You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Can we expect ONLINE FRANCHISE MODE in MLBTS 19?

3 months ago 7 Likes

I really hope SONY SANDIEGO revamped OFM and has big plans for it this year!!  I feel like the message we got a about this years cancellation was more of an " it's not ready " and I'm hoping ( along with thousands of others ) we can jump back into the mode we enjoy...

It's funny that you didn't see a lot of MLB THE SHOW floating around social media outlets this year... You had a few guys rocking T-shirts and hats but that's about it.. The real community is in the FRANCHISE realm.. If you look at MLB THE SHOW groups ( EVERYWHERE ) they've never even got started! There's a few 10-12 year olds grinding for packs but that's it!! Those numbers be outrageous even though no one seems to really ask for them... They just have to throw that out there so the kids will think DD is the mode to go to.. Pathetic!

Just look at CONQUEST MODE??? Who asked for that? How this became a priority ( cash grab ) over the foundational side of baseball bugs the hell out of me... Why leave your loyal, longtime fans out in the code over something you guys know is a long shot! Only baseball game on the market and y'all turn away customers... 

People complained about the ONLINE FRANCHISE MODE because they had nothing else to do! Us longtime fans appreciated the mode with all its flaws and online instability during launch! Why get rid of your loyal fans???  Bottom line, I speak for those " 40,000 " Franchise games played in 17 when I say, #BRINGONLINEFRANCHISEMODEBACKIN19 

MLB THE SHOW will never be the same without it!!

3 months ago 1 Like

Thank you online franchise

3 months ago 1 Like

Online franchise was a mess of slow screens. If they bring it back I want it to be 100% ready to play not in a beta stage

3 months ago 2 Likes

Online franchise was a mess of slow screens. If they bring it back I want it to be 100% ready to play not in a beta stage

Comment by windmillsfordayz
about 24 hours ago

We all do...  

ONLINE FRANCHISE was never in a beta state nor did it look or feel like it... The mode was just outdated and needed a few UPGRADES that's all! See, this is the problem!! The OFM COMMUNTITY new this but we didn't act immature about needing those things.. Every year, you had those few that complained about there not being any major improvements BUT we still played season after season and enjoyed every minute of it... The SERVERS were always an issue in the first couple weeks but that was it! Nobody on our side complained about anything other than that and I do believe ( maybe ) SONY SANDIEGO will return with a bang!!! Right now, the game is dead... It shouldn't be! I purchase the MLB THE SHOW every year just for ONLINE FRANCHISE MODE and bought it this year just to support the cause even though I had know intentions on playing any other mode.. I started a tournament with friends which lasted all but a month and that was it.. We had 15 teams playing on LEGEND through the friends lobby for a cool $100 prize... After that, that was it!! Guys went back to MLB THE SHOW 17 ONLINE FRANCHISE MODE and tortured themselves with it know how smooth and fluid MLB THE SHOW 18 was... It was for the love of the MODE... So the next time you say BETA, know and mean what you say because there are thousands of people that would simply laugh in your face!

3 months ago

From someone who mostly played online franchise the past two cycles, he probably meant BETA because the mode felt incomplete. There were scheduling issues, lack of roster control, the issue at one point where every regular season game was opening day, server issues, games that didn’t show on the schedule against some teams but could be found in other areas, progression systems that often felt slow compared to drafted players being instantly useable at times, and these were only some issues I remember. Again, I say all this from the standpoint that it was my favorite mode and if it was available in 18 I would be doing it.

Based on the effort SDS put into fixing minor changes since 15, I don’t see it coming back. It makes them no money in the way that DD does. Online franchise was truly the best mode for longevity and even your point that people can still play it on 17 shows how having a mode like that makes buying each years game not even necessary. Wish it would be back for 19, but I’m not holding my breath. Best chance for something like it would be they make some type of season or tournament mode in DD you can play with friends but wouldn’t count towards grinding stats.

3 months ago 1 Like

As long as they can tighten up hitting online I think bringing back Online Franchise would be great. But only if Online Franchise is built the same as regular Franchise mode. As much as I used to love playing online against other people in a season or franchise I felt that NCAA Football did it the best... and this year it looks like NBA 2K is following the same model of making the Online Franchise the same as its Franchise... ofcourse there would have to be some sort customization to allow for shorter seasons if the players want a quicker turn around on how many seasons they can play.

I think Online Franchise will return if not for MLB The Show 19 definitely in MLB The Show 20. The future (or actually current state) of gaming is primarily online and having a "free" online mode for people to play is a huge help to retaining the fans of the game that aren't necessarily interested in playing the "pay to play" online mode. Madden has the ability to do their game online as well and with customization I've seen that there are some pretty decent sized communities that come from those game modes.

Again fixing/improving the hitting online will need to be key to bringing more online modes into the game - specifically bringing back Online Franchise... which again I'm hoping is the regular Franchise mode only with online playability because it would be amazing to play out at minimum a year of baseball against other The Show gamers.

3 months ago 2 Likes

As long as they can tighten up hitting online I think bringing back Online Franchise would be great. But only if Online Franchise is built the same as regular Franchise mode. As much as I used to love playing online against other people in a season or franchise I felt that NCAA Football did it the best... and this year it looks like NBA 2K is following the same model of making the Online Franchise the same as its Franchise... ofcourse there would have to be some sort customization to allow for shorter seasons if the players want a quicker turn around on how many seasons they can play.

I think Online Franchise will return if not for MLB The Show 19 definitely in MLB The Show 20. The future (or actually current state) of gaming is primarily online and having a "free" online mode for people to play is a huge help to retaining the fans of the game that aren't necessarily interested in playing the "pay to play" online mode. Madden has the ability to do their game online as well and with customization I've seen that there are some pretty decent sized communities that come from those game modes.

Again fixing/improving the hitting online will need to be key to bringing more online modes into the game - specifically bringing back Online Franchise... which again I'm hoping is the regular Franchise mode only with online playability because it would be amazing to play out at minimum a year of baseball against other The Show gamers.

Comment by romeischillin
about 12 hours ago

There were more things than that wrong with it but DIEHARD FANS played it anyway is all I'm saying!!!

They definitely need to implement all offline items into online like NBA 2K's MY LEAGUE RECIEVED this year... 

We all know that in years past, there wasn't any money to be made but there are opportunities to add some type of paywall like micro transactions with gear or what not! How about paid sponsorships where you get to where certain types of gear after achieving a goal but you'll have to purchase those items exclusively.. I'm just saying!!

Anything to get this mode back... And no, ONLINE FRANCHISE COMMUNITY doesn't want any party in Diamond Dynasty... Nothing!! Keep it all MLB baseball!!

3 months ago

Comment by romeischillin
about 23 hours ago

There were more things than that wrong with it but DIEHARD FANS played it anyway is all I'm saying!!!

They definitely need to implement all offline items into online like NBA 2K's MY LEAGUE RECIEVED this year... 

We all know that in years past, there wasn't any money to be made but there are opportunities to add some type of paywall like micro transactions with gear or what not! How about paid sponsorships where you get to where certain types of gear after achieving a goal but you'll have to purchase those items exclusively.. I'm just saying!!

Anything to get this mode back... And no, ONLINE FRANCHISE COMMUNITY doesn't want any party in Diamond Dynasty... Nothing!! Keep it all MLB baseball!!

Comment by Dounte
about 11 hours ago

I'm pretty sure there are players that would love to play both modes and adding content that you have to pay for in Online Franchise isn't a smart move.

The key is making it just like offline franchise... using the same sponsorships. And yeah obviously Online Franchise you would keep it to the actual MLB franchises... my thing is they need to fix the online hitting that isn't the greatest in Diamond Dynasty otherwise we'll have another online mode that people are bemoaning the hitting (and the fielding)... I know I'd definitely want to get involved with playing franchise again if I can play against other players running their own teams.

Guess time will tell... I'm just thinking outloud that its not making it back in 2019... 2020 is a more realistic time frame for that mode to return hopefully mirroring Franchise mode.

3 months ago 2 Likes

I wish you guys luck at getting the mode back and in a playable state but I just can't see them adding it back.

3 months ago 1 Like

Be interesting to see what they put out. I've always suspected that they removed OFM specifically to push those players to DD.

Feels like SDS isn't confident they can grow their user base significantly so they're trying to funnel everyone to DD and, consequently, make DD as newb friendly as possible to accommodate them. 

<sudden coming to Jeebus moment>... WTF am I doing on these forums with BLOPS 4 loaded and ready to go? BLACKOUT B*****CHES!

Show Replies
3 months ago

I very much doubt it unfortunately, given the way they've been going. They barely even do anything to regular franchise, while removing seasons without telling anyone, so the odds of them going to the effort of fixing and reinstating online franchise seems pretty low. They're probably more likely to remove another mode than reinstate one. 

3 months ago

Comment by romeischillin
1 day ago

Comment by Dounte
1 day ago

I'm pretty sure there are players that would love to play both modes and adding content that you have to pay for in Online Franchise isn't a smart move.

The key is making it just like offline franchise... using the same sponsorships. And yeah obviously Online Franchise you would keep it to the actual MLB franchises... my thing is they need to fix the online hitting that isn't the greatest in Diamond Dynasty otherwise we'll have another online mode that people are bemoaning the hitting (and the fielding)... I know I'd definitely want to get involved with playing franchise again if I can play against other players running their own teams.

Guess time will tell... I'm just thinking outloud that its not making it back in 2019... 2020 is a more realistic time frame for that mode to return hopefully mirroring Franchise mode.

Comment by romeischillin
about 13 hours ago

It was literally an idea and I think it was good one in my opinion so for you to say that it's not but hang onto the notion that hitting ONLINE is bad seems VOID in my opinion!!!

I PLAY ON LEGEND ( well I did ) so I could careless... It's all about getting ONLINE FRANCHISE MODE back being apart of the MLB THE SHOW series... Everything else will come like it always does

3 months ago

Be interesting to see what they put out. I've always suspected that they removed OFM specifically to push those players to DD.

Feels like SDS isn't confident they can grow their user base significantly so they're trying to funnel everyone to DD and, consequently, make DD as newb friendly as possible to accommodate them. 

<sudden coming to Jeebus moment>... WTF am I doing on these forums with BLOPS 4 loaded and ready to go? BLACKOUT B*****CHES!

Comment by boutyaybig
about 13 hours ago

A lot of us thought the same thing.... Some guys tried H2H just to see how bad it's gotten and yeah, people did play a little bit of DD because there weren't any other ADULT modes for online... I can tell you this, I don't think it did what they thought it would do and that's evident! ( won't go into details ) 

I just feel like they needed to test the market... They needed to see how much they could milk in the meantime! When they mentioned that OFM didn't make it in the CODE, that was the tall tale sign right there! BUDGET got low... Did they recoop enough to add OFM again?  I don't know but I spent $60 just to make the dream work.. If we don't get it this year, I'm deleting all MLB THE SHOWS from 14 to 18 off my console and I won't look back... There's so many people that were left out in the cold this year because of whatever issue the company had and it's a shame on them not me!! The LETTER was devastating to those thousands of players but it also carried a pinch of hope in it.. If they let us down and not mention something new for the MLB THE SHOW FRANCHISE COMMUNITY, those numbers will dwindle down to next to nothing and I can guarantee you THAT!! Stocks will do what they did this year, even out!!

NO MONEY TO BE MADE @ SONY SANDIEGO!!! Then it's a wrap for real...

3 months ago 2 Likes

Comment by windmillsfordayz
8 days ago

The screens aren't any faster then the other modes!! That's not even a problem!! The mode just needs to return with some of the same key items that OFFLINE franchise has and it'll be wonderful!! Maybe allow guys use their RTHS characters with 29 other users!! Whatever it takes..

3 months ago

I just hope you guys don't wait until a week before launch to tell us that ONLINE FRANCHISE MODE didn't make the code again this year... 

3 months ago 1 Like

SDS isn't interested in making an online franchise unless they figure out a way to charge stubs for it.

3 months ago

SDS isn't interested in making an online franchise unless they figure out a way to charge stubs for it.

Comment by tybud
about 23 hours ago

I hope they do find away to implement some sort of micro transaction so the ONLINE FRANCHISE mode community can pay for our new and improved additions each year! I'd welcome it... 

As long as we get our mode back.. MLB THE SHOW 19 feels like a indie game without it!! There's nothing smart or strategic about any other mode!! Battle royale was the worst thing ever to come to any sports title in gaming history!! How that throwback mode made it and our 30 user team didn't, I don't know... The outrage was real and hope I Sony Sandiego knows it..

3 months ago

Just based off the fact that the admins haven't shut this thread down yet is good news to me... Can t wait for MLB THE SHOW 19 info..

3 months ago 1 Like

Now that the Cover is out, it's time to start actually caring about the consumers!! That deluxe edition puts them in NBA 2K lane except the capital is no where close... Timeline of info drops needs to be a bit more transparent this year and I suspect it will because ( assuming ) Harper will in fact choose a team soon and they'd want to update that cover... There's no reason for me to preorder now and it's a guaranteed pass if there's no ONLINE FRANCHISE MODE!! 

If a blog drops sooner rather than later and confirms our MODE has returned, I'll preorder the deluxe edition just to show my gratitude! Y'all can keep that goofy looking hat...

2 months ago

No way Sony Sandiego is not working on a robust franchise mode on and offline.... If not, MLB THE SHOW will be  a mobile game in a couple years! I can't wait to see the sit on that couch together during live streams and lie to the pack openers! The whole company is headed in the wrong direction... It's sad!

2 months ago

Rumor has it that there won't be a franchise mode at all neither offline or online, it's been circulating around here that there will only have 3 modes RTTS, online ranked and DD. For the sake of most people I hope these rumors are wrong

2 months ago

Rumor has it that there won't be a franchise mode at all neither offline or online, it's been circulating around here that there will only have 3 modes RTTS, online ranked and DD. For the sake of most people I hope these rumors are wrong

Comment by danieloso68
1 day ago

Franchise mode getting removed could potentially be a death nail... I don't see them doing that as there are some guys that don't even venture to the online parts of the lot of these games.

2 months ago

Comment by danieloso68
3 days ago

Nann, I'm not gonna say you're lying ( almost 4,000 comments ) but seriously doubt that!! They'll need another online mode other than what they already have so for them to subtract doesn't make sense at this point! I really don't know but I just can't see any harm in Sony Sandiego reintroducing ONLINE FRANCHISE MODE like 2K did with some serious changes... If they do decide to go another route with some gimmick mode like " conquest battle royale ", the game is surely to sell under a million copies!! Can't say they sold that much this year!

2 months ago

Comment by danieloso68
3 days ago

Franchise mode getting removed could potentially be a death nail... I don't see them doing that as there are some guys that don't even venture to the online parts of the lot of these games.

Comment by romeischillin
1 day ago

Absolutely... The sim community would give this game the " DECISION " treatment for sure!! The packs are getting worst and people know that! If they can't get people to buy packs and there's no original fan base, that'll be a going out of business moment I'm sure of it!!

about 1 month ago

Only game I have to purchase between now and March is MLB THE SHOW 19 and I can't even preorder because I'm not sure if the one MODE I've been playing for years has any part in this year's code!! Smh!!