You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

How the HELL! do you score 11 runs to beat the Padres in the extreme moment?

9/21/2019 1:15PM PDT

If you struggle with this, wait til you do the Kenley and last game missions

9/21/2019 1:16PM PDT

the advice everyone can give you is to build your lineup specifically for that moment. I forget who pitches and at what point of the lineup you start. but work with that in mind. Also, avoid swinging at anything that isn't a meatball until there's two strikes

9/21/2019 1:27PM PDT

This was one of the easier ones

9/21/2019 1:36PM PDT

This was one of the easier ones

Comment by DriveByTrucker17
9/21/2019 4:36PM EDT

Well lucky you..I keep losing 12-11

9/21/2019 1:42PM PDT

Try to score at least 5 runs in the top of the 7th, if not restart and try until you do. I assembled every type of lineup possible, all leftys, speed guys, on and on. When I finally got it I was using my normal team. So I would say use players you are comfortable with, don't worry about the matchups 

Also, try to work the count, take a lot of pitches. Don't be afraid to take strikes on the corners, try to wait for the right pitch. Easier said then done I guess. Make sure to use your best relievers, I forget if the SP is still in the game or not for this moment, but make sure to get the SP out right away, go with your trusted guys.

This mission was a pain, 3rd worst behind the final 9 inning game and Kenley. But if I can do it you can, try not to get frustrated with it, maybe stream a game on a tablet or something so you mind is focused completely on the mission. That sorta helped me.

9/21/2019 2:56PM PDT

Every time I get within two runs the CPU will not let me get a hit, let alone score.  Meatballs down the middle smashed with SS players are routine fly balls or grounders somehow.  It's maddening.  I've beat all the others but this one is insane.

9/21/2019 3:12PM PDT

Take lots of pitches. Be patient and don't swing unless you have 2 strikes 

9/21/2019 3:28PM PDT

Luck.  

just plain old luck is how I won. After tying the game, I couldn't push across a run. Top of the 16th, two quick outs, and I have nobody to PH for Trevor Hoffman, I go the other way and get a lucky bloop hit. Then Alomar gets me a line-drive single (LOVE that card). Mays gets me a slicing double down the RF corner and Hoffman, with his 17 speed (!!) scores from 2nd and I close out the bottom half of the inning for the W

Moral: just don't give up. Keep plugging away, trust your players that you can smack the ball in strategic spots

GOOD LUCK!!

9/21/2019 3:55PM PDT

Being patient is the key, like jrepyr said take two strikes before swinging with every batter. You will need to lay off or foul off some tough pitches. The CPU will eventually leave a pitch over the middle of the plate. 

I stacked my line up with eighty killers, had 4 rightys and a lefty on my bench for pinch hitting later in the game. picked up George Brett and Lou Brock, both came up huge for me.

9/21/2019 3:59PM PDT

Yup. You have to sit on meatballs and don't swing at non-meatballs. And then, of course, just keep trying until you get lucky. I tried like a hundred times, then one morning all my hits kept dropping and I was up 13-12 in the seventh inning. Hang in there.

9/22/2019 7:04AM PDT

I gave up on this one for now.  I'll go back to it eventually because I want that Edmonds.  I can get a good amount of runs off of the first pitcher but as soon as they switch pitchers, my hits stop.  Everything is a lineout, popup or just hit right to a defender.  I can't get hardly any runs in the last two innings.

9/22/2019 8:19AM PDT

This was by far the hardest. Just stick with it, if you don't score a bunch in the 7th, restart.

9/22/2019 11:13AM PDT

Lol i wish i could exchange this mission for kenley Jansen one. I'm trying to beat him 4 days ago and nothing

9/22/2019 11:22AM PDT

Tried this mission probably 25-30 times a day over the weekend and finally got it a few hours ago. I would suggest using your regular squad as you know them best.  But I would like to ask if either the SS Rosales or RF Renfrow won gold gloves in 2016 because the sheer volume of sports center type plays they made were absolutely amazing. I just had to pause and laugh out loud at a few while others I looked at the replays wondering how it was even possible.

Make sure you’re not afraid to use your bullpen. Load it up and don’t give anything up. Every run is precious. I didn’t prescribe to the “wait until 2 strikes” method, but I made sure it was a meatball. Was down three in the 8th with runners on the corners and 2 outs and Morrow walked Hornsby to load them up. They brought in Buchter to face Snider (they already used Hand vs Giambi/Muncy/Carp) and threw a first pitch hanging slider and Snider smoked it over right center fence. Rode Romo the last 2 innings for the W!

you can do it!

i just wouldn’t try it more than 20-30 times a day. I rarely get frustrated by this game (it’s entertainment for me) but I could feel myself starting to get pissed and just stopped trying and moved on to grabbing some event wins (still need 5 more-got 5 Friday night, 5 Saturday night and will try again tonight).

I’m glad I still have all of the Sig Teams to complete so the Miller moments don’t drive me crazy!!

Looking forward to Quashtags player, hoping it’s a Giant (Will Clark or Juan Marichal but honestly I would die if it was Mel Ott or Tim Lincecum-I know there is virtually no chance) but I have a feeling it may either be Jimmie Foxx or Vida Blue (Although Blue May be a reach). 

9/22/2019 2:08PM PDT

Finally beat it,  the only difference was they brought in the righty reliever instead of Buchter.   It's all luck I think,  just try to score 6 by the end of the 7th.

9/22/2019 3:22PM PDT

I did it! I finally did it..took me 13 innings but I did it..I used mostly switch hitters..like you Zach got lucky with righty relievers..no brad hand thank god

9/22/2019 5:41PM PDT

If you got to stats, and look at the Padres pitchers, most of them are fake juiced off the f_ucking map.  Bronze Rodney, for example, has diamond stats.   I got to 10 or 11 runs easy most times, but that last 1 or 2 runs was always the hard part. 12-10 in the 6th, still the same in the 9th.  These moments are beyond fixed.   Seriously.   I did it, but SDS just makes you burn up the maximum amount of time that their algorithm says you will spend before smashing your controller into 10,000 pieces and quitting the game forever.

9/23/2019 1:07AM PDT

Yeah, I had an easy enough time scoring runs early, but once Brad Hand entered the game, it was hard to get anything going.

9/23/2019 8:28AM PDT

Tried this mission probably 25-30 times a day over the weekend and finally got it a few hours ago. I would suggest using your regular squad as you know them best.  But I would like to ask if either the SS Rosales or RF Renfrow won gold gloves in 2016 because the sheer volume of sports center type plays they made were absolutely amazing. I just had to pause and laugh out loud at a few while others I looked at the replays wondering how it was even possible.

Make sure you’re not afraid to use your bullpen. Load it up and don’t give anything up. Every run is precious. I didn’t prescribe to the “wait until 2 strikes” method, but I made sure it was a meatball. Was down three in the 8th with runners on the corners and 2 outs and Morrow walked Hornsby to load them up. They brought in Buchter to face Snider (they already used Hand vs Giambi/Muncy/Carp) and threw a first pitch hanging slider and Snider smoked it over right center fence. Rode Romo the last 2 innings for the W!

you can do it!

i just wouldn’t try it more than 20-30 times a day. I rarely get frustrated by this game (it’s entertainment for me) but I could feel myself starting to get pissed and just stopped trying and moved on to grabbing some event wins (still need 5 more-got 5 Friday night, 5 Saturday night and will try again tonight).

I’m glad I still have all of the Sig Teams to complete so the Miller moments don’t drive me crazy!!

Looking forward to Quashtags player, hoping it’s a Giant (Will Clark or Juan Marichal but honestly I would die if it was Mel Ott or Tim Lincecum-I know there is virtually no chance) but I have a feeling it may either be Jimmie Foxx or Vida Blue (Although Blue May be a reach). 

Comment by BIGHOOV2713
9/22/2019 2:08PM PDT

Remembered you saying something about their plays on defense. I'm just getting around to this moment now, Kemp climbed the wall to rob me of a 3R HR, got the sacfly, but ultimately I lost 12-11, so those 2 runs hurt.

9/25/2019 9:25AM PDT