You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Can you please answer if the patch that fixed HR/9 is still under effect? Because hitting seems broken, and I'm not just saying that. Something is wrong. Hopefully you can help me out! This is a sincere question, not a troll post or anything. Any feedback would be much appreciated! @Victor_SDS

9/30/2019 12:26PM PDT

I also would greatly appreciate any type of response regarding hitting and the recent patch

9/30/2019 12:30PM PDT

And those Cleats...

9/30/2019 12:34PM PDT

Because hitting seems broken, and I'm not just saying that. 

Narrator:  "He was just saying that."

9/30/2019 12:35PM PDT

Comment by SaveFarris

Lol I knew someone would joke about that but seriously if SDS can reply that would be great.

9/30/2019 12:36PM PDT

There were no gameplay changes in patch 1.22. 

Specifically, we did not revert the HR/9 change made in 1.21. 

9/30/2019 1:00PM PDT

Comment by Victor_SDS

Thanks so much for the clarification. It is very appreciated.

9/30/2019 1:01PM PDT

Comment by Victor_SDS

How about the cleats?

9/30/2019 1:04PM PDT

Comment by Victor_SDS
9/30/2019 4:00PM EDT

Greatly appreciate the response sir!

9/30/2019 1:25PM PDT

How about the cleats?

Comment by jreypr
9/30/2019 4:04PM EDT

I'm wondering if they have been added but not yet released? Possibly for a future inning program?

9/30/2019 1:26PM PDT

The cleats are currently offline. Go to edit a player in the rosters and you’ll see them. That’s the only area I’ve seen them, so may be offline only.

9/30/2019 1:34PM PDT

Translation. The games still trash. ENJOY!!!!

9/30/2019 1:37PM PDT

The cleats are currently offline. Go to edit a player in the rosters and you’ll see them. That’s the only area I’ve seen them, so may be offline only.

Comment by theu715
9/30/2019 1:34PM PDT

Are they those Adidas ones that someone posted about on Reddit?

9/30/2019 1:41PM PDT

Are they those Adidas ones that someone posted about on Reddit?

Comment by jreypr
9/30/2019 1:41PM PDT

Yes, they’re Adidas 8-bit cleats.

9/30/2019 1:43PM PDT

Yes, they’re Adidas 8-bit cleats.

Comment by theu715
9/30/2019 1:43PM PDT

Thanks man. I'm a Nike guy so hard pass for me. Good luck on Wednesday!

9/30/2019 1:48PM PDT

Greatly appreciate the response sir!

Comment by doobiebross66-72
9/30/2019 1:25PM PDT

Here's the thing guys, you don't need a patch to change the hitting stuff in online mode... that is all determined by the server. Your PS4 doesn't determine if you get a hit or not, the server does... so they don't need a patch to affect game play. The patches are for offline stuff, graphics, etc. 

9/30/2019 3:46PM PDT

Here's the thing guys, you don't need a patch to change the hitting stuff in online mode... that is all determined by the server. Your PS4 doesn't determine if you get a hit or not, the server does... so they don't need a patch to affect game play. The patches are for offline stuff, graphics, etc. 

Comment by sabometrics

Just to follow up... I sometimes get bad lag, and it will frequently occur just as you swing the bat and it is about to connect with the ball,,, this is when my ps4 is sending the swing info to the server and awaiting a response... so again, no patch on my end is needed to affect the outcome of the swing, this can all be done server side (instead of client side to use the proper terminology)... so while they acknowledge game play changes via patches it certainly does not mean they haven't tweaked things on the server without a patch. 

9/30/2019 3:52PM PDT

Comment by sabometrics

This is not accurate. Gameplay changes happen via patch only. 

9/30/2019 5:35PM PDT

Comment by SDS_Jax
9/30/2019 8:35PM EDT

Not true, SDS changes sliders daily without letting us know. That is like still sticking to no RNG and DDA in the game when we all Know it prevelant. 

9/30/2019 5:44PM PDT

Translation. The games still trash. ENJOY!!!!

Comment by tyrusthebull
9/30/2019 1:37PM MST

LOL. Not sure what to say.

9/30/2019 8:47PM PDT

Not true, SDS changes sliders daily without letting us know. That is like still sticking to no RNG and DDA in the game when we all Know it prevelant. 

Comment by yanksthebest
9/30/2019 7:44PM CDT

How come your posts aren't highlighted in blue?

9/30/2019 9:26PM PDT

I think people just overstated the change.  I for one did not see a big difference at all.  Now that I have got use to it a bit I am having better success, but that first day the patch dropped I noticed nothing.

9/30/2019 10:50PM PDT

Comment by SaveFarris

If anybody heard that in any voice besides Ron Howard's, they did it wrong.

9/30/2019 10:52PM PDT

Comment by SDS_Jax
10/1/2019 1:35AM BST

That’s actually really interesting, I also assumed that SDS had access to sliders, much the same as we set in our menus for offline play, that affected timing windows, pitch speeds and so on. In fact, had you asked me as a betting man to lay money on it, I’d have happily done so.

Now, I’m not so much of a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist that I’m going to sit here and say “I KNOW there are hidden sliders on the back end no matter what SDS_Jax says! Waaah!” What I will say, however, is that I play a heck of a lot of RS games every year. I’m usually consistently top 10-20 for volume of games played each year and while I would freely admit I’m not a great player, I’m an extremely experienced player.

The news that all gameplay adjustments are made via patch and there are, in fact, no sliders for online play is, as I said above, something of a revelation, as I had assumed that had to be the case. In light of your response, I would then conclude that the drastic - And they are drastic, this is hugely noticeable - variations in swing timing, pitch speeds, batted ball outcomes not matching up to swing feedback, bad fielding animations and so on from game to game are all caused by network latency. This is something that seriously needs to be addressed for future iterations of the show, as it makes for an inconsistent and frustrating experience with online play.

10/1/2019 12:09AM PDT

That’s actually really interesting, I also assumed that SDS had access to sliders, much the same as we set in our menus for offline play, that affected timing windows, pitch speeds and so on. In fact, had you asked me as a betting man to lay money on it, I’d have happily done so.

Now, I’m not so much of a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist that I’m going to sit here and say “I KNOW there are hidden sliders on the back end no matter what SDS_Jax says! Waaah!” What I will say, however, is that I play a heck of a lot of RS games every year. I’m usually consistently top 10-20 for volume of games played each year and while I would freely admit I’m not a great player, I’m an extremely experienced player.

The news that all gameplay adjustments are made via patch and there are, in fact, no sliders for online play is, as I said above, something of a revelation, as I had assumed that had to be the case. In light of your response, I would then conclude that the drastic - And they are drastic, this is hugely noticeable - variations in swing timing, pitch speeds, batted ball outcomes not matching up to swing feedback, bad fielding animations and so on from game to game are all caused by network latency. This is something that seriously needs to be addressed for future iterations of the show, as it makes for an inconsistent and frustrating experience with online play.

Comment by ComebackLogic
10/1/2019 2:09AM CDT

Network latency, RNG, simulation aspects of the game.  I think it all adds up to give us the inconsistent gameplay that you describe. 

At the end of the day, a video game company is never going to be 100% transparent. 

I think a lot of this has to do with keeping card statistics semi-normalized as well.

10/1/2019 3:40AM PDT