You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
8 216 Active 3 months ago

Anyone else notice how bad/inconsistent the check swing calls are this year? I’m not trying to complain about it not going my way, because it definitely goes both ways. It’s not even close though, if you look at your replays and check how often the umps are wrong. 

4/20/2019 2:57PM PDT

I think the umps call it based off of user input, not the animations. I’m pretty sure the animations are just messed up compared to the input.

4/20/2019 3:12PM PDT

Yes the animations have been messed up for a couple of years now, they don’t matter

4/20/2019 3:14PM PDT

They just need to take the discipline trait off the card and make it 100% user inputted for every card. I swear I completely mash the button sometimes and I'm just like "I guess I didn't swing". 

It even happens on balls I wish I would have actually went around on that I thought I was on.

Check swinging should not determine online competitive gameplay outcomes based on a "discipline stat."

4/20/2019 4:18PM PDT

Yes. The check swings are totally backwards. Gets on ones nerves after a while. 

4/25/2019 11:38AM PDT

I think the umps call it based off of user input, not the animations. I’m pretty sure the animations are just messed up compared to the input.

Comment by Shaneblue12
4/20/2019 3:12PM PDT

Not true. Plenty of times I tapped ‘x’ on pitches I know are out of the zone, and yet it will either swing through the pitch or get called a strike on check swing. Why? Why is it getting called a strike that I clearly checked knowing its going to be out of the zone, or even worse, why is it swinging through the pitch when I barely tapped it? Calls on check swinging is totally random, its garbage.

4/26/2019 10:01PM PDT

I have found lately, last week or so, it is almost impossible to check swing. I am one that loves to tap X. I kinda like it to taking a step or stride towards the pitch. But lately I can barely touch the button and I swing. Kinda removes that timing mechanism for me a bit. Makes it much more robotic/arcade game like.

4/26/2019 10:05PM PDT

I love this game. But this is one of the small things that drives me nuts. Half swing? No call. Bat barely leaves your shoulder? Strike! I wish they’d correct this and clean up the commentary. 

4/26/2019 10:49PM PDT