You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Just stop posting kid. You are batting 0.00%

Comment by hoboadam
9/22/2019 6:36PM PDT

Kid?? I’m probably older than you are. Lol

9/22/2019 6:37PM PDT

I was actually referencing the wired vs. wireless argument. Lol

Comment by slipkid69
9/22/2019 8:36PM CDT

Me too.  I just added the last bit because I saw you said something about it earlier.  Not wanting to get into you guys' argument, but I definitely knew that to be true that that project in Arlington is and has for the past couple years created tons of jobs.

9/22/2019 6:40PM PDT

Kid?? I’m probably older than you are. Lol

Comment by slipkid69
9/22/2019 9:37PM EDT

Very doubtful. I'm 46 and my kids know more about response time on consoles than most people on the forums.

You've claimed that building a new stadium doesn't create local jobs, and you've criticised my statement about second generation dual shock controllers plugged in or Nancom $200 controllers having better response time over standard Bluetooth PS4 connection.

Go pick fights somewhere else.

9/22/2019 6:43PM PDT

Me too.  I just added the last bit because I saw you said something about it earlier.  Not wanting to get into you guys' argument, but I definitely knew that to be true that that project in Arlington is and has for the past couple years created tons of jobs.

Comment by ChuckCLC
9/22/2019 9:40PM EDT

And he thinks he's older than me too, yet picks fights on message boards over controller response times.

This guy would have been the life of the party in a 14.4k AOL chat room.

Developers must guarantee creation of local jobs to procure state funds. But wait, I don't w.t.f. I'm talking about because I'm using a placebo controller configuration.

9/22/2019 6:45PM PDT

Very doubtful. I'm 46 and my kids know more about response time on consoles than most people on the forums.

You've claimed that building a new stadium doesn't create local jobs, and you've criticised my statement about second generation dual shock controllers plugged in or Nancom $200 controllers having better response time over standard Bluetooth PS4 connection.

Go pick fights somewhere else.

Comment by hoboadam
9/22/2019 6:43PM PDT

Well actually I am older than you for whatever that’s worth.

The controller thing has been tested and the input lag numbers are better via Bluetooth on a DS4 controller but you know better.

And building stadiums may create some short term jobs, but the selling point that is pushed about huge long term economic booms in the area just aren’t true.

9/22/2019 6:50PM PDT

I'm already imagining how bad the stadium lag will be once it's out 😂

9/22/2019 7:02PM PDT

Comment by mitchhammond24
9/22/2019 9:02PM CDT

Lol, hopefully not. This is the first year we had that problem. And I honestly havent noticed it, I just take every ones word and avoid MLB parks.

9/22/2019 7:21PM PDT

Comment by mitchhammond24
9/22/2019 10:02PM EDT

Off topic and honest question for you Mitch.

Have you played a lot of the moments? Do you see lag there?

9/22/2019 7:23PM PDT

Lol, hopefully not. This is the first year we had that problem. And I honestly havent noticed it, I just take every ones word and avoid MLB parks.

Comment by ChuckCLC
9/22/2019 10:21PM EDT

I've weighed in before on this. I think camera view has more to do with the lag than anything. When using minor league parks and common camera views, I can see the argument against MLB stadiums; however, like yourself, I'm unaffected by it. Crappy opponent internet creates the lag in MLB stadiums in everything that I have witnessed myself playing online as much as I have this year.

I played an event game about 2 weeks ago against a guy in ShitPit that selected night and rain. Felt like I was using a dial up connection.

9/22/2019 7:26PM PDT

I live in Metro Atlanta and from what I heard, it was going to cost more to get Turner Field back up to code than the stadium was even worth. I believe they had a 20 year contract when it was built for the 96 Olympics and it was coming to an end. The new stadium is also in a much higher end area because issues with ticket scalpers and private vendors was getting worse every year.

9/23/2019 9:28AM PDT

I live in Metro Atlanta and from what I heard, it was going to cost more to get Turner Field back up to code than the stadium was even worth. I believe they had a 20 year contract when it was built for the 96 Olympics and it was coming to an end. The new stadium is also in a much higher end area because issues with ticket scalpers and private vendors was getting worse every year.

Comment by turtleopolis
9/23/2019 9:28AM PDT

I stopped by Turner Field when I went to Atlanta last July and it looks run down and like it hasn't been power washed since the Braves left. They also really need to do something with the area and markers of Aaron's HR in the parking lot that was Fulton County Stadium. It's sad to see the site of one of the most important and iconic moments in not just baseball but sports history looking that way. 

And I agree... Suntrust is an AMAZING venue. Much nicer than what it appears on TV. 

9/23/2019 9:56AM PDT

Seriously, why?  I’ve never been to their stadium but on tv it looks like it’s still basically a modern stadium.  This and the Braves new stadium make me sick.  Hundreds of millions in public money for both im sure, to replace stadiums built in the 90s. 

Comment by Dino-might_not
9/23/2019 7:11AM JST

Because most fields are owned by corporations whose pockets run deep while they *** on the taxpayer that subsidizes these sports complexes. Heck, they can't even name the field or stadium anymore without a corporation name. It used to be the city name of the park/field/stadium. You can also fault the fans that pay the outrageous ticket prices and buy the overpriced merchandise that help continue this ludicrous cycle of overpaid athletes and insane wealth by players and owners.

9/23/2019 10:17AM PDT

Seriously, why?  I’ve never been to their stadium but on tv it looks like it’s still basically a modern stadium.  This and the Braves new stadium make me sick.  Hundreds of millions in public money for both im sure, to replace stadiums built in the 90s. 

Comment by Dino-might_not
9/22/2019 3:11PM PDT

well, if you have ever been to the braves old stadium you would understand why they built a new one. first of all they didn't even own it, second it was kinda run down. yes it costs a ton to build these but they end of making much more profit than they are worth, creating job opportunities and making a section of Atlanta nicer. you cant really complain about something like this unless they already have a nice stadium.

9/23/2019 12:07PM PDT

and making a section of Atlanta nicer. obscenely congested with traffic.

FIFY.

The reason Turner was "worn down" is because they stopped investing in park maintenance with full knowledge that the ultimate goal was to move to the suburbs.  Where the season ticket holder base lived.

9/23/2019 1:16PM PDT

well, if you have ever been to the braves old stadium you would understand why they built a new one. first of all they didn't even own it, second it was kinda run down. yes it costs a ton to build these but they end of making much more profit than they are worth, creating job opportunities and making a section of Atlanta nicer. you cant really complain about something like this unless they already have a nice stadium.

Comment by AdmiralBob95
9/23/2019 12:07PM PDT

They make profits using public money, but the profits go directly to ownership.  Until teams that use public money to build a new stadium start giving the residents of that city a dividend of some kind as repayment, I’ll be whole heartedly against it.  Sports teams are private businesses, and they should only be able to have the stadium their business earnings allow them to have.  They have no business demanding money from cities for what’s essentially a big party house, where all profits are privately kept. 

9/23/2019 3:41PM PDT