You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
28 753 Active about 1 month ago

Used to be die-hard madden gamer despite the series constant shortcomings. Was relatively good at game too, typically rank around top 5-7k online. Tried the Madden Dynasty deal and thought was cool concept but really lacking. This lead me to try it on MLB show last year, WOW was I impressed and hooked. This lead me to never inserting another madden disk since game is even more horrible after MLB Show Diamond Dynasty spoiled me. Last year I promised myself that I would actually NOT buy madden new since I always end up being disappointed 90% of the time. SDS overall I think does good job and get tired of hearing all negative feedback when there is still lot of positive to talk about this game!

So who has played Madden 20? Is it any good? Diamond Dynasty? I have already heard plenty of bad reviews. I did not like the player progression last year in franchise mode, I prefer to assign the stats versus the game randomly assigning them based on selected player archetype.

Hitting in MLB show was driving me crazy but seems I have gotten past my hurdles as I'm hitting better. Not sure if it is due to the latest patch, but timing was in alignment. Or maybe just all the extra practice.

9/18/2019 9:03AM PDT

That's not saying much as Madden is a cesspool now.  MLB The Show is quickly heading that way.  Both games have let the gameplay take a back seat to packs, promos, etc.  Way too much RNG in both games.  

I've already quit Madden and I might not be far behind with The Show.

9/18/2019 9:18AM PDT

i really enjoy madden 20

9/18/2019 9:23AM PDT

Everyone knows that Madden sucks

9/18/2019 9:27AM PDT

Everyone complaining obviously does not play the other UT games around. Mlb the show does it better then all combined 

9/18/2019 9:33AM PDT

Everyone complaining obviously does not play the other UT games around. Mlb the show does it better then all combined 

Comment by Therealest_JB
9/18/2019 9:33AM PDT

2k has a different style from both EA and SDS

9/18/2019 9:42AM PDT

2k has a different style from both EA and SDS

Comment by sportsking1331
9/18/2019 12:42PM EDT

I love 2K, and I don’t love Basketball. The game has a lot going for it. The pay to win is over the top for the UT mode tho. I promised myself no $ spent this year and it’s actualy been fun grinding with a budget squad compared to last year where I had to have every new card lol

9/18/2019 9:49AM PDT

I love 2K, and I don’t love Basketball. The game has a lot going for it. The pay to win is over the top for the UT mode tho. I promised myself no $ spent this year and it’s actualy been fun grinding with a budget squad compared to last year where I had to have every new card lol

Comment by Therealest_JB
9/18/2019 9:49AM PDT

I never spent money on UT style games because the point of playing the game mode is to enjoy the grind to get new cards. Im not talking about the immortal grinds that are way too long ( lol ) but grinds like moments, WS and even on 2k the Unlimited grind, Domination, and etc.

9/18/2019 9:55AM PDT

Comment by Therealest_JB
9/18/2019 11:33AM CDT

I play The Show, Madden (pre 20) and NBA2K.  IMO Madden does UT the best but they've ruined the game play, just like The Show is doing.  I haven't played NBA2K a whole lot but I'm slowly learning how to play it.  My son and his friends play it all the time.  They all stopped playing Madden.

I stopped spending money on Madden and The Show.  You can easily build good teams in both without spending.  It's also more rewarding doing it that way IMO.

9/18/2019 10:54AM PDT

I play The Show, Madden (pre 20) and NBA2K.  IMO Madden does UT the best but they've ruined the game play, just like The Show is doing.  I haven't played NBA2K a whole lot but I'm slowly learning how to play it.  My son and his friends play it all the time.  They all stopped playing Madden.

I stopped spending money on Madden and The Show.  You can easily build good teams in both without spending.  It's also more rewarding doing it that way IMO.

Comment by SixPackStl
9/18/2019 10:54AM PDT

Way more rewarding to build dynasty team with no actual Cash Spent IMO too! What fun is success without a grind?

I also enjoy playing the market as well, been making lots of stubs trading. Can be time consuming though!

9/18/2019 11:10AM PDT

Will we ever see an NFL 2k again?

From my understanding we will not, becuase EA owns the rights to put the players and teams in a video game (exclusive rights). Fits definition of a "monopoly", which is illegal, but none of the class action lawsuits against EA have ever amounted to anything.

Also crazy that X Box does not have legit baseball title, meaning no MLB Show on XBox.. was that way last I check (years ago).

9/18/2019 11:13AM PDT

plain an simple,  SDS  >  EA

9/18/2019 11:28AM PDT

I am always amused at how people can compare 2 totally different games. It isnt like comparing war games or anything like that.  I mean, if you want baseball you play The Show, football is Madden. One cannot quench the thirst of another.

9/18/2019 11:37AM PDT

I never spent money on UT style games because the point of playing the game mode is to enjoy the grind to get new cards. Im not talking about the immortal grinds that are way too long ( lol ) but grinds like moments, WS and even on 2k the Unlimited grind, Domination, and etc.

Comment by sportsking1331
9/18/2019 12:55PM EDT

Yes but your what 15-16? I hope you not wasting $ on the game..I’m married with kids, I’d rather spend 20$ then grind for hours at a time.

time is worth more then money to me

9/18/2019 3:38PM PDT

I am always amused at how people can compare 2 totally different games. It isnt like comparing war games or anything like that.  I mean, if you want baseball you play The Show, football is Madden. One cannot quench the thirst of another.

Comment by ChuckCLC
9/18/2019 2:37PM EDT

I think we’re talking about the game modes and collection aspects, not so much sport V sport.

like 2K domination gives you a lot more goodies then Conquest 

9/18/2019 3:39PM PDT

Yeah madden is terrible. Madden on PS2 was the best.... like 05 or 06

9/18/2019 3:46PM PDT

I think we’re talking about the game modes and collection aspects, not so much sport V sport.

Comment by Therealest_JB
9/18/2019 6:39PM EDT

I never tried 2K domination. Might have to try this year.

9/18/2019 4:25PM PDT

Comment by Therealest_JB
9/18/2019 3:39PM PDT

FACTS

9/18/2019 5:14PM PDT

Madden is a heaping pile of 💩 now. I've been playing madden since 1992 and they just keep getting worse and worse, especially 18, 19 and 20. Those 3 are the worst ones. Back before ultimate team they used to be good( gameplay wise) but since they added in MUT, it has become the grime on the bottom of society. All they care about now is packs, stale promos, and microtransactions. 

9/18/2019 7:10PM PDT

I have both games. The Show has it's issues but it's definitely better than Madden.

9/18/2019 7:34PM PDT

The show is absolutely 100 percent better than Madden... The show has a good game engine, Madden has a terrible game engine... EA needs to scrap Madden and start over, or just go back to the PS2 game engine and polish it up ... 

9/18/2019 10:03PM PDT

Confused on how Madden20 could have their own sponsored tournament for how bad their gameplay is.

9/19/2019 2:00AM PDT

Confused on how Madden20 could have their own sponsored tournament for how bad their gameplay is.

Comment by onnagood1
9/19/2019 4:00AM CDT

Its just the volume.  It is Football, the NFL. Doent matter how bad the play, millions will play. But most their tourneys are at higher levels as well to negate some of the RNG.

9/19/2019 2:04AM PDT

Comment by ChuckCLC
9/18/2019 11:37AM PDT

2 totally different games, I agree they are different but not totally. Reason being, both games fall under the "Sports Game" market segment.

9/19/2019 8:44AM PDT

I used to play Madden going back to 93, but stopped before they introduced MUT. I went back and got Madden 20 and am really disappointed coming from The Show. The programs are not intuitive. You can only get a +90 OVR legend if you collect every other iteration of that legend? What? The packs are a freaking fortune with digital currency compared to MLBTS (although I will admit they do a good job on the freebee packs when you level up, etc, but it's not like you're going to pull very many elite/diamond tier players. You can have basically a 99 OVR squad in MLBTS by simply playing the game (if you want more diversity to mix things up, then you have to play the market or buy stubs, so there's still incentive). But Madden? I don't know how I would get a 99 OVR squad at all positions without blowing a chunk of change or incessantly playing the market.

I could be wrong about all of this, as I find that nothing is very intuitive in Madden MUT -- having to take to the intertubes to find out what the heck a Power Up card is and how train up cards/ultimate trainers was confusing AF for someone who hasn't done EA's UT before...unlike MLBTS where you intuitively know what to do and what the different aspects mean (sig series/immortals/all star/break out/etc)...Hell, Madden doesn't even spell out what certain stats mean (PRC/BSH/etc)..

9/19/2019 10:29AM PDT