You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

You’re right. Thats too good. 

Comment by SurfinSantaCruz
5/19/2019 11:53AM PDT

What are you man? An idiot?

You think mlb players are squaring the ball at the same rate as Rebel? Get real man. (Mind you, Rebels lineup also consists of all time greats, not some random nobodies)

Everything appears to fly over your head.

One last time:

1. The skill differences between the show players are monumentally bigger than between professional MLB players. 

2. Due to 1. You should expect to see massive differences in hitting results and scores in general.

3. Your desire to stultify the output of better players in order to push for "realistic" statlines is idiotic and flies in the face of competitive fairness.

4. In order to achieve your desired statlines while being purely skill-based would require for the game to be so difficult that you would no longer be able to hit.

5. This is a competitive video game in which skill, not luck, should rule.

5/19/2019 12:53PM PDT

I’m gonna assume you don’t play on HOF/Legend. Which is fine but there’s no way you think there’s a balance of user input and player attributes if you do 

Comment by lReversaL-
5/18/2019 3:09PM PDT

Excuse me, but isn't HOF/Legend supposed to be harder?

5/19/2019 1:20PM PDT

Excuse me, but isn't HOF/Legend supposed to be harder?

Comment by StyxTx
5/19/2019 1:20PM PDT

Yes for hitting AND pitching. Mistakes at that level should be destroyed if timed up. The whole thing is skewed in the pitchers favor, you can damn near miss over the middle and get away with it 80% of the time

5/19/2019 1:21PM PDT

Yes for hitting AND pitching. Mistakes at that level should be destroyed if timed up. The whole thing is skewed in the pitchers favor, you can damn near miss over the middle and get away with it 80% of the time

Comment by Amishjosh
5/19/2019 1:21PM PDT

Same thing with NBA 2k. HOF level skews things against the human big time. That's how HOF works. Year in, year out, same thing. Why are people always surprised by the skew?

5/19/2019 1:23PM PDT

Same thing with NBA 2k. HOF level skews things against the human big time. That's how HOF works. Year in, year out, same thing. Why are people always surprised by the skew?

Comment by StyxTx
5/19/2019 1:23PM PDT

We are talking about online, it is not skewed against the human. It is skewed in pitchers favored, pci is way smaller, pitch speeds are way up. Even when. You square up a ball, it goes no where. This is human vs human man. 

5/19/2019 1:30PM PDT

1. I’m sick of constant negativity from people who do nothing but complain in every post.

2. I’ll have you know, I made WS for the first time in season 1. Why? Because I am playing more online this year. I will always love franchise more.

Comment by UnequalCommunism
5/19/2019 11:20AM PDT

Even better, you got to a level you've never achieved before because the game dictated that for you.  Congrats Little Billy!  

I think you should block me like all the sensitive cupcakes on this site.  If you are blocking people on a forum, speaks volumes of your character.

5/19/2019 2:12PM PDT

thats the point im making!  I do not hit .300 on perfectly hit balls.  JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE!

If every real life mlb player was rewarded for a perfectly hit ball, they'd be hitt .500 or more.  They don't.  Lot foul off, lot line out, lot pop up.

So I guess if you're not happy with hitting, go play a arcade baseball game where if you sqaure up you get a hr or extra base hit every time and you're batting .900. 

Like I said, maybe this is not the game for you. 

Comment by SurfinSantaCruz
5/19/2019 11:45AM PDT

You really are clueless aren't you?  You do know that major league players hit like .600 on balls hit with greater than 95 exit velo?  Guess not.  They do not square the ball up that much but they aren't playing a video game either.  Yea, let's all play a baseball game where everyone hits .200.  Good times. I hit better in real life every year in real baseball except my last year in the minors when I tried to play hurt with a shoulder injury.  

5/19/2019 2:16PM PDT

What are you man? An idiot?

You think mlb players are squaring the ball at the same rate as Rebel? Get real man. (Mind you, Rebels lineup also consists of all time greats, not some random nobodies)

Everything appears to fly over your head.

One last time:

1. The skill differences between the show players are monumentally bigger than between professional MLB players. 

2. Due to 1. You should expect to see massive differences in hitting results and scores in general.

3. Your desire to stultify the output of better players in order to push for "realistic" statlines is idiotic and flies in the face of competitive fairness.

4. In order to achieve your desired statlines while being purely skill-based would require for the game to be so difficult that you would no longer be able to hit.

5. This is a competitive video game in which skill, not luck, should rule.

Comment by SefarR
5/19/2019 12:53PM PDT

This.  

5/19/2019 2:18PM PDT

I’m gonna assume you don’t play on HOF/Legend. Which is fine but there’s no way you think there’s a balance of user input and player attributes if you do 

Comment by lReversaL-
5/18/2019 3:09PM PDT

It seems more likely, by a significant margin, that perhaps you and the others who complain shouldn't be playing on those levels...

5/19/2019 11:08PM PDT

It seems more likely, by a significant margin, that perhaps you and the others who complain shouldn't be playing on those levels...

Comment by Onyx_Hokie_2
5/19/2019 11:08PM PDT

So the best players in the world like McGunski and DGoss shouldn't be playing on those levels because they complain? 

Or.... (wild idea)... The game needs fixing?  

It's not that McGunski and DGoss can't square the ball, it's the fact that nothing happens when they do.

5/19/2019 11:59PM PDT