You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

after play testing the game in COTW for the past couple of days I think I can definitively state that the problem with lineouts has to do with how the PCI is registering hits. So what I have found over the course of the last few days is that it is impossible to get good or squared contact when you are under the ball I'm not sure why that is but you guys can all try it out for yourself if you get under the ball with good pci placement the feedback is going to say "okay contact" 90% of the time. Now if you get on top of the ball (even just by a tiny bit) you start to get a whole bunch of "good" and "squared" up contact results and you rarely see the "okay" contact result.

I have a bunch of problems with how this system currently works because it doesn't promote launch angles and does promote more lineouts. But at least I can say that I think that this is the main cause for frustration with this years hitting

Try it out for yourself

4/19/2019 7:38PM PDT

The sad part of this is that it probably means they will be unable to fix this problem until next year because I would assume it means going into the backend of the game and then sorting through all the code to eventually find out the one line of code that is causing this issue. Which sucks but at least SDS now has a starting place to start sorting through the code that involves the PCI and how it registers "weak" "good" "squared up". 

I think this would solve a lot of peoples issues if they can fix this problem.

Comment by windmillsfordayz
4/19/2019 7:55PM PDT

But the game felt fine at launch...

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ
4/19/2019 8:01PM PDT

I think that may be because we were all playing the game generally on the lower difficulties and none of us had pitchers with very high per 9s

Comment by mitchhammond24
4/19/2019 8:05PM PDT

Smaller PCI which mean getting on top of the ball puts the ball out of the PCI (or at least makes it very hard to keep the whole ball in the PCI) which leads to more weak contact results and less hits.

I think the problem has it do with the contact zone (the yellow shaded in area) of the PCI other then that it seems to be pretty consistent with what you would expect. 

4/19/2019 8:07PM PDT
See original thread.