You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

you need more then “top players still being top players”. Because if you take common sense...this game is random...let me explain.  Great contact is outs a lot.   And bad contact are hits a lot.  There fore WHERE does the skill lie?  It’s not about placing the pci on the ball.  That cannot even be argued because the results can go either way...so someone logically explain HOW this game is skill based.  And how one can IMPROVE? Simply saying “the same guys are always on top” isn’t going to fly...because that is not necessarily skill because their results are as random as the next persons.  

4/23/2019 8:54AM PDT

If you had the skillz you would understand. ;-)

4/23/2019 8:58AM PDT

Nunchuk skills, Bo staff skills....you know.  Skills

4/23/2019 9:11AM PDT

you need more then “top players still being top players”. Because if you take common sense...this game is random...let me explain.  Great contact is outs a lot.   And bad contact are hits a lot.  There fore WHERE does the skill lie?  It’s not about placing the pci on the ball.  That cannot even be argued because the results can go either way...so someone logically explain HOW this game is skill based.  And how one can IMPROVE? Simply saying “the same guys are always on top” isn’t going to fly...because that is not necessarily skill because their results are as random as the next persons.  

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

You realize the basis of your argument is like saying mike trout is the same hitter as chris davis -- because they both have the same babip luck when they hit the ball hard and they both get just as unlucky and lucky whenever they make contact. 

Your argument is like saying "In every at bat mike trout can either Get a hit or not get a hit therefore because there are two possible outcomes -- that is a 50% chance of happening. In Chris Davis's at-bats he can either get a hit or not get a hit -- so also only two results = 50% chance one happens. Same goes for every single player. Therefore Mike Trout = Chris Davis"

4/23/2019 9:13AM PDT

I think people read too much into the feedback. I think the feedback is a little more random than the game really is. Also, maybe people are not understanding the feedback and what it really means. If hitting was as broken as people say it is SDS would have patched it already. There is a lot more that goes into it than what people know or see

4/23/2019 9:15AM PDT

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

4/23/2019 9:19AM PDT

Nothing is random.

4/23/2019 9:19AM PDT

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

I like how the OP will not let us use the answer of "the same guys are always on top" as an arguement that it's skill based.  He literrally proves it's skill based in his arguement against it being skill based.  SMH

4/23/2019 9:20AM PDT

" Simply saying “the same guys are always on top” isn’t going to fly...because that is not necessarily skill because their results are as random as the next persons.   "

Actually, no. LOL. That actually does fly, because it does show that skill matters.

There are other arguments that support your point, but this ain't one of them. :)

4/23/2019 9:22AM PDT

Sorry man but if their results were "as random as the next person's" they wouldn't consistently year after year be on top. 

4/23/2019 9:23AM PDT

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

Yes, a lot of skill has been removed from this game.  

I don't hold any stock in the top players still being top players.  If you look at most of the top players they have the best cards and a ton of quits.  Hardly factors in determining skill.  

I have thrown out a challenge to Thizzly, Nash and any other WS players that wants to do it.  Use the lineup I have used during most of my time in RS and get to the WS next season without the quits.  Funny enough, no takers.  

4/23/2019 9:24AM PDT

I guess many people have never heard of poker because it’s hard to follow, never the same guys at the end, too much luck involved 🙄

play your opponent not his cards

4/23/2019 9:26AM PDT

I suck and my H2H record accurately portrays my sucktitude. I rarely beat someone who is noticeably significantly better than I am at hitting, fielding or pitching

4/23/2019 9:31AM PDT

Yes, a lot of skill has been removed from this game.  

I don't hold any stock in the top players still being top players.  If you look at most of the top players they have the best cards and a ton of quits.  Hardly factors in determining skill.  

I have thrown out a challenge to Thizzly, Nash and any other WS players that wants to do it.  Use the lineup I have used during most of my time in RS and get to the WS next season without the quits.  Funny enough, no takers.  

Comment by D_e_m_I_s_E
4/23/2019 9:24AM PDT

Maybe there's no takers because your team sucks lol. Grind that XP and quit whining. 

4/23/2019 9:32AM PDT

My mind always has trouble digesting people constantly talking about skills playing a video game. If I could play baseball in the mlb than that would be skill. Hitting 95 mph fastballs and 12-6 curves while eating popcorn on my couch, i don’t consider a skill myself anyway.

4/23/2019 9:41AM PDT

Ok, go play Pitching_Rebel or McGunski and then go play some random guy rated 807 and tell me that they’re is no difference in skill. 

4/23/2019 10:33AM PDT

Maybe there's no takers because your team sucks lol. Grind that XP and quit whining. 

Comment by thizzlyadams

And I’m certain if he had all the best cards he would be rated about 1200 right? Why does he think guys rated 1100 plus have alot of quits? Because they are lucky or because they dispose of their opponent in an inning or so and the other guy quits and moves on. PLUS alot of the games on the game history shown are people playing against them in the extra innings mode. 

4/23/2019 10:37AM PDT

And I’m certain if he had all the best cards he would be rated about 1200 right? Why does he think guys rated 1100 plus have alot of quits? Because they are lucky or because they dispose of their opponent in an inning or so and the other guy quits and moves on. PLUS alot of the games on the game history shown are people playing against them in the extra innings mode. 

Comment by joeyfairplayer
4/23/2019 10:37AM PDT

I've tried explaining the Extra Innings thing and it's like talking to a wall. Maybe you'll have better luck than me lol. 

4/23/2019 10:39AM PDT

You realize the basis of your argument is like saying mike trout is the same hitter as chris davis -- because they both have the same babip luck when they hit the ball hard and they both get just as unlucky and lucky whenever they make contact. 

Your argument is like saying "In every at bat mike trout can either Get a hit or not get a hit therefore because there are two possible outcomes -- that is a 50% chance of happening. In Chris Davis's at-bats he can either get a hit or not get a hit -- so also only two results = 50% chance one happens. Same goes for every single player. Therefore Mike Trout = Chris Davis"

Comment by TheBaseballSwag
4/23/2019 9:13AM PDT

False.  If mike trout does everything possible to produce the right outcome.  He will get the right outcome more often then chris Davis based on his skill.  If you and I do everything to place the pci on the ball the outcome and we both place it each 10 times it will be 10 entirely different outcomes—-this means the game is based on chance. Your argument is terrible.  You are comparing this to real baseball.  It’s nothing at all like baseball.  

4/23/2019 10:40AM PDT

I guess many people have never heard of poker because it’s hard to follow, never the same guys at the end, too much luck involved 🙄

Comment by yankblan

WELL SAID SIR!

I have always said that those who have the best players in the game usually can't hit their way out of a bag. You often have to lean on your opponent's pitching tendencies, where they tend to get their hits from (Cause they are camping at the top or bottom of the zone) and adjust accordingly. I study my opponent for a while (3 innings or so) before making my move and changing my strategy, the exact same way I play poker....play the man, not his cards and you will win more often than not.... 

4/23/2019 10:42AM PDT

If you had the skillz you would understand. ;-)

Comment by tylerslikewhoa
4/23/2019 8:58AM PDT

You aren’t ranked online so you really don’t know what you are talking about in terms of gameplay.  Sorry...your opinion is not relevant if you haven’t played he game online.  

4/23/2019 10:46AM PDT

Comment by thizzlyadams

I wasn't whining in that post.

Well, I can't dispute that my team sucks.  However, shouldn't elite players be able to take teams like mine to the WS?  I don't think there is anyone that could get to the WS with that team.  Pretty sure I could get there with Trout, Mays, Hornsby, Rodriguez though.  I mean how hard can it be if Sweedy can make it?

4/23/2019 10:48AM PDT

Comment by yankblan

That makes too much sense for these whiners and that takes real skills, not just video game glitch skills.

4/23/2019 10:50AM PDT

I wasn't whining in that post.

Well, I can't dispute that my team sucks.  However, shouldn't elite players be able to take teams like mine to the WS?  I don't think there is anyone that could get to the WS with that team.  Pretty sure I could get there with Trout, Mays, Hornsby, Rodriguez though.  I mean how hard can it be if Sweedy can make it?

Comment by D_e_m_I_s_E
4/23/2019 10:48AM PDT

http://imgur.com/gallery/MSlhUyj

4/23/2019 10:52AM PDT

I’m having a tough time following the logic here, so everyone has the same lucky chance? Anyone can win? I would agree with that to a certain extent in a three inning game on all star but there is a skill gap for sure on user input on legend difficulty. To go along with the debate about teams, you don’t need a good team to make World Series I did it with an 85 ovr team with mainly golds.

4/23/2019 10:53AM PDT