You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I know I'm taking either Snider or Gwynn here in 1 level.  Can anyone make an argument to take Snider over Gwynn.  My only rational is that I really hit well with Snider in 18.

5/19/2019 4:49PM PDT

Depends on you biggest team needs.  I took Duke becuase I really lacked LH power. and he is also pretty decent on defense.  Gwynn does not have dukes power, but for someone like me who already had Ichiro and Lofton, Duke just made more sense...

5/19/2019 4:55PM PDT

I’ve heard good things about snider offensively. But Gwynn for me will never leave my lineup and is a stud in the outfield 

5/19/2019 4:56PM PDT

Gwynn has no power....good single and steal player which you need atleast one in your lineup.  He can hit the gaps for me but great fielder. Just depends if your need good offense-good defense player.....or a speed offense-great defense player. Each team is different. I tend to play two speedsters, one balance, rest power hitters. Just wish double steals werent broke as a chandelier hitting cement floor

5/19/2019 5:11PM PDT

It probably depends on how the rest of your lineup looks, and who you plan on taking in the 3rd inning program.  I took Snider my first time around and I haven't regretted it.  I also just got Gwynn yesterday.  For me it was all about the power.  I already had Ichiro and Reyes when I first got to that pack, so I didn't think another leadoff type guy was crucial.  Snider still has the most power in my lineup, although I have Trout and AL East Bautista on the bench.  My lineup is below.

1) Ichiro CF    2)  Reyes SS    3) Gwynn RF    4) Betts 2B    5)  Boggs 3B     6) Kendall / Posada C    7) Snider LF    8) Mattingly 1B

Having the 3 speedsters at the top has been nice.  I don't steal a lot, but it does seem to get me better pitches and counts with guys pitching out.  For the 3rd inning program I'll probably go with Alomar first, but if I end up getting Henderson from the market I'm going to have a problem.  The outfield is already a huge logjam this year.

5/19/2019 6:10PM PDT

I know I'm taking either Snider or Gwynn here in 1 level.  Can anyone make an argument to take Snider over Gwynn.  My only rational is that I really hit well with Snider in 18.

Comment by Bears102385
5/19/2019 4:49PM PDT

Depends on what you need and where you play at.  All star Duke is more valuable imo due to his power.  Once you get to DS and above Gwynn is the best option.  Now, they could come out with a patch that helps power at the HOF and Legend levels but that is up to you.  Gwynn is the safest pick.

5/19/2019 6:49PM PDT

I was a HUGE fan of Snider in '18, so I took him over Gwynn.  He has done fine. No complaints.  However, Gwynn just rakes against me.  I don't think there is a wrong choice, but Gwynn is more the META this year. 

5/19/2019 10:47PM PDT

I took Snider over Gwynn and have no regrets. He's unreal. 

5/20/2019 12:30AM PDT

Snider.

After about twenty games here's my quick review:

Outstanding range. He covers A TON of ground in CF and sprints easily to balls in the gap. It seems like EVERY running catch he makes, has yet to drop one.

Solid arm. Solid Speed on the base paths

His power at the plate is noticeable, huge PCI and patience at the plate pays off with him (easy check swings & fouls off pitches out of the zone to stay alive)

NO NEGATIVES (in my short experience)

I have the 88 Gwynn and he is a cool budget replacement until I get the SS on my next 99 pick

5/20/2019 3:09AM PDT

Thank you everyone.  I went with Snider because of the power. Lofton can be my speed guy until I get Gwynn to replace him later on.

5/20/2019 3:43AM PDT