You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I think pure analog with stride requires as much skill as zone, analog flick is easier but it’s still no directional where you just press a button, as you have to aim for the location of the pitch when swinging, or you’ll simply miss.

5/19/2019 8:30AM PDT

I think pure analog with stride requires as much skill as zone, analog flick is easier but it’s still no directional where you just press a button, as you have to aim for the location of the pitch when swinging, or you’ll simply miss.

Comment by ComebackLogic

Have to aim for location with pure analog?

5/19/2019 8:39AM PDT

So you were a good hitter with zone and now a good hitter with analog. ok. 

Now lets see how you do in RS on hof with analog.  might be a different story.  

5/19/2019 8:49AM PDT

Comment by ComebackLogic

You have to aim for location directional? 

Not really tho... you aim where you wanna hit the ball. On directional you aim up and in it means you wanna pull the ball and power ++ with the cost of contact. 

You aim down and away you try to make contact and hit opposite field with the cost of power. 

5/19/2019 9:22AM PDT

You have to aim for location directional? 

Not really tho... you aim where you wanna hit the ball. On directional you aim up and in it means you wanna pull the ball and power ++ with the cost of contact. 

You aim down and away you try to make contact and hit opposite field with the cost of power. 

Comment by flamexJD20
5/19/2019 9:22AM PDT

I love people who think directional is as simple as hittinga button. I move my stick more in directional then I do using zone lol

5/19/2019 9:46AM PDT

I dont think dir3ctional is just pressing a button. I use it sometimes too... Honestly i use it more often this year. My eyes are not getting better in my mid thirties. The PCI is more like a distraction to me than helpful. 

If you hold up and in on an inside pitch you are definitely pulling the ball and if your timing is right you have a good chance to hit a bomb. 

I've read and learned if you actually hold down you  increase your chances of making contact but decrease the power of your bat and hit it on the ground. 

If you hold your stick up on a low pitch you will lift it in the air with power but you lower your chances of making contact at all. 

5/19/2019 9:56AM PDT

How about zone with analog stride? My preferred style!

5/19/2019 10:08AM PDT

Events is not a good place to test and compare, like someone else mentioned try in RS  even Allstar RS Is way different than events. Then try on HOF and Legend

5/19/2019 11:15AM PDT

Have to aim for location with pure analog?

Comment by dpalm874810
5/19/2019 8:39AM PDT

Yeah, with analog you have control of the PCI location, unlike directional which is based on timing.

5/19/2019 2:06PM PDT

Yeah, with analog you have control of the PCI location, unlike directional which is based on timing.

Comment by ComebackLogic
5/19/2019 2:06PM PDT

I dont believe so, I have tried this before and it's sometimes not where I placed it.

On another not one of my good friends uses analog hitting and all he does is flick up, doesn't touch left stick at all. He absolutely mashes and beats me 8 times out of 10.

5/19/2019 2:24PM PDT

Quick question:  Has anyone switched from zone to directional hitting and found Moments to be easier?  Not looking for the people that always use directional, but those that have switched after being frustrated with the Moments.

5/19/2019 2:29PM PDT

I dont believe so, I have tried this before and it's sometimes not where I placed it.

On another not one of my good friends uses analog hitting and all he does is flick up, doesn't touch left stick at all. He absolutely mashes and beats me 8 times out of 10.

Comment by dpalm874810
5/19/2019 2:24PM PDT

You use the right stick to aim, not the left.

5/19/2019 3:09PM PDT

You use the right stick to aim, not the left.

Comment by ComebackLogic
5/19/2019 3:09PM PDT

Again I'll I have to disagree. If you aimed with the right stick using pure analog. It would change your swing type. Considering left and right are contact swing and pushin down wouldn't do anything but stride back for preload on a power swing..

I must be missing the point you are trying to get across. Sorry man 

5/19/2019 3:26PM PDT

If PA was more rewarding then I would use it, unfortunately it is not. I like using PA because it feels more natural, but the timing window is too short, so Zone still rules. 

5/19/2019 4:05PM PDT

Again I'll I have to disagree. If you aimed with the right stick using pure analog. It would change your swing type. Considering left and right are contact swing and pushin down wouldn't do anything but stride back for preload on a power swing..

I must be missing the point you are trying to get across. Sorry man 

Comment by dpalm874810
5/19/2019 3:26PM PDT

There’s nothing to disagree about. I’m not confused, I’m explaining how it works, I’ve used all control options extensively and consulted all available instructions and discussions in order to get the best result from each one. The fact I settled on zone should tell you it’s the best, but that’s irrelevant.

When using analog flick to swing; Up is regular swing, preload down then up is power swing, left or right is contact swing. The height of your PCI will be dictated by your swing timing primarily and you can aim the PCI to the left or right of the zone by flicking the analog stick to the diagonal axis when making your swing.

5/19/2019 4:43PM PDT

There’s nothing to disagree about. I’m not confused, I’m explaining how it works, I’ve used all control options extensively and consulted all available instructions and discussions in order to get the best result from each one. The fact I settled on zone should tell you it’s the best, but that’s irrelevant.

When using analog flick to swing; Up is regular swing, preload down then up is power swing, left or right is contact swing. The height of your PCI will be dictated by your swing timing primarily and you can aim the PCI to the left or right of the zone by flicking the analog stick to the diagonal axis when making your swing.

Comment by ComebackLogic
5/19/2019 4:43PM PDT

Ive been trying to get better with zone because I thinksl it's the most fun and also the most gratifying when you finally connect on a dinger. However, every time I have a bad stretch I always switch it to directional or analog thinking it may be better. I struggle with jamming the stick during swing.

Thanks for the info on analog.

5/19/2019 4:55PM PDT

Ive been trying to get better with zone because I thinksl it's the most fun and also the most gratifying when you finally connect on a dinger. However, every time I have a bad stretch I always switch it to directional or analog thinking it may be better. I struggle with jamming the stick during swing.

Thanks for the info on analog.

Comment by dpalm874810
5/19/2019 4:55PM PDT

Yeah, I used to be like that, changing camera, control method etc. I think you’re better off staying consistent and trying to work through it personally, as for the jamming the stick down, I do that all the time as well, it’s so annoying lol. Try starting your PCI low and jamming it up to hit higher pitches, you’ll be shocked how many home runs it generates compared to jamming down.

5/19/2019 5:10PM PDT

Yeah, I used to be like that, changing camera, control method etc. I think you’re better off staying consistent and trying to work through it personally, as for the jamming the stick down, I do that all the time as well, it’s so annoying lol. Try starting your PCI low and jamming it up to hit higher pitches, you’ll be shocked how many home runs it generates compared to jamming down.

Comment by ComebackLogic
5/19/2019 5:10PM PDT

Jumping on now to grind these last 100 stars I will try this out!

5/19/2019 5:14PM PDT

Quick question:  Has anyone switched from zone to directional hitting and found Moments to be easier?  Not looking for the people that always use directional, but those that have switched after being frustrated with the Moments.

Comment by Precisionist99
5/19/2019 2:29PM PDT

I am a zone hitter(I turn off the pci), I use directional on moments that require homeruns. Pull up and out. The only reason I don't use directional in my other gameplay is that it is extremely boring to me.

5/19/2019 5:15PM PDT

I used zone hitting since the first show on ps2.  Just switched over to directional and analog this year.  Feels less of a headache now.

5/19/2019 5:18PM PDT

I am a zone hitter(I turn off the pci), I use directional on moments that require homeruns. Pull up and out. The only reason I don't use directional in my other gameplay is that it is extremely boring to me.

Comment by MountainGuerilla

Feel this 100%

5/20/2019 4:38AM PDT

Comment by MountainGuerilla

I'm the same as MountainGuerilla here, I normally use zone with the PCI off, but after spending countless attempts re-trying certain Moments, I just switched to directional and finally was able to finish the Miguel Cabrera grand slam, for instance. I still have to get the damn Bartolo Colon homer but I'm going to try that with directional today. 

5/20/2019 5:05AM PDT