You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Last year, I felt the power in my hands, 7/10 times I could slam a 105-115 mph ball into the stands and feel confident going up to the plate knowing I could do something with every card or even my rtts player. This year it seems as if I can only get a home run with anyone that has a one handed swing like Jose Bautista and even that’s rare. Everything is soft now and seems as though the life has been sucked out of the baseball. Super disappointing, and makes everything seem scripted and harder than it should be.

6/18/2019 12:11AM PDT

Yeah hitting feels like crap, I miss the 15, 16 DD days . I dont understand why they messed with it. Currently it feels like balls I should be destroying are deep flies rundown by the insaley fast OF or line outs. The balls I miss end up dropping for hits. The OF having less range would solve alot of issues i feel like , unless the ball hits off the wall its probably getting rundown in the gap

6/18/2019 12:16AM PDT

Yeah hitting feels like crap, I miss the 15, 16 DD days . I dont understand why they messed with it. Currently it feels like balls I should be destroying are deep flies rundown by the insaley fast OF or line outs. The balls I miss end up dropping for hits. The OF having less range would solve alot of issues i feel like , unless the ball hits off the wall its probably getting rundown in the gap

Comment by TiKi_L1ON
6/18/2019 12:16AM PDT

Even when I square up power swing up and in, away, or down the middle with anyone that doesn’t have a one handed swing, it 9/10 goes about 100 mph or less in the gap or right to someone. The lift and smash to balls is gone now.

6/18/2019 12:23AM PDT

Anyone else mis mlb 

6/18/2019 12:39AM PDT

Don't miss it at all, as I typically hit one or two in each 9-inning game.  Occasionally, I'll be fortunate to face some absymal pitching in a hitter-friendly park and will then hit as many as eight home runs in a single game.

I'm not sure what the "secret" to hitting in the game is for certain, but I think that it might have to do with adjusting my style as the game develops, practicing to work on my swing types, etc... rather than wishing that the game would adjust to me or to the one style I developed a few years ago, insisting that it's "wrong" or "nerfed" as the ever-increasing and ever-improving realism makes all aspects of expert play a bit more difficult, but also infinitely more enjoyable.

In other words, hit the cage... certainly much better for your batting prowess than posting on this forum. :P

6/18/2019 1:05AM PDT

The power is fine , when the game released it was poop. Now it’s a happy medium , the hitting feels real good right now. Just my opinion 

6/18/2019 2:35AM PDT

The power is fine , when the game released it was poop. Now it’s a happy medium , the hitting feels real good right now. Just my opinion 

Comment by Demicco2
6/18/2019 5:35AM EDT

I agree.

18 was RBI baseball with better graphics.

Don't miss mindless bombs being hit by players that should never hit one every game...

6/18/2019 3:57AM PDT

Don't miss it at all, as I typically hit one or two in each 9-inning game.  Occasionally, I'll be fortunate to face some absymal pitching in a hitter-friendly park and will then hit as many as eight home runs in a single game.

I'm not sure what the "secret" to hitting in the game is for certain, but I think that it might have to do with adjusting my style as the game develops, practicing to work on my swing types, etc... rather than wishing that the game would adjust to me or to the one style I developed a few years ago, insisting that it's "wrong" or "nerfed" as the ever-increasing and ever-improving realism makes all aspects of expert play a bit more difficult, but also infinitely more enjoyable.

In other words, hit the cage... certainly much better for your batting prowess than posting on this forum. :P

Comment by Onyx_Hokie_2
6/18/2019 3:05AM CDT

Idk where you get this "hit the cage I know all attitude" but Im looking at your last five online games and the stats are 0 R, 4 H, 1 R 8 H, 3 R 3H, 1 R 3 H, 2 R 4 H.

Maybe you should heed your own advice? Not trying to be a douche but you came off like we were below you for discussing the game... I see that you play a lot of play vs CPU and I suspect you play a lot on lower difficulties where its pretty easy to hit a Tater almost every AB. I believe mysef and OP are discussing about the game on HOF and Legend difficulties. Anything below that is pretty easy to drop bombs for me. 

6/18/2019 4:13AM PDT

Some rare games I mash some I don’t. Lately I ve at least been able to hit per game. 

6/18/2019 4:16AM PDT

I think everyone can agree when the game first came out power was super nerfed . Now every game I play at least has one HR between both teams, and most times at least 2-4. 

6/18/2019 4:27AM PDT

I hit homers..especially with Josh 🔔 

6/18/2019 5:15AM PDT

Power is at a better place now than 18 ever was. In 18 it was homerun or nothing at least this year we see more hit variations.

6/18/2019 5:20AM PDT

In the era of juice baseballs and steroid era HR numbers....we have a dead ball era on HOF and above.  Thanks imaginary HR per 9 that makes every ball nolan or kershaw weigh 5 lbs extra

6/18/2019 5:21AM PDT

If you miss homers, play BR. It is a derby. 

6/18/2019 5:41AM PDT

Yea BR is HR derby no doubt. In '18 what I often see neglected is the amount of choppers you would hit to the catcher. It was either a HR or chopper. At least that's what my memory tells me. I f'n hated '18 and I'm thoroughly enjoying 19

I'm able to hit a solid amount on HR's...but I have a really good team. I label myself as an above average player.

6/18/2019 5:44AM PDT

BR is because youre playing bad pitchers on all star lol HOF needs a power bump slightly...IRL power numbers are up and DD should be even more considering youre running out teams loaded with 110 power guys vs MLB teams that are stacked with 60 power guys unless youre the yankees...with the occasional big beatstick with 90+ sprinkled in each lineup

6/18/2019 6:02AM PDT

In the era of juice baseballs and steroid era HR numbers....we have a dead ball era on HOF and above.  Thanks imaginary HR per 9 that makes every ball nolan or kershaw weigh 5 lbs extra

Comment by greenbuk75
6/18/2019 7:21AM CDT

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

Power is at a better place now than 18 ever was. In 18 it was homerun or nothing at least this year we see more hit variations.

Comment by STI1489
6/18/2019 8:20AM EDT

Yup.  I stopped playing 18 because it was essentially who hit more home runs.  At least this year I can score in various ways.  Maybe I'm just old school and enjoy the art of manufacturing runs as much as putting one over the wall.

Comment by Onyx_Hokie_2
6/18/2019 1:05AM PDT

Lmaoooo. Chill with all your passive aggressiveness. I’ve made championship series every year, for the past three years and am currently 11-2 in ranked seasons. I’m not horrible at the game and last year won 90-100 games online and lost 40-50. I simply have a problem with lack of power, I never said i dont hit the ball well, big difference 🤨.

6/18/2019 7:16AM PDT

I feel like hitting in Franchise mode is even worse. The game is built around DD which has guys with 110 power... so dudes in Franchise have zero chance at hitting HRs.

I understand that I'm the crap a** Orioles... but there is no reason on HOF that my team should be leading the league in Batting Average but be dead last in HRs. Davis is the only one who has a chance and that is cus he has a high Power Vs Righties. Even Trey Mancini struggles getting them out. Most of his just fizzle out or are complete missles directly at the CF'er.

Doesn't make me hate the game... just frustrating. 

6/18/2019 7:16AM PDT

Honestly since the last patch, hitting finally feels good all around. There’s a great balance of power and contact imo

6/18/2019 7:26AM PDT

Honestly since the last patch, hitting finally feels good all around. There’s a great balance of power and contact imo

Comment by Therealest_JB
6/18/2019 7:26AM PDT

There would be if HR/9 wasn’t a thing. Sick of squaring up hangers with guys like Frank Thomas vs Kershaw and they end up easy outs on the warming track 9/10 times 

6/18/2019 7:29AM PDT

BR is because youre playing bad pitchers on all star lol HOF needs a power bump slightly...IRL power numbers are up and DD should be even more considering youre running out teams loaded with 110 power guys vs MLB teams that are stacked with 60 power guys unless youre the yankees...with the occasional big beatstick with 90+ sprinkled in each lineup

Comment by greenbuk75

It's not just "bad pitchers on All Star." I think most importantly it's "pitchers who come in with 50% energy." Compare a gold/diamond pitcher in BR or events to the same pitcher ina RS game on All Star. The difference is quite large.

6/18/2019 7:35AM PDT

There would be if HR/9 wasn’t a thing. Sick of squaring up hangers with guys like Frank Thomas vs Kershaw and they end up easy outs on the warming track 9/10 times 

Comment by lReversaL-
6/18/2019 9:29AM CDT

I feel like if the batter has higher power than the pitchers HR/9 then it should cancel it out or something. I dont know how the game mechanics actually factor that currently. But I do think the HR/9 is neccessary to give the player info on the pitcher, it does just seem a little OP if it really is the cause. How sure are you that it is the deciding factor?

6/18/2019 7:39AM PDT

I feel like if the batter has higher power than the pitchers HR/9 then it should cancel it out or something. I dont know how the game mechanics actually factor that currently. But I do think the HR/9 is neccessary to give the player info on the pitcher, it does just seem a little OP if it really is the cause. How sure are you that it is the deciding factor?

Comment by TiKi_L1ON
6/18/2019 7:39AM PDT

It’s been a huge factor since the game came out and it was always a sim only stat in the past. The stat is moronic and has no place being in an online game setting. Once the ball leaves the pitchers hands that’s it there’s no magical voodoo that stops balls from being hit as hard and far as they should. It’s not necessary for it to have an effect on the game online at all just like it never was previously 

6/18/2019 7:42AM PDT