You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Hello all!

I will detail everything I remember and have written down. But these are some great stats for anyone wanting to know the market or buying entire Live series. So this last 7 weeks has been kinda a grind of different sorts. I usually grind the market on and off most days probably an average of 3 hrs per day, but game is on about 12 hrs. I will start this off by stating I spent 0$ other then the MVP game edition I purchased for $69.99 from GameStop on release date of March 26 I believe.

i read other threads stating entire live roster would cost about $1.6 million, so that was my goal. The MVP edition came with 1 free diamond which I chose Tony Gwynn and sold for $21k I believe. It also came with 10 packs... which I pulled a diamond Bryce Harper Maple hat which I think sold for $17k. After I sold everything I pulled I had a little under $40k to start with.

The flipping began and I have had good luck and bad luck but always came out each day at least 5k ahead. I never kept a card longer then a week. Best flips was for around 16k and I have had many 5-10k flips. Best day and weekend I had flipping was this past weekend in which I made about $225k for 3 days. Most days since I made my 1 mill mark I made 20-45k. The more order u place the better chance at winning and flipping. The last 2 weeks I would place max orders every go. I would take 10 min and place the 50 orders and rinse and repeat every 30- 45 min. The market is always the highest at night time and weekends. The lowest is always in the early AM but less people playing so less activity. The worst flip of mine came when I lost $18k on the Eric Davis diamond which I bought for 160k and faught low bidding with other people till I said screw it and sold it for $155k to get back most of my money minus the 10%. 

I reached the 1.82 million mark yesterday morning and was off work and said screw it and began buying everything. I started with commons as the fly by rather quickly and spent 2 hours killing all commons and bronze. I started to finish bronze and working on silver and gold.

to be clear while building I never bought any by it how’s unless it was like $25 or so. So I saved pretty much as much as any one could save while building. All said every common, bronze, silver and gold purchasing through 99% of bids was around $225k. The rest of everything was around $1.1 million. I only need 3 diamonds and I’m done which I could easily buy it now. But the market is soaring and the Aroldis Chapman, manny M, and Sherzer are about 6-9k higher then they were 4 days ago. The Chapman I could have got for 28k is now 35k . The machado was 44k and now 50k, and the scherzer for 32k is now 37k. But I have a little under 600k right now with those 3 left. All said I should have around 450k or so remaining after all is said and done. The entire live purchase took me about 8 hrs and a maxed out my bids every time. 

Its worth noting you make 81k in stubs for all teams, conferences, leagues and mlb once turned in. So I will be close to 550k. I calculated the XP for all and if I remember it’s about 187k in XP once submitted. I’m only a level 41 now and hope it get me to the 100 marker if not more and will earn some 99 players and some 87-89 starter diamonds I will sell off. So the 81k plus what I could sell off should be around 150k total back. 

All said and done it cost around 1.35 million if u bid for everything. And u will get a ton of XP. I just wanted you all to know it’s possible to flip the market and not pay anymore the $10 extra. It definitely was helpful to start off with 40k. It was a fun grind and can’t wait to rip with the 99 Mays and other players I earned. It really makes earning and grinding for the set savory from the fruits of my labor.  

Sorry for the long story as I’m writing this on my phone and sorry for grammar as my phone is jumping all over. I hope this was helpful information for some people and if any of you have any questions about this grind, ask away. It is satisfying after this insane grind and probably won’t do it next year as the wife has gotten annoyed watching numbers fly on the screen. Best advice I could give is don’t knock flipping diamond equipment as that’s sometimes easier money. Stay away from big time cards as they are hard to flip, to many eyes on them. The best areas I did were flipping 7k-20k equipment and diamond players 10k-45k. Easiest money if u need a few grand are purchasing low end bronze players. Example, u can buy some for 30 and flip for 130-150 in about 1 min. If u have 10k to work with u can easily make 10k by flipping these 100s at a time and they are very low risk and u never lose money, guaranteed! Silver and gold you don’t make any money really. 

Good luck to all and ask away if you have questions.

UPDATE !!!

I gave in and finished my collection of live series including free agents! I started with 1.82 MIllion or so and now I have $507K left, but have 7 extra Cody Bellingers in inventory hoping he will move from a 85 to 86. He currently sits at around 12.5-13k a pop. If he reaches the 86 I would imagine his cards would move up to 17-18k ? Worst case scenario he stays at a 85 and I unload them for 12.5K a pop. Which is around $88K. For completing all of the live series you get like 82k in stubs. So worst case scenario I will have around $677k still in the bank with Mays, Hornsby, Pudge and all Live series. I was incorrect about the XP I receive for all the collections. The real number is actually 436,500 XP for all collections with the free agents. I will also receive 2-3 flashback player cards and possibly hit the 100 marker for XP and gain another 99 player and I believe a diamond equipment card and a few other items. I sell off what I earn for XPMilestones and may gain another 50k worst case and put me at $725 k.

So after all of this I had 1.82 mill and will 725k left. So in theory  the live series cost me a shade over 1 million and will have I assume 4x 99 bad *** players. My entire team will be 90+. Is I use all of the money towards the best I could buy and leave a 100k in the bank I should have a starting 9 of players 95+ and all pitchers should be 90+ if not better. Not to bad for 7 weeks of market flipping. I am beat and tired but will turn in my collections tomorrow and let all of you know  how far my XP level jump is with 436,500. I’m at a common level of 41 and I gain levels rather easy as I’m only a 41. I will turn them inn in the morning and write a update before lunch time eastern time zone. Thank you to all of the great reply’s and support. It’s made running to the finish line that much sweeter! You guys are all awesome and hope all of you pull a 100k trout out of a pack tomorrow!  On the bottom of this thread I will post some of my GOTO best items I have flipped with and the items that have moved the fastest for me. Good luck to all and I will update this message tomorrow.

I gained a total of 42 levels from the entire live series completed. Each team I submitted bumped me a shade over 1 level. 2 x when I turned in teams in bumped me 2 levels. I went from a level 41 to a level 83. But can turn in some legend, all stars, rookies, hardware etc and get to 85. I have a choice of diamond 94-99 rating. My outfield is stacked, short, 3rd and 1st base are my lowest, but wouldn’t mind chosing the 99 wit Ryan or Kershaw. I don’t know if I want Hoffman?

I am stuck between  94 Tramel, 95 Giambi, 99 Kershaw, or 99 Ryan? 

May squad level is a 91, my lineup is a 92, and pitching is a 89.... I still have $725k in stubs as well... I would like to keep 200k in stubs. So wouldn’t mind spending 500k on players... 

many thoughts or ideas? And in about 15 levels I will get a 99 wig player and was thinking 

take Ryan or Kershaw now, take Joe Morgan in a week or 2, buy Vlad Jr, Madbum and the 92 Cabrera.. I dig the Michael Young, but 185k on 1 player is a bit pricey. When other players will come out? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you again for all of the support

5/15/2019 3:59PM PDT

From someone who has spent a decent amount of $ on the game this year, nice man! That is some SERIOUS grinding and dedication. Take the extra and splurge on some FBs and legends u want. 

I'm in the minority I think but Vlad Jr just rakes for me. Also like Dunn a lot. Just got Eric Davis and he was 2-4 in 1st RS game. Seriously though, well done. Hope all the Pay2win whiners take the time to read this.

Enjoy all your shiny, new toys. Arrieta is a stud also.

It is pretty long tho :)

5/15/2019 4:13PM PDT

Congrats on the grind.  I’m going for mays this year and I’ve had a similar story.  I spent the first four weeks after release buying and selling all the silver cards. At about 100 profit per buy/sell, it was a lot. In four weeks, I had completed the al. My goal was to get pudge. 

After that I had to take a break. I’ve still been flipping but not nearly as much. Hopefully on Friday I’ll get machado at a discount and complete the nl West. In hindsight, I might have done what you did, because the diamonds I bought for the al (trout, Ramirez, Simmons, etc) have dropped considerably in the last three weeks. Id probably be four or five more diamonds ahead by now if I had waited. But, I wanted to have some cards to play online. 

I am sure someone will post on here how much more they made and how much easier it was. Don’t let that bug you. You found a strategy that worked for you and you’ll have mays within two months of release without any extra cash.

Congrats. 

5/15/2019 4:16PM PDT

Your a good man, and I have been salivating over the GJR. His bat looks legend for his ratings. I’ve been wanting him for sure and now that u said what u did, I will more then likely pick him up. 

Can anyone answer these few questions. What 99 player should I pick if I make it to a 100?

Does anyone how many levels I will gain off the 180k in XP for every live set? Just curious what level I would make it to from level 41 and then adding 180k in XP, thank you for any help!

5/15/2019 4:23PM PDT

Lol I’m sure some people have made more. I’m not salty this is my first year really grinding and figuring out what works for me. I notice a lot of the time I’m out bid every 30 Sec to 3 min as some people are relentless. I give up on certain cards after a few tries as there are plenty of fish in the sea. I’m happy as my goal was to complete this goal by all star break. Some people are very dedicated lol. More then me for sure. 

5/15/2019 4:30PM PDT

Wow! Great plan and execution! You should be proud of your hard work. I flip cards but do it much differently. I've learned a lot from you. Thank you.

5/15/2019 4:34PM PDT

Hello all!

I will detail everything I remember and have written down. But these are some great stats for anyone wanting to know the market or buying entire Live series. So this last 7 weeks has been kinda a grind of different sorts. I usually grind the market on and off most days probably an average of 3 hrs per day, but game is on about 12 hrs. I will start this off by stating I spent 0$ other then the MVP game edition I purchased for $69.99 from GameStop on release date of March 26 I believe.

i read other threads stating entire live roster would cost about $1.6 million, so that was my goal. The MVP edition came with 1 free diamond which I chose Tony Gwynn and sold for $21k I believe. It also came with 10 packs... which I pulled a diamond Bryce Harper Maple hat which I think sold for $17k. After I sold everything I pulled I had a little under $40k to start with.

The flipping began and I have had good luck and bad luck but always came out each day at least 5k ahead. I never kept a card longer then a week. Best flips was for around 16k and I have had many 5-10k flips. Best day and weekend I had flipping was this past weekend in which I made about $225k for 3 days. Most days since I made my 1 mill mark I made 20-45k. The more order u place the better chance at winning and flipping. The last 2 weeks I would place max orders every go. I would take 10 min and place the 50 orders and rinse and repeat every 30- 45 min. The market is always the highest at night time and weekends. The lowest is always in the early AM but less people playing so less activity. The worst flip of mine came when I lost $18k on the Eric Davis diamond which I bought for 160k and faught low bidding with other people till I said screw it and sold it for $155k to get back most of my money minus the 10%. 

I reached the 1.82 million mark yesterday morning and was off work and said screw it and began buying everything. I started with commons as the fly by rather quickly and spent 2 hours killing all commons and bronze. I started to finish bronze and working on silver and gold.

to be clear while building I never bought any by it how’s unless it was like $25 or so. So I saved pretty much as much as any one could save while building. All said every common, bronze, silver and gold purchasing through 99% of bids was around $225k. The rest of everything was around $1.1 million. I only need 3 diamonds and I’m done which I could easily buy it now. But the market is soaring and the Aroldis Chapman, manny M, and Sherzer are about 6-9k higher then they were 4 days ago. The Chapman I could have got for 28k is now 35k . The machado was 44k and now 50k, and the scherzer for 32k is now 37k. But I have a little under 600k right now with those 3 left. All said I should have around 450k or so remaining after all is said and done. The entire live purchase took me about 8 hrs and a maxed out my bids every time. 

Its worth noting you make 81k in stubs for all teams, conferences, leagues and mlb once turned in. So I will be close to 550k. I calculated the XP for all and if I remember it’s about 187k in XP once submitted. I’m only a level 41 now and hope it get me to the 100 marker if not more and will earn some 99 players and some 87-89 starter diamonds I will sell off. So the 81k plus what I could sell off should be around 150k total back. 

All said and done it cost around 1.35 million if u bid for everything. And u will get a ton of XP. I just wanted you all to know it’s possible to flip the market and not pay anymore the $10 extra. It definitely was helpful to start off with 40k. It was a fun grind and can’t wait to rip with the 99 Mays and other players I earned. It really makes earning and grinding for the set savory from the fruits of my labor.  

Sorry for the long story as I’m writing this on my phone and sorry for grammar as my phone is jumping all over. I hope this was helpful information for some people and if any of you have any questions about this grind, ask away. It is satisfying after this insane grind and probably won’t do it next year as the wife has gotten annoyed watching numbers fly on the screen. Best advice I could give is don’t knock flipping diamond equipment as that’s sometimes easier money. Stay away from big time cards as they are hard to flip, to many eyes on them. The best areas I did were flipping 7k-20k equipment and diamond players 10k-45k. Easiest money if u need a few grand are purchasing low end bronze players. Example, u can buy some for 30 and flip for 130-150 in about 1 min. If u have 10k to work with u can easily make 10k by flipping these 100s at a time and they are very low risk and u never lose money, guaranteed! Silver and gold you don’t make any money really. 

Good luck to all and ask away if you have questions.

Comment by ttguffey25
5/15/2019 3:59PM PDT

dude right on

your post will help a lot of people on the market and making stubs

nice read

5/15/2019 4:34PM PDT

I would rather play the game than the market. I find it takes too much time. Especially with XP rewards being good this year. Last year I spent too much time there. Cards cost more so it was more necessary. This year I haven’t done it at all 

5/15/2019 4:36PM PDT

What’s your XP level, I’m curious? Just want to see if it held you back at all in that area. 

5/15/2019 4:37PM PDT

Nicely done. I've worked my way up to around 550k so far, mostly dabbling for short periods of time across the day using a system I invented. I've been slowly buying stuff as well and usually make 25k (bad day like today) to 100k (like on the weekend) a day.

5/15/2019 4:43PM PDT

I’m only a level 41 but will gain 180k in XP once I lock in all the sets. I don’t know what level it will push me to but I’m assuming I will be over 100 into the next tier. I got tired of scraping by and glitches annoyed me a bit and once I saw the Mays, Hornsby, Pudge... the 99 players at each 100 levels plus trout as others. I figured just grind for a few months and have the best and enjoy the game rather then scraping by and getting annoyed. Lol

5/15/2019 4:54PM PDT

Nice post. Many people will find this helpful. 

5/15/2019 4:58PM PDT

I don't know if 181000 xp will get you from 41 to 100. I would think maybe 36 levels, but I'm definitely curious how many levels you'll gain. I'm at 63 silver and last I saw it was about 100000 per level.

5/15/2019 5:15PM PDT

I’m only a level 41 but will gain 180k in XP once I lock in all the sets. I don’t know what level it will push me to but I’m assuming I will be over 100 into the next tier. I got tired of scraping by and glitches annoyed me a bit and once I saw the Mays, Hornsby, Pudge... the 99 players at each 100 levels plus trout as others. I figured just grind for a few months and have the best and enjoy the game rather then scraping by and getting annoyed. Lol

Comment by ttguffey25
5/15/2019 4:54PM PDT

Congrats man. Pretty impressive. You will really like Willie Mays. 

5/15/2019 5:25PM PDT

Hornsby and Mays are the best cards I’ve used hands down. Pudge is good, but nothing special. 

5/15/2019 5:26PM PDT

You've got way to much time on your hands bruh

5/15/2019 6:11PM PDT

That's awesome. What high priced diamonds do 7 recommend flipping for quick huge profits? I am a few teams from willie mays which is my goal. 

5/15/2019 7:26PM PDT

I wrote an update above and put it in original post. I will turn in collections tomorrow and gain 436,500 XP and state what level I jumped to. I only purchased a few buy it now cards and non of them exceeded 50 stubs.

some of my easiest flipped items yielding 1000-2000 a pop were diamond equipment cards, any and all equipment. I used a rule of2500-3500 variance with those equipment cards. There are lots of globes and bats and a lot of them u can buy between 7-12k. If there was not at least a 2500 swing from buy and sell I wouldn’t waste my time. But countless time I would buy a equipment card for 8000 and sell for 10500 or so, take out the tax and 1 flip will get you 1-2K. The lower diamond player cards are easy to flip and as long as you can do simple math and subtract each other and if ur left with 2500+ on something 15k or below u will make at least 1k after taxes. Players who have flipped good for me the past few weeks are:

Judge, Stratton, Miller, Rendon, Freeman, Harper sometimes, Degrom, andLtuve. All of the beginning 87-89 diamond flashback are great clips . I have done so many of those it makes me sick lol. All of these have low ends of 9k to high ends of 15k. Any of the flashback diamonds that have a 2500-3000 variance are great clips. I always bid on anything under it 15k that has at least a 2500 variance. . U take 2500 profit and minus the 10% and u clear at least 1k. Usually if I place 20-30 orders I will win 2-5 of them and rinse and repeat! If u can flips 20 of those a day that’s at least 25k profit.

stay away from high dollar cards of 50k + . They might looks pretty and u think I can make 5k easy as it’s 45k be 55k minus the 10% and take out 5 k from the 10k I might have cleared is all good and dandy, but I have 387 full pages of completed orders. They are hard to buy, hard to sell and more eyes on them. Sure sometimes u get lucky and can get that 5k profit on a flip but I’ve seen it to many times to where u finally win them and they lost 3-5k within 20-30 minutes and u are selling against other flippers who will take a 500 profit and start the down hill spiral for that card. Stay away from new cards that have just came out within the last week. They are very random and have seen and bought some that have dropped. Also if ur flipping a card, do not sit on it over night. That’s a bad move as I have woke up the next day while still holding a card and it’s lost it’s profit and ur lucky to break even. Beat time to buy is the early am as most cards are the cheapest. At night they usually gain 5-10% more value and vice bers will lose 5-10% value from night to morning. Example... Chris Sale was selling for 41k 3 hours ago and now that everyone is sleeping he’s at 36k.

if you are a person that only has 5-20k. Ur best bet is bronze cards of players. They are so many of them that are like 40 and have a high side of 160. Sure it’s only 100 profit a pop but u buy 20 of them for 800 and sell them for 2500-3000. And clear 2k pretty easy and they are very very very low risk. And I know 20 seems like a lot of cards to flip. But they littlteraly turn every 30 second to 2 min. U could seriously flip 20 bronze cards in about 10 min. 

Thanks for for all of the support. I’m off the bed and hope this info helps someone to make some money and earn that’s card they really want by flipping. Good luck and I will send one last update tomorrow.

5/15/2019 9:41PM PDT

I understand flipping on the market and that to get the team you want... I get it. However... didn't you pay for the game to play it? It's been out 6 weeks, no I haven't finished every collection and also no, I'm not a top 100 player. However I put no money into the game.. have Trout, and 4 99's all from just playing the game and the XP that is gained. I just don't really get the market grind when by the end of August a lot of people have gone over to Madden or if not Madden, a lot of people have stopped playing because the regular season of baseball has 1 month left. Just my opinion.. but very nicely done getting all those stubs from market grinding.. I'd rather play the game though.

5/15/2019 10:07PM PDT

A lot of us like this part of the game. I enjoy earning the Stubbs and building my team that way. Plus, it's nice to have a bunch of extra stubs around to afford new cards when they are released. I pretty much suck at this game by the way, and bought an all diamond team so I might play a little better. Lol!

5/15/2019 10:16PM PDT

Congrats on the grind.  I’m going for mays this year and I’ve had a similar story.  I spent the first four weeks after release buying and selling all the silver cards. At about 100 profit per buy/sell, it was a lot. In four weeks, I had completed the al. My goal was to get pudge. 

After that I had to take a break. I’ve still been flipping but not nearly as much. Hopefully on Friday I’ll get machado at a discount and complete the nl West. In hindsight, I might have done what you did, because the diamonds I bought for the al (trout, Ramirez, Simmons, etc) have dropped considerably in the last three weeks. Id probably be four or five more diamonds ahead by now if I had waited. But, I wanted to have some cards to play online. 

I am sure someone will post on here how much more they made and how much easier it was. Don’t let that bug you. You found a strategy that worked for you and you’ll have mays within two months of release without any extra cash.

Congrats. 

Comment by MathMan5072
5/15/2019 4:16PM PDT

Post of the day my friend.. lots of useful info.. thanks man

5/15/2019 10:56PM PDT

I have played a good amount, but this past 7 weeks I have worked a lot and have kids and a wife. It is very hard to focus and get a dedicated hr to play without needing to make food, take to and from school, hang out with wife and work and do household chors etc. summer is here and now I can actually just play the game. It’s worked out perfect as 10 min here and there to flip during the day is doible. 

Mae have all had the moments on a close game tied up and kids or wife or dogs start going crazy and need something and we stop for the few minutes and then come back to lose rythum and get homered on. Or ur at bat with 2 men on and ur down by one needing a double and kid comes in the room hyper and u miss time something. Instead of choosing to be frustrated and losing. I chose to grind for a team that has a lot less under power and lower ratings so I have a way better chance and don’t want to Gronkowski spike my controller at the TV lol. We have all been there for sure! Anyone with kids, wife, work, barking dogs, and a lot going on all know that feeling.... we all are different and different things float our boats. A lot of people love the market and some people hate it and see no point.. we all love different things and as long as your enjoying the game, that’s all that matters.

plus I’m only a average player as I have only played the SHOW maybe 3 months out of the past 4 years.   ... UGuys rock and thank you for the support! I’m stuck at work till 6pm eastern time. So I will turn in team tonight and post what level I make it to...

5/16/2019 6:52AM PDT

Dude just take the buy now price and multiply it by 0.9. You make the math sound so hard lol.

EDIT: What I usually do is if buy now is lets say 33,500. I take 500-1000 off of that as my safe/worst case scenario window to what I think I will sell it for by the time my sell order goes through.

So 32,500 x 0.9 = 29,250...so if the sell order range is like 28,000 place a sell order and flip it.

5/16/2019 7:37AM PDT

So you the douche nozzle that keeps posting 50 orders on things and clogging up the market LOL. Just busting balls. 

5/16/2019 8:40AM PDT

Dude just take the buy now price and multiply it by 0.9. You make the math sound so hard lol.

EDIT: What I usually do is if buy now is lets say 30,500. I take 500-1000 off of that as my safe/worst case scenario window to what I think I will sell it for by the time my sell order goes through.

So 30,000 x 0.9 = 29,250...so if the sell order range is like 28,000 place a sell order and flip it.

Comment by Ratsaladd
5/16/2019 7:37AM PDT

What? You challenge his math skills and then go on to state that 30000 x .9= 29250?

You shouldn't NEED a calculator for that, but I recommend you get one please.

5/16/2019 8:43AM PDT