You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

after play testing the game in COTW for the past couple of days I think I can definitively state that the problem with lineouts has to do with how the PCI is registering hits. So what I have found over the course of the last few days is that it is impossible to get good or squared contact when you are under the ball I'm not sure why that is but you guys can all try it out for yourself if you get under the ball with good pci placement the feedback is going to say "okay contact" 90% of the time. Now if you get on top of the ball (even just by a tiny bit) you start to get a whole bunch of "good" and "squared" up contact results and you rarely see the "okay" contact result.

I have a bunch of problems with how this system currently works because it doesn't promote launch angles and does promote more lineouts. But at least I can say that I think that this is the main cause for frustration with this years hitting

Try it out for yourself

4/19/2019 7:38PM PDT

Makes some sense. Ive found myself wondering why I'm getting Good or Squared up results and nice, beautiful line drives to the gaps for XBH's when I'm a little on top of the ball a few too many times lately. Could be a good find dude!

Edit: On top of the ball in the sense that the result should have been a ground ball or maybe even a weak chopper based on mediocre or bad pci placement. Just for clarification.

4/19/2019 7:42PM PDT

90 mph hit with Brock Holt labeled “okay”.

It one-hopped the wall....

4/19/2019 7:44PM PDT

The sad part of this is that it probably means they will be unable to fix this problem until next year because I would assume it means going into the backend of the game and then sorting through all the code to eventually find out the one line of code that is causing this issue. Which sucks but at least SDS now has a starting place to start sorting through the code that involves the PCI and how it registers "weak" "good" "squared up". 

I think this would solve a lot of peoples issues if they can fix this problem.

4/19/2019 7:55PM PDT

The sad part of this is that it probably means they will be unable to fix this problem until next year because I would assume it means going into the backend of the game and then sorting through all the code to eventually find out the one line of code that is causing this issue. Which sucks but at least SDS now has a starting place to start sorting through the code that involves the PCI and how it registers "weak" "good" "squared up". 

Comment by windmillsfordayz

Well I hope you're wrong then cuz if you're right and they can't fix it I won't be playing this game

4/19/2019 7:59PM PDT

But the game felt fine at launch...

4/19/2019 8:01PM PDT

But the game felt fine at launch...

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ
4/19/2019 8:01PM PDT

I think that may be because we were all playing the game generally on the lower difficulties and none of us had pitchers with very high per 9s

4/19/2019 8:05PM PDT

I think that may be because we were all playing the game generally on the lower difficulties and none of us had pitchers with very high per 9s

Comment by mitchhammond24
4/19/2019 8:05PM PDT

Smaller PCI which mean getting on top of the ball puts the ball out of the PCI (or at least makes it very hard to keep the whole ball in the PCI) which leads to more weak contact results and less hits.

I think the problem has it do with the contact zone (the yellow shaded in area) of the PCI other then that it seems to be pretty consistent with what you would expect. 

4/19/2019 8:07PM PDT

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show/950926-pci-wedge-good-timingvsearlyandlate.html

Comment by SaskatcheWHAT
4/19/2019 8:17PM PDT

I can't see what he posted but I assume to would be pretty similar to what I observed

4/19/2019 8:21PM PDT

I observed the opposite: the smaller the PCI, the more correlation between how I hit and the results. With big PCIs feels like hitting with marshmallowed bat

4/19/2019 8:42PM PDT

I observed the opposite: the smaller the PCI, the more correlation between how I hit and the results. With big PCIs feels like hitting with marshmallowed bat

Comment by yankblan
4/19/2019 8:42PM PDT

That's how it was for me last year but this year nothing I hot on legend is really hot hard even if I have good input on it

4/19/2019 10:04PM PDT

Bump for exposure

4/20/2019 9:58AM PDT

How much could it be the pitchers this year? Early on the lower difficulties would be easier to hit but getting up to the higher divisions and better teams could it be that they are all so overpowered?

4/20/2019 10:04AM PDT

somebody go to the link i provided. 

4/20/2019 12:28PM PDT

somebody go to the link i provided. 

Comment by SaskatcheWHAT
4/20/2019 12:28PM PDT

Just sceenshot the photo and post the image. I don't want to have to sign up for operation sports forum just to view the photos

4/20/2019 12:30PM PDT

If its a bug and they can patch it they will. 

4/20/2019 12:34PM PDT

i can't upload anything on this forum, i can only provide links.

4/20/2019 12:37PM PDT

You don't need to go to operation sports to look at some guy's conspiracy theory ideas about hitting.  There is a way in the game to look at feedback..  You go to batter analysis and you can see pci contact.  The hit chance goes as high as 15.  On hof+ all 15 and 14 hit chances are almost always outs.  On all-star even against a pitcher with 125 h/9 if you get a 15 squared up pci it is mostly going for a hit.  Hitting is broken hof+.  I have had someone argue that hitting on all-star is no different and broken as well, but they are definitely wrong.  Playing BR and batting against trevor Hoffman, if I get squared up pci its almost always a hit

4/20/2019 12:46PM PDT

You don't need to go to operation sports to look at some guy's conspiracy theory ideas about hitting.  There is a way in the game to look at feedback..  You go to batter analysis and you can see pci contact.  The hit chance goes as high as 15.  On hof+ all 15 and 14 hit chances are almost always outs.  On all-star even against a pitcher with 125 h/9 if you get a 15 squared up pci it is mostly going for a hit.  Hitting is broken hof+.  I have had someone argue that hitting on all-star is no different and broken as well, but they are definitely wrong.  Playing BR and batting against trevor Hoffman, if I get squared up pci its almost always a hit

Comment by drunk_wizard509
4/20/2019 12:46PM PDT

Yea this seems to generally be the consensus, and I agree as well. The game plays phenomenally on all-star. Once you bump it up to hof all bets are off. They gotta change something, because RS is gonna be a huge turn off for above average players in no time. 

4/20/2019 1:06PM PDT

after play testing the game in COTW for the past couple of days I think I can definitively state that the problem with lineouts has to do with how the PCI is registering hits. So what I have found over the course of the last few days is that it is impossible to get good or squared contact when you are under the ball I'm not sure why that is but you guys can all try it out for yourself if you get under the ball with good pci placement the feedback is going to say "okay contact" 90% of the time. Now if you get on top of the ball (even just by a tiny bit) you start to get a whole bunch of "good" and "squared" up contact results and you rarely see the "okay" contact result.

I have a bunch of problems with how this system currently works because it doesn't promote launch angles and does promote more lineouts. But at least I can say that I think that this is the main cause for frustration with this years hitting

Try it out for yourself

4/19/2019 7:38PM PDT

IF this is true this is probably a large factor in a lot of the outs being made considering in LAST YEAR's game, getting slightly under the ball was a recipe for homers with every single semi-powerful card in the game.

THanks for the research my man! Will definitely test it out

4/20/2019 1:31PM PDT

i literally just made a post on os showing exactly that!

conspiracy theories? im showing you guys how the pci works better than any analysis can. 

4/20/2019 1:43PM PDT

I wonder if they did this intentionally to help contact hitters. I hit one with Gary Sanchez that was perfect and was turned into a flyout in front of the 

4/20/2019 1:49PM PDT

i literally just made a post on os showing exactly that!

conspiracy theories? im showing you guys how the pci works better than any analysis can. 

Comment by SaskatcheWHAT
4/20/2019 1:43PM PDT

For the 5th time we are not going to sign up to OS just to see your pictures. If you truley did make them you should be able to A) Post a Screenshoot upload to imgur and then transfer it to here or B) just transfer the file over

4/20/2019 2:20PM PDT

Conspiracy?Like Ramone on the grassy knoll? 😜

Oh dear

4/20/2019 2:32PM PDT