You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

So, if you don't like Moments (which they really screwed up m BTW), then I can totally see running out of things to do. I've already beaten all 4 Conquest maps, I don't really have the time to play online, so what else is there really to work at? Another Conquest run? Meh. M2O? A HUGE time sink for zero rewards unless you win it all (and you're at the mecy of the CPU in a lot of these cases).

Listen, if you fix the Moments. And by fix, I mean:

a) Make it so your supporting players actually help in pursuit of the goal - for example, if you need RBI's , actually put men on base for us to drive in

b) State the PROPER difficulty based on the internal sliders, so we know what we are playing before spending hours to complete a 6 game "Moment" (sort of contrdicts the word "Moment" to have a 6 game long mission

c) Give us some credit for towards missions that are more than 1 game long or allow us to save and retry a mission in the middle (with maybe some sort of penalty or something) but at least make it so we don't have to keep restarting the thing over and over

Also, if you revamp M2O.... Playing an entire season of M2O, having your fate in the game controlled by other players that the CPU sims, only to wind up with absolutley nothijng (no affinity innings, no rewards, etc) if you don't win ??? That's awful. If they revised this mode so that you could either continue from a previous point or at least give you rewards based on your performance (other than winning the WS), people would become invested.

You gave us 2 modes that people in general just stay away from....

So yes, I can see people who don't play a lot of online or events basically having nothing new to do....but if you make these fixes, maybe your customers won't be bored 2 weeks after release with a game that's supposed to last at least 6-7 months

4/12/2019 7:56AM PDT

Nothing to do? Fire up Franchise mode and play every game. There is your 6-7 months worth of gaming. 

4/12/2019 8:04AM PDT

I posted a fix for the M2O problem.  Give points for playing out the season even if it is only like 10.  More points like 10 for making the playoffs.  Then points for winning WS and difficulty.  This way people don't feel like they wasted their time if they don't win the WS.  Even the season seems to be a 6-8 hour grind.  

p.s.  I am not complaining and not lying to my knowledge.

4/12/2019 8:04AM PDT

You beat all 4 Conquest maps but don't have time to play online?  That confuses the crap out of me.  I'm trying not to get bored so I just scatter about the modes I am playing.  A little RS here, some Conquest there, failing at some Moments kills a good amount of time haha.  I refuse to do M2O because I just don't see the point when the rewards aren't worth the time.  I have to say, without Programs to grind out it's made me play online more and that's not necessarily a bad thing, except for that one god squad that mercy'd me haha.  

4/12/2019 8:08AM PDT

So, if you don't like Moments (which they really screwed up m BTW), then I can totally see running out of things to do. I've already beaten all 4 Conquest maps, I don't really have the time to play online, so what else is there really to work at? Another Conquest run? Meh. M2O? A HUGE time sink for zero rewards unless you win it all (and you're at the mecy of the CPU in a lot of these cases).

Listen, if you fix the Moments. And by fix, I mean:

a) Make it so your supporting players actually help in pursuit of the goal - for example, if you need RBI's , actually put men on base for us to drive in

b) State the PROPER difficulty based on the internal sliders, so we know what we are playing before spending hours to complete a 6 game "Moment" (sort of contrdicts the word "Moment" to have a 6 game long mission

c) Give us some credit for towards missions that are more than 1 game long or allow us to save and retry a mission in the middle (with maybe some sort of penalty or something) but at least make it so we don't have to keep restarting the thing over and over

Also, if you revamp M2O.... Playing an entire season of M2O, having your fate in the game controlled by other players that the CPU sims, only to wind up with absolutley nothijng (no affinity innings, no rewards, etc) if you don't win ??? That's awful. If they revised this mode so that you could either continue from a previous point or at least give you rewards based on your performance (other than winning the WS), people would become invested.

You gave us 2 modes that people in general just stay away from....

So yes, I can see people who don't play a lot of online or events basically having nothing new to do....but if you make these fixes, maybe your customers won't be bored 2 weeks after release with a game that's supposed to last at least 6-7 months

Comment by JasonsFather
4/12/2019 7:56AM PDT

I love moments. The more I fail at them the more pumped and obsessed I get trying to beat them.

A) I can agree with A. Nothing like having to rack up a bunch of RBI and never having people on base.

B) Even 6 game long moments are usually only 4-5 at bats and don't take a long time. While the hitting stats may be nerfed for the moments pitching vs CPU is certainly the difficulty they state it is. Most moments you can just pound fastballs down their throat and they whiff.

C) These are challenges for a reason. You can restart a mission if you don't like how you started off in the first game. If i have to get a certain amount of stats I make sure I get a decent amount in the first game or I will just reset the series. I do agree maybe giving you some of the reward for knocking out some of the stats for instance if you have to get 3 HRs then as soon as you hit 1 HR you get 1/3 of the reward and get the rest as you hit the other milestones.

4/12/2019 1:41PM PDT

If you complete all moments on the diffuculty level SDS set then you should be able to start over at a higher diffuculty with new rewards.

4/12/2019 1:45PM PDT

You bring up good points, especially about rewarding progress or partial completion. I really don’t get why the difficulty issue hasn’t been fixed, clearly there’s sliders in play or just an incorrect setting, I can’t fathom why SDS won’t acknowledge or fix this

4/12/2019 1:47PM PDT

They’ve effectively ruined the content for anyone who isn’t a 24/7 sweat or mindless cpu grinder. Where is the fun? I don’t mind competitive online but I don’t need to do it all day to feel good about myself, I don’t mind playing the CPU on legend for a challenge but why? 

My favorite part was doing missions online as a challenge. 4/4 with Griffey was still the most satisfying moment of any show game for me. That’s completely gone.

I loved doing future stars, rookie, and allstar  programs online. If it was to tough to finish I just played a few CPU games. Those are now gone.

Why do I have all these allstars and rookies and vets? There is no point. Those missions are gone.

Where are the rewards for anything? 7000 XP for collecting dozens of diamond cards and an entire division? I could just play 5 games. None of the content makes sense. 

4/12/2019 1:52PM PDT

Keep thins in mind, this is the first year for moments & M2O their not going to get it perfect on the first try, it'll improve in the second year, & the 3rd, ect, ect.

Their listening to us and looking at data, it will improve.

4/12/2019 2:01PM PDT

Keep thins in mind, this is the first year for moments & M2O their not going to get it perfect on the first try, it'll improve in the second year, & the 3rd, ect, ect.

Their listening to us and looking at data, it will improve.

Comment by fsh8675301
4/12/2019 2:01PM PDT

Thats funny, I dont recall people clamoring for DD submodes that have nothing to do with DD and dont use their DD team in any way what so ever. Moments suck, If I wanted to play road to the show, I would. MTO sucks, if I wanted to play franchise mode, I would.  Unless you play online, there is almost nothing to do, there are zero reasons to play vs cpu or do much of anything. 

The two things they did add that people had been asking for years for were multiple lineups and to track challenges in game. Unfortunately they removed any reason for anyone to need these additions because there are no challenges to be working towards. It makes no sense. 

Certainly seems like this game is heading to a place where they lose my business between trying to nickel and dime us with souvenirs last year and forcing me to play games with streamers(which is awesome for the streamers,but jesus christ man, thats somethign I would expect out of fortnite but even they arent that bad). 

But dont worry, this weeks content includes an event for an 80 overall card and some moments for a silver card that also comes with 100 xp and 60 stubs. COOL!

4/12/2019 2:40PM PDT

Their not a thing wrong with MTO or moments ?

4/12/2019 2:49PM PDT

Thats funny, I dont recall people clamoring for DD submodes that have nothing to do with DD and dont use their DD team in any way what so ever. Moments suck, If I wanted to play road to the show, I would. MTO sucks, if I wanted to play franchise mode, I would.  Unless you play online, there is almost nothing to do, there are zero reasons to play vs cpu or do much of anything. 

The two things they did add that people had been asking for years for were multiple lineups and to track challenges in game. Unfortunately they removed any reason for anyone to need these additions because there are no challenges to be working towards. It makes no sense. 

Certainly seems like this game is heading to a place where they lose my business between trying to nickel and dime us with souvenirs last year and forcing me to play games with streamers(which is awesome for the streamers,but jesus christ man, thats somethign I would expect out of fortnite but even they arent that bad). 

But dont worry, this weeks content includes an event for an 80 overall card and some moments for a silver card that also comes with 100 xp and 60 stubs. COOL!

Comment by mike_ph
4/12/2019 2:40PM PDT

Because they aren’t DD submodes.  This is the problem:  these people that think the game is all about DD whine and complain about things that have nothing to do with DD.  Moments and M2O are stand alone modes with no connection to DD.  Yes you get some rewards that you can use in DD, but that’s the same with every mode.  No one is forcing you to play these...

4/13/2019 12:39PM PDT