You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

It’s crazy how you’ll be dominating someone the whole game and beating them by a good amount of runs and they only having 1-2 hits the whole game and then in the 9th no matter if it’s the same starting pitcher or if it’s one of the best relievers/closers in the game... they will start getting constant hits. 

4/18/2019 6:57AM PDT

It was like this in 18.

19, I have not noticed it as much

4/18/2019 6:59AM PDT

I would imagine if the starting pitcher is still in the game in the 9th, the pitch count would be up and he’d start being more recognizable... no?

4/18/2019 7:10AM PDT

Its in the game and SDS or people on this board can deny it all they want. The fact that the wheels fall off for no reason is proof enough and does not belong in a competitive online game. It should be all about skill.

4/18/2019 7:19AM PDT

LET ME GRAB MY TIN FOIL HAT GUYS

HOLD ON GOTTA MAKE IT FROM THE ALUMINUM WRAPPING DAD GOT ME

4/18/2019 7:20AM PDT

Comment by TheHungryHole

Look, IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS. NOT YOU, NOT ME, NOT SDS! CAN YOU NOT READ?

4/18/2019 7:28AM PDT

These are the most comical threads.  Can’t help but post some sort of sarcastic comment whenever I see them.  

Before you actually think there is comeback logic, take a step back and realize there is absolutely no way SDS would waste their time programming this into the game.  It would be a complete waste of time and resources.  There is no chance that they would.  With all the crap they take from the community, there is just no chance they would go through the trouble to code this into the game.  Sorry but it makes no sense.

My theory for why people lose leads is just common sense.  Maybe your opponent starts to figure out your patterns for pitching or just maybe they had a hard time hitting your starter and can read the reliever better. Or if you starter is still in there, maybe he’s getting tired.  There are a million other reasons for comebacks that make a lot more sense than the game has it in for you.

4/18/2019 7:29AM PDT

These conspiracy theorist guys need their own forum...

4/18/2019 7:32AM PDT

"Don't confuse me with facts, I've made up my mind."

4/18/2019 7:33AM PDT

It's worse against the CPU. They will foul off pitch after pitch when you can see they swung litearally NO WHERE NEAR the ball.... then they'll make weak contact on a pitch and put it in the game. 

4/18/2019 7:34AM PDT

Look, IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS. NOT YOU, NOT ME, NOT SDS! CAN YOU NOT READ?

Comment by ComebackLogic
4/18/2019 7:28AM PDT

hahahah we have derailed the whiner train all aboard the SH1TBUS

4/18/2019 7:38AM PDT

Comment by TheHungryHole

Why did you take it off in the first place? I thought that was your normal dress attire...

4/18/2019 7:48AM PDT

I wish we had comebacks in MLB. Oh wait, we have that, it’s a real thing. 😱

4/18/2019 8:00AM PDT

I must be the luckiest person in the world then considering I'm sitting in WS at 25-0

4/18/2019 8:04AM PDT

The earth is flat! It does not matter what anyone says. 

I must be the luckiest person in the world then considering I'm sitting in WS at 25-0

Comment by thizzlyadams

Not hard when Koogs quits 25 times to help you make WS and you have game shark as well.

4/18/2019 8:10AM PDT

Comment by thizzlyadams

You mean the "comeback logic" didn't get you Thizzly??? How is that possible???

4/18/2019 8:12AM PDT

Not hard when Koogs quits 25 times to help you make WS and you have game shark as well.

Comment by ComebackLogic
4/18/2019 8:10AM PDT

hahah game shark

he also has that Nintendo hotline number to give him tips and advice - its only 1.99 per minute

4/18/2019 8:17AM PDT

Comment by thizzlyadams

damn dude that is a ridiculous run right on

4/18/2019 8:17AM PDT

It’s crazy how you’ll be dominating someone the whole game and beating them by a good amount of runs and they only having 1-2 hits the whole game and then in the 9th no matter if it’s the same starting pitcher or if it’s one of the best relievers/closers in the game... they will start getting constant hits. 

Comment by anpo31023
4/18/2019 6:57AM PDT

While i do believe there is in-game DDA that nerfs the better player's contact/power and boosts the weaker player's to some extent, I don't think the comeback logic is programmed as much as the game mechanics are programmed in a way that comebacks are more likelye to happen. I explained it in a different thread but think about it. in the 7-9th innings, any one or more of the following things is happening that is giving the losing team an advantage.

1) Your SP's stamina is deteriorating making his control & effectiveness deteriorate. Control dwindles, Breaking balls break less etc - easier to hit. Also your opponent's PCIs start to gradually get bigger as an SP's stamina comes down.

2) You may have brought in an RP - and that RP has fresh mediocre confidence instead of the spike in confidence that your dominant SP had. Also, the RP may just be easier to hit than your SP

3) Losing teams start playing matchups with pinch hitters. Bringing in Lefties against your Righty SP/RP gives a clear advantage and may lead to more late-game hits also they aren't hitting with their pitchers anymore.

4) Losing teams get desperate and change up their hitting strategy. If they have been patient all game and are losing, they may start swinging earlier in the count which you may have noticed and had started grooving first pitch strikes.

5) Quirks - some players have late-inning comeback quirk advantages

6) Pitch Mix/Recognition improves over the course of the game. Your opponent has probably gotten used to your pitching cadence for first pitches to righties, to power guys, 0-2 pitches, fastball follow up pitches, your offspeed tendencies that you dont even know you subconsciously have.

7) You start pitching scared. Maybe you don't want to hit or walk lofton and give him a leadoff basestealer, so you err on the side of missing over the plate with more hittable pitches and boom a rally gets started.

that being said, SDS needn't implement much comeback logic when all of that is bound to happen. So if there is some sort of comeback engine, i suspect it is minor.

4/18/2019 8:19AM PDT

Has SDS ever addressed comeback logic?

@TheBaseballSwag, can you stop coming in here with logic and common sense please, we’re trying to get all hysterical and worked up. Also, in case the title eluded you - IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS THERE IS COMEBACK LOGIC IN DD!!!111!

**Air Horn**

4/18/2019 8:22AM PDT

Comment by ImBeater

Yep and they said their isn't any.  Shocker people just can't handle choking and or taking their L's like a man.

4/18/2019 8:22AM PDT

Comment by ImBeater

Yes, many times @Adam_SDS has come in here to clearly say there is no such thing but the conspiracy continues...

4/18/2019 8:23AM PDT

Yes, many times @ADAM_SDS has come in here to clearly say there is no such thing but the conspiracy continues...

Comment by jreypr
4/18/2019 8:23AM PDT

He’s lying or just isn’t in the know.   sorry.  Happens way too often.  I’ve been playing this game way to long too not recognize...

ill give you an example.  That helped me.  I was facing kershaw and I was right on ALOT OF PITCHES that were getting hit to the defense.  Perfect pci with perfect timing.  Then in the 9th he walks a batter...which I could tell was not intentional because the dude was in the zone all game...and then I get a double off a late weak hit that goes oppo field in a gap.  To win.  If that’s not the game deciding game outcomes and using Comeback logic I don’t know what is.  

4/18/2019 8:29AM PDT