You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I think hes making like 1/20th of what goldschmidt is making and is statistically better

6/16/2019 8:26PM PDT

i love that we traded an all-star first baseman for a pitcher no longer on our roster. not super worried tho, i have no doubt goldy will go back to goldy sooner rather than later

6/16/2019 8:30PM PDT

I’m rootin for him.  Hard not to.  Hope I didn’t start some toxic thread type with my Paul DeJong one from earlier.  And to be fair Giovanny Gallegos has been a weapon for us over the last month.  Plus, I don’t think Voit has the kind of success in STL that he has in NY.

6/16/2019 8:38PM PDT

It’s a funny game sometimes. Like dynnk said above, you’ve gotta wonder if he would have had anywhere near that success if he stayed in STL. Sometimes a change of scenery is just what a player needs. Wish the kid nothing but the best!

6/16/2019 8:55PM PDT

I’m rootin for him.  Hard not to.  Hope I didn’t start some toxic thread type with my Paul DeJong one from earlier.  And to be fair Giovanny Gallegos has been a weapon for us over the last month.  Plus, I don’t think Voit has the kind of success in STL that he has in NY.

Comment by dynnk
6/16/2019 8:38PM PDT

wasnt trying to make fun haha just genuinely curious 

6/16/2019 9:23PM PDT

And how many players have the Yankees grossly overpaid for? With the amount of money the Yankees throw around you would think they could win more World Series.

6/16/2019 10:06PM PDT

And how many players have the Yankees grossly overpaid for? With the amount of money the Yankees throw around you would think they could win more World Series.

Comment by tybud
6/16/2019 10:06PM PDT

On the current roster? Just ellsbury

Look at your own roster loaded with bloated old guys if you want to point the finger of mediocrity anywhere

6/16/2019 10:07PM PDT

LOL. I fully admit the Giants roster is garbage right now, just thought a Yankees fan talking about over priced players was hilarious.  Did you see me create a thread on this or something?

6/16/2019 10:20PM PDT

LOL. I fully admit the Giants roster is garbage right now, just thought a Yankees fan talking about over priced players was hilarious.  Did you see me create a thread on this or something?

Comment by tybud

Well most of the team is homegrown if you want to look at bill throwing turn to Boston and LA

6/16/2019 10:21PM PDT

Comment by tybud

I wasnt talking about goldy i was talking about luke... comparing the 2. And the only big ticket guys on the yankees are stanton chapman and ellsbury, who aint even playing lol 

6/16/2019 10:23PM PDT

Well most of the team is homegrown if you want to look at bill throwing turn to Boston and LA

Comment by greenbuk75
6/16/2019 10:21PM PDT

So the Yankees have never done that? 

6/16/2019 10:23PM PDT

Comment by tybud

Lmao yeah I’m a giants fan too. We love to sign players after their prime appearently😂 McCutchen, Longoria, Melancon, Marlon Byrd a while back, and now our own stars in Crawford posey and bum are getting up there as well. 

Gonna be a while before we’re back in the running lol. Bart and Aramis Garcia are promising though and I loved that we got a power hitting outfielder in the draft finally 

6/16/2019 10:25PM PDT

Our pitching is bad and bats are too inconsistent. If Carpenter and Goldy figure it out and we get some starting pitching, we can be okay.

6/17/2019 12:57PM PDT

i love that we traded an all-star first baseman for a pitcher no longer on our roster. not super worried tho, i have no doubt goldy will go back to goldy sooner rather than later

Comment by prospect18001
6/16/2019 10:30PM CDT

I'm guessing you don't pay close attention. Kelly and Weaver have each put up more WAR than Goldschmidt this season and Dbacks got 11 YEARS OF THEM PRE-ARB for one year of Goldschmidt in which he was owed $15M. Incredible deal for Dbacks.

6/17/2019 1:02PM PDT

It’s a funny game sometimes. Like dynnk said above, you’ve gotta wonder if he would have had anywhere near that success if he stayed in STL. Sometimes a change of scenery is just what a player needs. Wish the kid nothing but the best!

Comment by NWBearcat29
6/16/2019 8:55PM PDT

Yeah no kidding... Look at Yelich

Marlins - 59 HRs in almost 3K ABs

Brewers - 60 HRs in 700+ ABs. 

Best hitter in the NL since last year and he's a Buck70 wet

The fact that the Birds are only 3.5 GB is mind boggling. Outside DeJong (Having a decent year)....Ozuna, Carpenter, and Goldy are all struggling. This is a good thing.....These bats have the ability to heat up. Carpenter's July last year was awesome.

6/17/2019 1:16PM PDT

The fact that the Birds are only 3.5 GB is mind boggling. Outside DeJong (Having a decent year)....Ozuna, Carpenter, and Goldy are all struggling. This is a good thing.....These bats have the ability to heat up. Carpenter's July last year was awesome.

Comment by AshbySB
6/17/2019 3:16PM CDT

I would say Ozuna is right where he needs to be numbers wise.

6/17/2019 1:18PM PDT

I would say Ozuna is right where he needs to be numbers wise.

Comment by dynnk
6/17/2019 1:18PM PDT

For being in the cleanup spot HR and RBIs sure........249. avg Meh.

6/17/2019 1:20PM PDT

dynnk.....I honestly would try and move Ozuna for what they can regardless of falling out of contention. He will be a top 5 FA next year...... He wont resign. Start the Tyler O'Neill expiriment. We know he can mash.

6/17/2019 1:30PM PDT

Let's talk about where Voit went in Fantasy drafts in relation to Goldy...LOL.

6/17/2019 5:47PM PDT

dynnk.....I honestly would try and move Ozuna for what they can regardless of falling out of contention. He will be a top 5 FA next year...... He wont resign. Start the Tyler O'Neill expiriment. We know he can mash.

Comment by AshbySB
6/17/2019 3:30PM CDT

We wont trade Ozuna if we are winning.  I say we ride it out.  Let Ozuna and Wacha walk, and then sign JD Martinez.  But this is wishful thinking.

6/17/2019 6:15PM PDT

I'm guessing you don't pay close attention. Kelly and Weaver have each put up more WAR than Goldschmidt this season and Dbacks got 11 YEARS OF THEM PRE-ARB for one year of Goldschmidt in which he was owed $15M. Incredible deal for Dbacks.

Comment by amznmoviervws

i think you misinterpreted what i said homie, i’m talking about when we traded voit for shreve

6/17/2019 6:59PM PDT

Lmao yeah I’m a giants fan too. We love to sign players after their prime appearently😂 McCutchen, Longoria, Melancon, Marlon Byrd a while back, and now our own stars in Crawford posey and bum are getting up there as well. 

Gonna be a while before we’re back in the running lol. Bart and Aramis Garcia are promising though and I loved that we got a power hitting outfielder in the draft finally 

Comment by WillTheThrill_7
6/16/2019 10:25PM PDT

Yastremzki or however it's spelled is another gem imo

6/17/2019 7:30PM PDT

It’s all on management. Look at the players they have traded away not just Voit. Pham, Grichuk, Kelly, Weaver, Marco Gonzales that’s just off the top of my head. St. Louis will never be relevant  until Mozeliak and company are gone and real baseball people are put in place. 

6/17/2019 8:37PM PDT

Comment by amznmoviervws

Let’s reverse the situation. If someone told you they would trade Goldy (second best hitter in baseball behind Trout the last 5 years) to you for Carson Kelly and Luke Weaver.....would you do it?? I think most people would. Goldy will be fine. 

Kelly was never gonna see playing time here. I’d still take Yadi over most catchers in the league. Weaver showed flashes but that’s all. Anytime you trade young players it’s a gamble but Goldy is not a gamble.

To the gent that doesn’t care for Mo, I can understand the frustration. It came out last year that Sherzer wanted to play in his hometown but Mo didn’t offer him a contract....Or if he did, it wasn’t enough. That’s mind boggling to me. Max is the type of pitcher that you open up the checkbook and hand him the pen!!

6/17/2019 10:56PM PDT