You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

There's this green bar at the top of my screen saying "Participate in MLB The Show research studies!", I signed up, and there's nothing on the website other than the information I had to enter to sign up. Anyone/devs know what this is about? 

9/23/2019 9:31PM PDT

There's this green bar at the top of my screen saying "Participate in MLB The Show research studies!", I signed up, and there's nothing on the website other than the information I had to enter to sign up. Anyone/devs know what this is about? 

Comment by ryansitko11
9/24/2019 12:31AM EDT

Yea.Expired after right? Got to confirm email through whatever service you use. Im.curious as well.

9/23/2019 9:42PM PDT

Comment by ryansitko11
9/23/2019 9:31PM PDT

My understanding is, by registering you are volunteering to be chosen for future research. 

Though I can see how that might not be clear at first glance - I will pass on that feedback to the research team.

9/23/2019 9:49PM PDT

My understanding is, by registering you are volunteering to be chosen for future research. 

Though I can see how that might not be clear at first glance - I will pass on that feedback to the research team.

Comment by Victor_SDS
9/24/2019 5:49AM BST

Is there a version for non US residents? I can’t sign up at that link due to living outside of the states.

9/24/2019 3:10AM PDT

Is there a version for non US residents? I can’t sign up at that link due to living outside of the states.

Comment by ComebackLogic
9/24/2019 8:10PM AEST

seconded

9/24/2019 3:51AM PDT

Comment by ComebackLogic
9/24/2019 3:10AM PDT

Following this as well.

9/24/2019 4:22AM PDT

Question for you out of country folks.

Are there other online games that you are able to participate in for either beta or early access?

My understanding is that there are .eu servers for many platforms and games. Perhaps because of the nature of whatever Sony is trying to do, research or test, it's using US based servers.

Not trying to stir the pot. It's an honest question.

I dabbled in Elite Dangerous for a while and recall the US servers being "behind" in many features for a while.

9/24/2019 4:50AM PDT

Are there other online games that you are able to participate in for either beta or early access?

My understanding is that there are .eu servers for many platforms and games. Perhaps because of the nature of whatever Sony is trying to do, research or test, it's using US based servers.

I dabbled in Elite Dangerous for a while and recall the US servers being "behind" in many features for a while.

Comment by hoboadam
9/24/2019 12:50PM BST

Yeah, we get access to betas and things like that via PS Store, but we get different products on the different store front ends from region to region. While I understand that MLB The Show has always been primarily targeted at audiences in North America and Canada, for obvious reasons, with the intent shown by MLB to expand globally via various methods - The London series this year being a prime example - It would be nice if the ROTW market could be included in COTW and sweepstakes etc. I’ve never touched the mode personally as it’s clearly not for non US residents. It states as much when you enter. Why, though? Why can I pay for the game, pay for stubs from the store, but not win stubs for participating in an in game contest? 

I play a lot of non-US teams in RS and BR, be that Asians, Europeans or Australians. It’s clearly a game with global appeal, based on a sport with global appeal. It would be nice if they made the effort to be mutually inclusive of all players, regardless of nationality, whenever practicality allows. While I understand that there may be laws and regulations regarding physical items, I’m sure SDS are legally allowed to award virtual items such as cards and stubs in their own game without consequence.

9/24/2019 5:00AM PDT

Comment by hoboadam
9/24/2019 4:50AM PDT

I participated in the open Alpha last year and I’m in Canada but I cannot sign up for this research thing

9/24/2019 6:33AM PDT

Yeah, we get access to betas and things like that via PS Store, but we get different products on the different store front ends from region to region. While I understand that MLB The Show has always been primarily targeted at audiences in North America and Canada, for obvious reasons, with the intent shown by MLB to expand globally via various methods - The London series this year being a prime example - It would be nice if the ROTW market could be included in COTW and sweepstakes etc. I’ve never touched the mode personally as it’s clearly not for non US residents. It states as much when you enter. Why, though? Why can I pay for the game, pay for stubs from the store, but not win stubs for participating in an in game contest? 

I play a lot of non-US teams in RS and BR, be that Asians, Europeans or Australians. It’s clearly a game with global appeal, based on a sport with global appeal. It would be nice if they made the effort to be mutually inclusive of all players, regardless of nationality, whenever practicality allows. While I understand that there may be laws and regulations regarding physical items, I’m sure SDS are legally allowed to award virtual items such as cards and stubs in their own game without consequence.

Comment by ComebackLogic
9/24/2019 5:00AM PDT

I understand your frustration, especially with COTW. However, this one is out of SDS's hands. As you mentioned, there are laws and regs regarding physical items, but that also pertains to anything given away with monetary value. Unfortunately that is how COTW is set up. I'm not sure if you're even allowed to go in there, but there is a lengthy set of rules you have to acknowledge prior to start. Those rules basically establish it as a sweepstakes. That's where the trouble starts. Those same rules on the physical items apply here. It is a crazy chain of red tape, from local and state laws, to US export laws, over to the reciepients import laws, to their local jurisdiction. I looked all this up a few years back and it is a convoluted mess. Would be nice if we had a lawyer in here to break it down, but that's what I got out of it.

9/24/2019 6:43AM PDT

How do I get the betas

11/1/2019 1:25PM PDT