You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Guys, I’m rewatching the walking dead on Netflix, just finished the first season. Man should they have ended it. I’ve watched thru like the 6th season or so, haven’t watched for the past 3 years. I really do think that show was as good as breaking bad and dexter and all the other top notch shows. They should’ve ended it way sooner, there’s no point in watching now and I haven’t for a while. 

Idk why I’m posting this here but I guess I have no where else to post it. 

Lmk what you guys think about it 

9/22/2019 7:10PM PDT

I'm not into TV shows as a whole. I heard the Walking Dead was good, and even watched one episode of Fear the Walking Dead, but never really got around to watching the whole thing.

Have you seen fear of the walking dead? I kind of like the premise of it more than the Walking Dead, but don't want to devote time if it's just a meh spinoff.

I will be getting back into TV again when shows like The Mandalore comes out, pretty excited for that.

9/22/2019 7:12PM PDT

I watched up until the second episode of season 7,  it got really bad

9/22/2019 7:16PM PDT

I used to be a huge fan, but seasons 7,8, and 9 were just horrible. I read most of the comics so I was really excited to see those storylines come to tv. Maybe it’s because I had high expectations, but it became a chore to watch every Sunday.

9/22/2019 7:19PM PDT

I'm not into TV shows as a whole. I heard the Walking Dead was good, and even watched one episode of Fear the Walking Dead, but never really got around to watching the whole thing.

Have you seen fear of the walking dead? I kind of like the premise of it more than the Walking Dead, but don't want to devote time if it's just a meh spinoff.

I will be getting back into TV again when shows like The Mandalore comes out, pretty excited for that.

Comment by eatyum
9/22/2019 7:12PM PDT

I watched the first 2 seasons of fear the walking dead, it was good but I could tell that they were gonna play it out like twd 

9/22/2019 7:37PM PDT

Seasons 1-4 were great and it slowly went absolutely downhill after that

9/22/2019 7:39PM PDT

Seasons 1-4 were great and it slowly went absolutely downhill after that

Comment by steelerjoesteel
9/22/2019 7:39PM PDT

Exactly 

9/22/2019 7:41PM PDT

Frank Darabont created the show. Several of the actors had previously worked with him. IIRC creative differences and possibly money drove him away after season 2, or even before. 

Of course they still have Kirkman and his comics, but Darabont is who made the material come to life so well in the first season or so. 

9/22/2019 7:47PM PDT

I'll keep this somewhat vague in case people are still on early seasons as to not spoil anything, but in general I really liked season 1. When they found a farm (I think season 2) I got pretty bored. I stuck it out for more seasons and there were some highlights, but I never thought it was as good as season 1. They lost me for good when someone swung for the fences and took out a character I liked.  Good/squared up, no doubt animation.

9/22/2019 7:53PM PDT

It was fantastic for eight or nine episodes. Absolutely impossible to keep a plot like this interesting over a hundred episodes or whatever.

9/22/2019 7:55PM PDT

Frank Darabont created the show. Several of the actors had previously worked with him. IIRC creative differences and possibly money drove him away after season 2, or even before. 

Of course they still have Kirkman and his comics, but Darabont is who made the material come to life so well in the first season or so. 

Comment by yyhy89
9/22/2019 7:47PM PDT

Yes! Check out the mist (movie) if you haven’t, directed by frank darabont and features some of the actors from twd. Great movie in my opinion 

9/22/2019 8:02PM PDT

Darabont was the one who pitched the show to HBO. AMC bought it and he wrote and produced the 6 episode season. Then AMC wanted 16 episode seasons with a million less budget per episode. 

Darabont sent emails threatening to murder people if they didn’t stop ruining his show. 

He left during season 2 and the guy who played Dale asked to be killed because he was so pissed off. 

9/23/2019 7:16AM PDT

It slowly went downhill after the Governor.  I'm still watching, call it Pot Commitment I guess, and while there's been decent moments, I agree it's been a dumpster fire.  I didn't like the first 2 or 3 seasons of Fear the Walking Dead, but the last few after Morgan from TWD came over have been decent.  They also added Garret Dillahunt, the dad from Raising Hope, and he's a great actor.

9/23/2019 7:28AM PDT