You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
52 1371 Active about 2 months ago

Joe Carter is Eric Hosmer with more speed, power, RBInand the ability play the OF. These dudes aren't similar at all

Comment by Maverick31762
9/24/2019 1:39AM PDT

I never said they played the same way. I said that their post season play outweighs the rest of their body of work.

Both have a similar WAR - 15 for Hosmer, 17 for Carter (approximate). Hosmer has a higher BA and OBP and is by far the superior defender. Both were way overvalued by their fan bases - again I'm a Royals fan. Both had big time postseasons that carried their teams to championships.

If you're looking for a similar comp to Joe Carter - look at Jermaine Dye.

9/24/2019 7:26AM PDT

I never said they played the same way. I said that their post season play outweighs the rest of their body of work.

Both have a similar WAR - 15 for Hosmer, 17 for Carter (approximate). Hosmer has a higher BA and OBP and is by far the superior defender. Both were way overvalued by their fan bases - again I'm a Royals fan. Both had big time postseasons that carried their teams to championships.

If you're looking for a similar comp to Joe Carter - look at Jermaine Dye.

Comment by tonyc149
9/24/2019 7:26AM PDT

I think that Carter is actually underrated and Hosmer overrated. I think Dye is similar but Carter has better speed and was more clutch. Dye had a better arm and a better defender. 

I think everybody is sleeping in Joe Carter. 

9/24/2019 1:46PM PDT