You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
68 2174 Active about 18 hours ago

When i was 7 years old i peed myself in the outfield and didnt tell anyone

10/19/2019 5:02PM PDT

Batted leadoff for my first ever game. Got beaned first pitch. Cried my way to first. Didn't swing a bat for 3 weeks...

10/19/2019 5:08PM PDT

Tried to be a big shot and host my own mound visit when I was playing 3rd, I got yelled at

10/19/2019 5:14PM PDT

Absolutely killed it in practice, especially after coach taught me to turn and pull, in game couldnt touch it and when I did a lil dribbler of a different sort than you Pat. Lol Seriously though it killed my confidence in everything for a good 5 years easy maybe longer..That ish was devastating enough I remember it well

10/19/2019 5:19PM PDT

On one team we used to spit sunflower seeds in the coaches sons glove when he was batting .

10/19/2019 5:21PM PDT

I drilled 7 kids in a row, 3 were an accident and I said screw it and tried to plunk the whole lineup 

10/19/2019 5:22PM PDT

Little kid me in early Little League was forced to buy a new glove. As much as I loved my old one - there was no padding left - constantly had a bruised palm. 

Tried for days to break the new glove in. Tried everything I could think of, but it just wasn't having it. 

First game with new glove. No outs, one on first. 

Routine fly to me in RF - I didn't even have to move. Ball goes right into my glove... and bounces out. I was furious. I hated this glove. Before I pick the ball up, I curse loudly and spike the glove into the ground.

Picked the ball up, spun around wildly in anger and launched it over the cutoff straight to home. 

Should have used two hands!

Quite the embarrassing moment, and Livingston was there to witness the whole thing. 😳

10/19/2019 5:37PM PDT

I was in CF and it's a tie game. Runner on 3rd 2 outs. Batter hits a high as hell pop up to me and right when I lined up the catch a bird dropped a deuce on my hat which then blinded me and the ball cracked me in the head and knocked me out cold and we lost the game. I wish it was on video to share for the masses. 

10/19/2019 5:48PM PDT

Little kid me in early Little League was forced to buy a new glove. As much as I loved my old one - there was no padding left - constantly had a bruised palm. 

Tried for days to break the new glove in. Tried everything I could think of, but it just wasn't having it. 

Routine fly to me in RF - I didn't even have to move. Ball goes right into my glove... and bounces out. I was furious. I hated this glove. Before I pick the ball up, I curse loudly and spike the glove into the ground.

Picked the ball up, spun around wildly in anger and launched it over the cutoff straight to home. 

Quite the embarrassing moment, and Livingston was there to witness the whole thing. 😳

Comment by Victor_SDS
10/19/2019 8:37PM EDT

@Victor_SDS

0 fielding

99 arm strength

Comment by Victor_SDS
10/19/2019 8:37PM EDT

I don't want to rain on your little league parade but don't the put the worst players in RF?

10/19/2019 5:49PM PDT

I don't want to rain on your little league parade but don't the put the worst players in RF?

Comment by foge011
10/19/2019 5:49PM PDT

Probably.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10/19/2019 5:52PM PDT

@Victor_SDS

0 fielding

99 arm strength

Comment by carey_56

Well played... 😂🤣😂

10/19/2019 5:55PM PDT

Probably.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment by Victor_SDS
10/19/2019 8:52PM EDT

I'm just messing with you. My baseball career peaked at 12 and I still wasn't very good. Was a decent enough fielder just couldn't hit squat

10/19/2019 5:56PM PDT

I finished my high school baseball career 0-2 with 2 strikeouts and 3 innings played in RF, due to me being ineligible due to grades( I never tried in school) but i did a heck of a job keeping score lol

10/19/2019 6:03PM PDT

11 year old in Majors (top division in local LL). Coach got pissed for some reason and said all bats above 21 ozs were no longer allowed (I was, at the time, a little a-hem, heavy so I swung a 23 oz bat) even though I was a pretty good 3 hole hitter and playing for the town's travel team in my age group. After me protesting about the random edict about bat weight, my first at bat, I turned on an inside fastball in my first at bat with a much lighter bat and drilled a line drive foul down the 3rd base line (all head coaches would coach 3rd base in LL) and drilled my coach right in the balls. My (much) older sister, who played D1 softball in college (and was an assistant coach on my LL team) yelled "that wouldn't have happened if you let him use his heavier bat". Coach took my 23 oz bat out of my bat bag and put it in the bat rack by the time I got back to the dugout and never said another word about the weight of my bats again. 

10/19/2019 6:12PM PDT

I never played in little League because my parents were too poor.. 

10/19/2019 6:51PM PDT

I play baseball but have no stories because my lofe is boring and a pure big scack of shiiiiit

10/19/2019 6:52PM PDT

I guess my craziest baseball story was breaking my thumb on a tag play at 2B. Kids metal spike caught on my glove and tore it back u guess. Thankfully we still got the out and the inning was over. Didn't know it was broken at first so I actually took an ab in the next inning (pop up to the pitcher) before leaving the game. This was 13u travel ball not little league. Sadly I have no eventful stories to share from that age lol

It also sucked cuz I had to aim the pci with my index finger for a month after that. 

10/19/2019 7:38PM PDT

11 year old in Majors (top division in local LL). Coach got pissed for some reason and said all bats above 21 ozs were no longer allowed (I was, at the time, a little a-hem, heavy so I swung a 23 oz bat) even though I was a pretty good 3 hole hitter and playing for the town's travel team in my age group. After me protesting about the random edict about bat weight, my first at bat, I turned on an inside fastball in my first at bat with a much lighter bat and drilled a line drive foul down the 3rd base line (all head coaches would coach 3rd base in LL) and drilled my coach right in the balls. My (much) older sister, who played D1 softball in college (and was an assistant coach on my LL team) yelled "that wouldn't have happened if you let him use his heavier bat". Coach took my 23 oz bat out of my bat bag and put it in the bat rack by the time I got back to the dugout and never said another word about the weight of my bats again. 

Comment by Brocktarrr
10/19/2019 6:12PM PDT

Haha straight lol 

10/19/2019 8:08PM PDT

My last year in LL our All Star team was really good and were playing in a regional game to qualify for the LLWS. I was a catcher and we had a big boy that threw heat. I thought a curve was coming but he threw a fastball. Ball hit me square in the cup and broke it in half.. Literally.... I scrambled around for the ball and tried to throw to 3rd and hit the umpire and knocked him out cold. The ball went out of play and the kid scored. I still have the VHS of it lol. We lost by 9 lol

10/19/2019 8:35PM PDT

Was playing catch with my teamate in practice and i nailed him in the stomach...cried to his mom and sat on her lap and just watched me play catch with his replacment.

Tough times.

10/19/2019 8:41PM PDT

Comment by Victor_SDS
10/19/2019 7:37PM CDT

Similar experience in HS. I was a catcher.  Teams mitt was older and broken in. Nice glove.  But finally got my own Nokona.  And of course wasnt gonna use no other.  Well, it takes a while to break in a catchers mitt. Balls popping in and out my mitt for weeks. I actually had to use the teams mitt during the season or my teammates would have not been happy.

10/19/2019 8:48PM PDT

Umpires were supposed to do cup checks. Sometimes they were lazy and took our word for it.

I'm lefty. I played first base and occasionally pitched. One time, for whatever reason, our best player, who played short, was moved to first when I was pitching. 

I noticed the runner on first was bird-dogging me before I stepped on the rubber. First baseman was on the bag, but not paying attention. I did a quick throw before stepping on the mound in a pick off attempt. 

First baseman never saw it coming. Hit him where his cup should've been. He crumpled. Was removed from the game for injury/not properly equipped.  

10/19/2019 8:51PM PDT

Umpires were supposed to do cup checks. Sometimes they were lazy and took our word for it.

I'm lefty. I played first base and occasionally pitched. One time, for whatever reason, our best player, who played short, was moved to first when I was pitching. 

I noticed the runner on first was bird-dogging me before I stepped on the rubber. First baseman was on the bag, but not paying attention. I did a quick throw before stepping on the mound in a pick off attempt. 

First baseman never saw it coming. Hit him where his cup should've been. He crumpled. Was removed from the game for injury/not properly equipped.  

Comment by maurice91932
10/19/2019 8:51PM PDT

Mitch Haniger injury? Lol

10/19/2019 9:04PM PDT

Mitch Haniger injury? Lol

Comment by Dclnnn
10/20/2019 12:04AM EDT

F in the chat to pay respects for Mitch Haniger Jr.

10/19/2019 9:31PM PDT