You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Can you overreact on camera and get your viewers to purchase stubs when you pull many diamonds from your pre-order packs?  How many stubs do you think you can sell?  10k __   20k __  50k __  100k+

Ya... when this game first dropped I watch a Koogs YouTube vid titled with some dumb crap like "8 diamond pulls! OMFG these pack odds!" Or something like that. It was a video of this dude jumping out of his chair and pacing around for minutes at a time before flipping the card every time he saw a diamond. Then he complains about getting 3 DeGroms who at the time was on the upper end of sell value in the 85-89 range.

I thought to myself hey maybe things are different this year and went to go buy a 50 pack... I got 0 diamonds and 3 golds, that includes the BIAH pack. Ya... I'm an idiot who suffered a brief moment of insanity... never again... probably 

Comment by DelThaFunkee
5/15/2019 12:49PM PDT

Feel for you dude, but did you end up wondering if maybe that vid was staged?  I'm sure SDS could easily send a streamer some "rigged" packs.

5/15/2019 2:26PM PDT

I wonder if there might be a couple of guys who might be regretting getting involved in this whole Sony partner thing? And I wonder if after all the BS these guys have taken so far, (including Shelfy basically having to apologize for the Cliff Lee card and repeating over and over he had nothing to do with it), whether anyone in the future would think it’s worth the hassle. I don’t know them. Can’t read their minds. But I can add another question to your application:

Can you deal with haters? Y____N____

If no, no need to apply.

5/15/2019 2:32PM PDT

Can you overreact on camera and get your viewers to purchase stubs when you pull many diamonds from your pre-order packs?  How many stubs do you think you can sell?  10k __   20k __  50k __  100k+

Ya... when this game first dropped I watch a Koogs YouTube vid titled with some dumb crap like "8 diamond pulls! OMFG these pack odds!" Or something like that. It was a video of this dude jumping out of his chair and pacing around for minutes at a time before flipping the card every time he saw a diamond. Then he complains about getting 3 DeGroms who at the time was on the upper end of sell value in the 85-89 range.

I thought to myself hey maybe things are different this year and went to go buy a 50 pack... I got 0 diamonds and 3 golds, that includes the BIAH pack. Ya... I'm an idiot who suffered a brief moment of insanity... never again... probably 

Comment by DelThaFunkee

Feel for you dude, but did you end up wondering if maybe that vid was staged?  I'm sure SDS could easily send a streamer some "rigged" packs.

Comment by Precisionist99

They get special packs.  It is a business decision.  Just like a new player.  If you don't give a new player a diamond pull they are less likely to come back.  A new player that gets diamond pulls is a lot more inclined to buy packs next year.  Same thing with a bad player.  Giving bad players diamond pulls gives them more of a chance to be competitive.  It is all business decisions about spending.  If you don't fit into any of my criteria you have a much lower chance of getting a diamond pull.

I mean at one point in RS I was 45-11 and had no live series diamonds.  Why would SDS hand me better cards when I am doing quite well with what I have.  Why do I need a Mike Trout and give me a better team than what I currently have?  Plus they have the data to show that I have bought stubs in the past.  Hey, if he gets to a point where he is losing he will just buy more stubs.  This is just how businesses think.  It is how they get the most money.  I understand this and this is why I haven't purchased more than 10 packs this year outside of my preorder.  Just know if you have a good record, played before and/or bought stubs in the past your pack pulls will be very low.  I am sure there are very lucky anomalies but this will be how the majority is that fit the above criteria.

5/15/2019 2:44PM PDT

Comment by DelThaFunkee

They get special packs.  It is a business decision.  Just like a new player.  If you don't give a new player a diamond pull they are less likely to come back.  A new player that gets diamond pulls is a lot more inclined to buy packs next year.  Same thing with a bad player.  Giving bad players diamond pulls gives them more of a chance to be competitive.  It is all business decisions about spending.  If you don't fit into any of my criteria you have a much lower chance of getting a diamond pull.

I mean at one point in RS I was 45-11 and had no live series diamonds.  Why would SDS hand me better cards when I am doing quite well with what I have.  Why do I need a Mike Trout and give me a better team than what I currently have?  Plus they have the data to show that I have bought stubs in the past.  Hey, if he gets to a point where he is losing he will just buy more stubs.  This is just how businesses think.  It is how they get the most money.  I understand this and this is why I haven't purchased more than 10 packs this year outside of my preorder.  Just know if you have a good record, played before and/or bought stubs in the past your pack pulls will be very low.  I am sure there are very lucky anomalies but this will be how the majority is that fit the above criteria.

Comment by D_e_m_I_s_E

Yeah totally see that logic.

My personal experience, I haven't played online since 17 when I lost the only two games I played to cheesy bunt & steal tactics and realized online play was not for me.

18 I played no online at all, bought stubs once.  Pulled 3 Diamonds from packs, one from preorder packs and 2 from earned packs...Correa, Cole, then another Correa (I guess they thought it would be funny with Angels being my selected team to give me 3 Astros).

This year I preordered, lots of golds in the 10 packs bundle  but no diamonds.  1 gold and no diamonds since then on earned packs and random rewards.  So I'm wondering, if I bought some stubs will that put me higher in their "favorite" queue?

5/15/2019 2:53PM PDT

Who are all the partners who have been caught doing something?

5/15/2019 5:04PM PDT

Comment by DelThaFunkee

Oh ya no doubt. In fact that was in my mind the whole time while watching the vid and knowing my own crappy pack luck throughout '17 and '18. But... it was a new year at the time, and I figured "what the hell, let's give it a shot". 

I definitely shoulda known better. 

I did recently pull a Paddack out of my 4 Topps April packs. It always seems like they are doing just enough with the few and far between diamond pull for me to keep me from totally losing my *** and keep playing.

5/15/2019 7:24PM PDT

Who are all the partners who have been caught doing something?

Comment by ExplodingBearcat
5/15/2019 5:04PM PDT

As far as I know its just been Koogs win boosting and QuashTag with the freeze off.  I could be wrong, but I think in a previous year Sporer was caught on stream doing the friendly quit trick. 

5/15/2019 7:57PM PDT

Those partners are a f****** joke, bunch of clowns. 

They don’t give a s*** about this community, when it comes down to it, they will do whatever benefits THEM. 

5/15/2019 8:02PM PDT

Maybe if the Sony partners were actually part of this community, they'd be more accepted, at least in the beginning? 

Just wondering. 

The win trading and freeze off wouldn't have helped in any case. lol.

I don't care either way. I don't watch any of them. I get my tips from College-Lefty and entertainment from KevinGohd. A shame Cardinalbird isn't still streaming, he posted some really useful stuff.

5/15/2019 8:11PM PDT

I hope they do away with the Sony Partners stuff next year, or at the very least don't put them in the game.

If SDS really wanted to engage with fans of this game they would answer more questions on their own website.

5/15/2019 8:14PM PDT

Lmaoooooooo. The cheese is dripping. I hate sds for bringing that in the game. Why would I ever want to play as koogs46... EVER!

5/15/2019 8:14PM PDT

Comment by D_e_m_I_s_E

Yeah totally see that logic.

My personal experience, I haven't played online since 17 when I lost the only two games I played to cheesy bunt & steal tactics and realized online play was not for me.

18 I played no online at all, bought stubs once.  Pulled 3 Diamonds from packs, one from preorder packs and 2 from earned packs...Correa, Cole, then another Correa (I guess they thought it would be funny with Angels being my selected team to give me 3 Astros).

This year I preordered, lots of golds in the 10 packs bundle  but no diamonds.  1 gold and no diamonds since then on earned packs and random rewards.  So I'm wondering, if I bought some stubs will that put me higher in their "favorite" queue?

5/15/2019 2:53PM PDT

My first thought is no.  I have bought extra stubs the last 2 years.  I haven't bought any this year and don't plan to.  Now maybe if you bought $100 worth of stubs and was 4-20 online I think you would have a better chance of seeing a diamond. If you are having success online or are spending money on stubs they have no incentive to give you diamonds in packs.  Now if you are struggling online you are more likely to quit so they will (IMO) help you out by giving you a diamond or more.

5/16/2019 6:33AM PDT

Demise, you forgot to add.. "do you come to your fellow streamer's defense even after he's said he was wrong and issued an apology"? LMAO

5/16/2019 6:35AM PDT

I wonder if there might be a couple of guys who might be regretting getting involved in this whole Sony partner thing? And I wonder if after all the BS these guys have taken so far, (including Shelfy basically having to apologize for the Cliff Lee card and repeating over and over he had nothing to do with it), whether anyone in the future would think it’s worth the hassle. I don’t know them. Can’t read their minds. But I can add another question to your application:

If no, no need to apply.

Comment by currycashier

I can tell you now there's a bunch of execs (community relations VP's, etc) with their heads in their hands thinking why the heck they ever thought it would be a good idea to follow what EA did with Madden and make some childish streamers "partners" of the game and essentially ambassadors for their game. Just an awful PR move. I get that they wanted to make the community feel like it was part of the game and get more exposure through streamers but man, despite the saying, not all pub is good pub

5/16/2019 6:38AM PDT

If no, no need to apply.

Comment by currycashier

I can tell you now there's a bunch of execs (community relations VP's, etc) with their heads in their hands thinking why the heck they ever thought it would be a good idea to follow what EA did with Madden and make some childish streamers "partners" of the game and essentially ambassadors for their game. Just an awful PR move. I get that they wanted to make the community feel like it was part of the game and get more exposure through streamers but man, despite the saying, not all pub is good pub

Comment by JasonsFather
5/16/2019 6:38AM PDT

If you want to make the community feel like they are part of the game speak on the forum, be honest and transparent. Acknowledge the issues with the game and what you are going to do to try to correct them.  If you can't correct them, I would rather someone come out and say it.   Hard to trust gaming companies when they hide everything and do absolutely nothing when things like the Koogs and Quash things come up.  Even a week ban for Koogs would have went a long way.  I just don't understand these companies and their need to hide everything. You are more likely to get more money from me being open about things. 

5/16/2019 6:47AM PDT