You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Someone get this boy some milk LMAO

4/20/2019 6:39PM PDT

I use directional and I love it. I don’t like all that extra stuff on the screen. It looks better without a pci on the screen. 

4/20/2019 6:51PM PDT

Requires some skill. I have tried and it is not as constant. Some guys are experts. Just start pitching everything down. They will only hit grounders... the best ones will hit some down pitches... i have tried to do it and i have got some homeruns, but I have not been as constant as what i m used with zone...

4/20/2019 6:59PM PDT

You sound like an ignorant elitist. SDS emphasizes “play the way you want”. Let people use whatever interface they please. The pros and cons are very proportional to the difficulty of the interface. They’re also clearly laid out. 

Also, if you’re actually as good as you think you are, you should never lose to somebody using directional. 

4/20/2019 7:04PM PDT

Ive never played ranked seasons, but I kinda want to and use directional if I played this dude. He probably got cut in 10th grade and started playing video games to stroke his small ego on how “good” he is at baseball, all because when he was 10 he got a “homerun” . Which was actually on 4 errors by the other team.

4/20/2019 11:11PM PDT

I never said I was good. You are a clear example of what is wrong with this community. Some of us are just baseball fans. I’ve played less than 30 games ranked because that’s all my life allows. So sorry I don’t meet your standards to be able to speak. If you’re so elite, why can’t you beat someone using directional? I’ve tried it and can’t hit at all online when using it. So don’t see how it’s easier anyway. 

Comment by allmustfall16
4/20/2019 4:10PM PDT

Allmustfall, what a comeback!

Heres the guy saying you suck, in the mean time hes getting beat by directional users! Lmao what a tool the OP is

4/21/2019 12:08AM PDT

Please guys, before you comment make sure you reach 800 first.

4/21/2019 12:13AM PDT

I love this game and i love the fact that its about competing and whos the best but its the talent and skill what makes it what it is. From the timing and PCI placement and clutch moments to land a base hit, walk offs and throwing shutouts but theres a probelm when we allow the game to automatically do it for you!! I have lost so many times to ppl that cant land a hit for 7 innings pause the game then start to hit doubles and home runs. And u ask how do you know they switch or play on directional? 

Well ill tell you. When they constantly check swing because they cant get the timing right ( the hitter makes a constant motion as if about to attempt to swing every at bat), when u throw breaking balls like changeups and curveballs and they constantly do the animation where they do a stupid swing cuz they expecting fastball, even down to looking at the swing and u can tell if u know this game! 

I hate to complain but  u got players that actually use zone or analog and stride that do it themsleves and earn runs and hits by being good to be losing to others that literally jus press X or square and get hits and jammed okay bloopers to win or comback on us that display that skill. I understand that some cant play and u wanna make an easy feauture for them BUT NOT IN RANKED AND EVENTS!!! ITS TRULY UNFAIR AND F'd up! 

If u think about it it gives one an advantage on the other , a real upperhand when it should be equal and balanced where the real best and talented one wins!!

But SDS wont listen they never have to the community, as long as they get paid

Comment by LIMITLESS_RD
4/20/2019 3:51PM PDT

Sir this is a Wendy’s....

4/21/2019 12:14AM PDT

Please guys, before you comment make sure you reach 800 first.

Comment by the_qBan_1
4/21/2019 12:13AM PDT

Well crap... there goes my day...

4/21/2019 3:47AM PDT

Directional has a lot more Disadvantages than any other setting. You can foul a lot of pitches. About the only “advantage.” But you also foul off pitches down the middle that would be crushed with zone, sometimes missing the ball completely.

Have you played online using directional before? Maybe try it and you’ll see how much of a disadvantage you have.

Comment by KThug09
4/20/2019 3:58PM PDT

LOL if ur pci aint in the middle u wont crush anything

4/21/2019 4:21AM PDT

I don't use directional but if you want to start doing things like that, then stop people from having monitors to play on because it is an unfair advantage to the TV users. Don't really mean that but now you can start to see how ridiculous it can get to start stopping people getting an advantage somehow. Bottom line, you can't win all the time........

4/21/2019 5:37AM PDT

Everyone who posts on the Internet about this game would be 1562-0 if it weren't for x​​​​​​. Duh. 

4/21/2019 6:12AM PDT

Oh Lord another one of these threads? lol

Am I the only one that uses all three options? I usually start with analog but if my swing timing is just off that day I switch to directional. And if someone is spamming a certain pitch/spot I’ll switch to zone. 

They are all useful and good options. I just don’t get the hate this topic generates. Just play how you want and don’t worry about what other people do.

4/21/2019 6:18AM PDT

You’re a garbage player. Stop your poopin’, put on your big boy pants buy some life insurance because you’re getting killed in game. 

4/21/2019 6:27AM PDT

Any setting that allows you to hit a HR with your big toe while the controller is on the ground with your arms crossed should not be allowed in online competitive gameplay. 

4/21/2019 6:44AM PDT

Any setting that allows you to hit a HR with your big toe while the controller is on the ground with your arms crossed should not be allowed in online competitive gameplay. 

Comment by I_BringTheRain88
4/21/2019 6:44AM PDT

F that....If you can perfectly time up a SS Ryan fastball with your toe and put it out of the park...I will buy that man a beer!

4/21/2019 7:26AM PDT

I agree directional shouldn’t be in the game but I totally disagree with your take on check swings.  I’ve mastered the check swing over the years and I do Not use directional hitting.  

4/21/2019 7:30AM PDT

Agreed save that for road to the show bs.  That’s so stupid 

5/12/2019 3:49AM PDT

There is absolutely no benefit to playing directional. I absolutely hate the fact that I can't use zone. I cant multitask well enough to make sure the pitch is in the zone and match up the PCI and swing on time.

So unfortunately I am stuck using directional which sucks because I can clearly tell Zone is the better way to hit. Hell I don't even know if I'm using directional correctly...

5/12/2019 5:45AM PDT

How is this thread still going? lol

5/12/2019 5:57AM PDT