You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Please throw strikes.

4/14/2019 7:34AM PDT

Dear moments

I don’t have streamer time to put into each one. Please go away. Cool idea but totally dumb gameplay. 

4/14/2019 8:20AM PDT

I bet if we as a community just ignored Storyline Moments and only Storyline Moments, it would be unanimous that Moments are a success.  I gave up on Storyline very earli but I thing the Innings Moments and Topps Now moments are awesome.

4/14/2019 8:26AM PDT

“it’s supposed to be difficult” SDS said

”I like being challenged because I don’t like mindlessly grinding”- every sony partner in stream 

i’m not asking for these to be easy, i’m asking for them not to be random and not to be impossible. 

wonder if any of the devs have done the cubs pitching moment? doubt it because i’m not thinking that one is possible

4/14/2019 8:30AM PDT

Home run missions ARE mindless grinding, because the sliders are so fudged that getting a home run is more about luck than skill.

And having to repeat the same at-bats with the same batters over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over is worse than in 18 where at least you could work on multiple guys at the same time and feel like you were slowly getting somewhere.

4/14/2019 8:50AM PDT

I agree with dynnk, I think the Topps Now Moments are better for some reason, I did most of them last night and I, like many, struggled with many of the initial launch moments and don’t have much desire to do them.  I do love the concept of Moments, I just want the gameplay to mirror other modes. 

4/14/2019 8:59AM PDT

I do fine with pitching moments and stat hitting moments that don't involve home runs. The HR moments are extremely frustrating.

I think better players are able to handle these more easily. It's frustrating for us mere mortals. :)

4/14/2019 9:04AM PDT

I do fine with pitching moments and stat hitting moments that don't involve home runs. The HR moments are extremely frustrating.

I think better players are able to handle these more easily. It's frustrating for us mere mortals. :)

Comment by Qeltar_

It took me an embarrassing amount of retrying to hit a HR with Sanchez against Sale.  There was no such thing as hitters counts with Sale, it could have been 3-1, bases loaded and he’d still throw something off speed right on the black.  

4/14/2019 9:28AM PDT

That Dansby Swanson one had me like what. It’s just the amount of balls thrown that drives me nuts , got hit like 3 times, lol. I don’t want mindless grinds but I don’t want to work the count 3-2 against the cpu. 

4/14/2019 2:42PM PDT

I bet if we as a community just ignored Storyline Moments and only Storyline Moments, it would be unanimous that Moments are a success.  I gave up on Storyline very earli but I thing the Innings Moments and Topps Now moments are awesome.

Comment by dynnk
4/14/2019 8:26AM PDT

I’m sure they’ll have much bigger and better rewards soon. Hopefully the Topps now are good, the missions seem easier but Storylines are probably going to get an update with the next inning program. I’m sure after a while a lot of the grinds will be worth it. 

4/14/2019 3:15PM PDT

I bet their is a Griffey storyline that is more frustrating than any of these current ones. And maybe pitcher ones too, “hit two hr in back to back at bats with pitchers artificially buffed to 99 hr/9” or “ get “6 strike outs in two innings with rookie Rollie fingers  agianst Tony Gwynn and other high contact guys”

4/14/2019 3:22PM PDT

I've given up on all of the moments. Even if a 99 Griffey was offered I still wouldn' touch any of these. Anything to do with boss missions for 2nd inning program I'll mess with, but won't go after any moments anymore. Plus for 150 stubs and 100 xp I'll just grind the CPU on rookie and get 10x that

4/14/2019 5:00PM PDT

Add me to the 'not a fan' list. I've done many of the single at-bat/single game ones as you can just repeat them over and over until you get lucky enough to finish it, but the multi game ones? Forget it. I'm not investing an hour or two or more on a mission just to fail, start over and get nothing to show for it.

Got to love the randomness of some of these moments, though. Had one mission where you needed multiple hits/stats in a game. I figured I was out of luck after my 8th inning AB. Then, we go to extras. "Yes! I get one last shot!" I'm happy I may actually get that last base hit I need... then I get drilled in the back with the pitch. womp womp.

That Aaron Judge mission where you start an AB 0-2 and need to hit a walkoff home run? Pitcher throws a slider in the dirt, it gets away from the catcher. The runner takes off for third, catcher throws the ball away trying to nab him. Runner scores. Moment over. I couldn't help but laugh after that.

4/14/2019 6:00PM PDT

My wife got the hr's topps moments done for me lol.  She's a keeper.

4/14/2019 6:28PM PDT

I’d be totally fine with them being difficult IF they actually told us the right difficulty. Those moments are not on Veteran or All Star or whatever they’re claiming. I’ll struggle to hit in Moments with a juiced card, then I’ll go on conquest on All Star with my gold/silver team and absolutely rake.

Again I don’t mind them being difficult. But if it says hit 1 HR with Andre Dawson (100+ power) on Veteran, it shouldn’t take me 30+ tries. 

4/14/2019 8:03PM PDT

Just hilarious trying to do a home run moment or total bases ...and keep getting plunked every at bat....Lmfao.

4/15/2019 8:51AM PDT

I play on a big tv. Old school I know. But I can’t rationalize a monitor with a fast response time. I’m somewhat convinced that these are a little easier on a monitor vs TV. I have no evidence of this, but regardless when I start my swing, I can’t seem to hit. On any level. 

Or i’m Trash. Either way. 

4/15/2019 1:20PM PDT

I've given up on all of the moments. Even if a 99 Griffey was offered I still wouldn' touch any of these. Anything to do with boss missions for 2nd inning program I'll mess with, but won't go after any moments anymore. Plus for 150 stubs and 100 xp I'll just grind the CPU on rookie and get 10x that

Comment by ETB0910
4/14/2019 5:00PM PDT

orr....... ya know...... lol

4/15/2019 1:23PM PDT

Comment by Qeltar_

Don't forget the ones that require RBI with you having no control of how many people are in scording position

Or the Musial "get a run" one that was just when the guys batting after you would let you score.

4/15/2019 1:32PM PDT

I’d be totally fine with them being difficult IF they actually told us the right difficulty. Those moments are not on Veteran or All Star or whatever they’re claiming. I’ll struggle to hit in Moments with a juiced card, then I’ll go on conquest on All Star with my gold/silver team and absolutely rake.

Again I don’t mind them being difficult. But if it says hit 1 HR with Andre Dawson (100+ power) on Veteran, it shouldn’t take me 30+ tries. 

Comment by WDK19
4/14/2019 8:03PM PDT

Absolutely agree  , storylines that say veteran difficulty are not at all. If they are Hof or legend say so, so they aren’t so frigging frustrating to attempt over and over again. 

4/15/2019 1:55PM PDT

The issue is player lock. I’m going to harp on this until someone at SDS acknowledges it.

4/15/2019 2:47PM PDT