where every regular season game was opening day, server issues, games that didn’t show on the schedule against some teams but could be found in other areas, progression systems that often felt slow compared to drafted players being instantly useable at times, and these were only some issues I remember. Again, I say all this from the standpoint that it was my favorite mode and if it was available in 18 I would be doing it.

Based on the effort SDS put into fixing minor changes since 15, I don’t see it coming back. It makes them no money in the way that DD does. Online franchise was truly the best mode for longevity and even your point that people can still play it on 17 shows how having a mode like that makes buying each years game not even necessary. Wish it would be back for 19, but I’m not holding my breath. Best chance for something like it would be they make some type of season or tournament mode in DD you can play with friends but wouldn’t count towards grinding stats.

Comment by theu715
3 months ago

Naw... We don't want nothing to do with Diamond Dynasty! Nothing! That mode is for dreamers and suckers! Wannabes!!

We play real baseball!!! That's what fantasy leagues are for... Let the kids collect cards and let the adults play baseball!! Simple as that...

Show Replies
11 days ago

Anything on the stream schedule yet??? I guess they'll announce something when Harper signs with us!!

Show Replies
7 days ago 1 Like

bump. 

i miss online franchise. i don’t even care if it sucks i just want it back tbh

6 days ago

In case anyone was wondering, first week sales numbers for MLB the Show 18 were down 200k compared to '17...but I cannot imagine why...

6 days ago

In case anyone was wondering, first week sales numbers for MLB the Show 18 were down 200k compared to '17...but I cannot imagine why...

Comment by RadarRider
40 minutes ago

I'm sure they knew that would happened which is why they gambled on packs to fill the void! Nope.... The preorder for this year will reflect less if not the same of what was earned last launch! The minute they decided to make the real fans second, the series starting rolling down hill like all the others of years past...

A brand new marketing campaign showing of an robust ONLINE FRANCHISE MODE would by far create more buzz than some generic conquest classic mode type

6 days ago

Unless online play is fixed OF wont matter.

Show Replies
6 days ago

bump. 

i miss online franchise. i don’t even care if it sucks i just want it back tbh

Comment by allfivetools
1 day ago

I'm in a pretty solid league in 17.  We use all HOF settings so if you want in just let me know.  Were mid-way through our 3rd season, 26 team league.

Show Replies
6 days ago

Comment by RadarRider
about 10 hours ago

I'm sure they knew that would happened which is why they gambled on packs to fill the void! Nope.... The preorder for this year will reflect less if not the same of what was earned last launch! The minute they decided to make the real fans second, the series starting rolling down hill like all the others of years past...

A brand new marketing campaign showing of an robust ONLINE FRANCHISE MODE would by far create more buzz than some generic conquest classic mode type

Comment by Dounte
about 9 hours ago

You don't know any of this, for sure.

IMO the chances are that since DD in '17 was so successful, the amount of new users with their willingness to spend cash on stubs far outweighs any revenue potentially lost by eliminating OLF from the game. I believe it's the real reason why that mode probably won't ever be returning. 

Personally, as an OLF player for many years, I couldn't be more disappointed.

Show Replies
about 7 hours ago

Btw, DD > OFM.

Been a fan since 09.

Show Replies
about 1 hour ago

BTW, OLF > DD.

Especially the way they've changed everything this year. '17 was better in so many ways. The DD programs and rewards were better, the gameplay was better, and it still had an OLF mode so people could actually choose what they wanted to play.. Far superior to the cash grabbing disappointment that '18 turned out to be.

Hopefully some things will improve in '19, no doubt there's plenty of room for it. Unfortunately for me if it's not significantly better, for the first time in a decade I won't be buying it.

Show Replies