You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

This year there has been a big issue in my opinion. Almost Every game I have played, my opponent has used pure analog or directional hitting. This is the biggest cop out for online play ive seen in any game. A trend I have seen lately for myself, a zone hitter, is massive hit amounts and lack of run support. On the other hand I’m seeing these pure analog hitters foul off balls in dirt the whole game getting 4 hits and 3 runs all off solo blasts. Now... On an online format, there needs to be one type of hitting. Not 3 different ways to put an opponent immediately at a disadvantage. Last year this was more battle royale oriented. This year i have seen it leak over into the ranked seasons. This is terrible for the game. I’m not saying eliminate the 3 hitting styles from the game. You should be able to use it in any offline games. But in an online game make it one of the three. I don’t care at this point which one it is. I would think naturally it would be zone since it’s the rawest form of locating with pci and timing with buttons or stick. 

4/16/2019 10:30AM PDT

This debate has already been WAY overplayed. When it comes down to it, they're not going to get rid of hitting styles, nor should they. The advantages and disadvantages of each style are plain and clear (and fair in my opinion). People are allowed to play how they want, plain and simple. Do I think directional is stupid? Yes, because you have less control over something that you seem to already have little control over. However, if you looked at the leaderboards, and asked each and every one of them what hitting style they used, almost every single one would say zone. 

4/16/2019 10:35AM PDT
See original thread.