You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

and just wondered why I should grind 20 hours to upgrade at one position?  I have grinded conquest which was like 12 hours for a mediocre person.  Did MTO on all star for Buhner then had to do the cpu innings still for another probably 14 hours for a player that will probably be useless at the higher levels.  Did MTO on hof and got completely bent over the rail.  Another 10-12 hours for nothing.  I have probably played this game for 200 hours and barely have a better team than when I started.  Think I will go back to playing PUBG.  Game is just not very rewarding as far as playing time to rewards.  Would be nice to get a bone every once in a while but that seems too much to ask.

4/9/2019 6:26AM PDT

They are literally handing out diamonds this year... 

4/9/2019 6:29AM PDT

I personally don't consider Ty Cobb mediocre. But I preferred the multiple cards you used to be able to win in conquest in previous years. If they are only going to give one or two cards for the main Conquest map then swap them out monthly (like you do with tthe online modes) so that I can earn another diamond next month. 

March to October being all or nothing is a mistake in my opinion. I am only playing on veteran and it is still stressful now that I have made it to the playoffs. 

4/9/2019 6:35AM PDT

bro, you cry and cry instead of playing the game smarter. I spent 70 for the MVP edition and haven't spent another dollar and my team has about 5 diamonds already quit the crying about how bad your team is and do something about it or move on to PUBG. 

4/9/2019 6:36AM PDT

CAP is an easy diamond.

The rest are grinding. If your good at the game, BR is an option as well

4/9/2019 6:37AM PDT

They are literally handing out diamonds this year... 

Comment by Namtrah22
4/9/2019 6:29AM PDT

Guess I missed those hand outs.  Besides the choose 1 of 30, seems like the same game.  No big deal, just not going to grind as much this year.  Gets tiresome grinding 20 hours for EVERY player you get.  Guess you wouldn't understand unless you have had no diamond pulls or post game.  The people that did not pull any pack diamonds or post game know what I am talking about.  Just to upgrade 1 player is 20 hours of grinding.  Way too much time for every position.

4/9/2019 6:38AM PDT

Guess I missed those hand outs.  Besides the choose 1 of 30, seems like the same game.  No big deal, just not going to grind as much this year.  Gets tiresome grinding 20 hours for EVERY player you get.  Guess you wouldn't understand unless you have had no diamond pulls or post game.  The people that did not pull any pack diamonds or post game know what I am talking about.  Just to upgrade 1 player is 20 hours of grinding.  Way too much time for every position.

Comment by D_e_m_I_s_E
4/9/2019 6:38AM PDT

Just simply not true. You get the choice of 4 diamond players by the time you hit silver level. If you think this is bad or a “grind” you must not have played previous years. There are so many ways to build your team but it sounds like you just want everything handed to you. Didn’t even know people still play PUBG but have fun with that.

4/9/2019 6:43AM PDT

If you had just spent that time playing online you would already have an insane team. I played a ton of event games got 3 12 win runs sold those diamonds and bought players that fit my team. Playing those games plus doing the twenty and thirty player collections got me through the bronze xp so I have those two players. Plus the preorder packs were solid so 3 weeks in I feel like I have a mid summer team. 

4/9/2019 6:46AM PDT

Just simply not true. You get the choice of 4 diamond players by the time you hit silver level. If you think this is bad or a “grind” you must not have played previous years. There are so many ways to build your team but it sounds like you just want everything handed to you. Didn’t even know people still play PUBG but have fun with that.

Comment by Namtrah22

Not to mention by Silver 1 you also have enough stubs to either buy more players or bust some packs.

4/9/2019 6:47AM PDT

You can also work the market to buy diamonds without investing real life money or in game hours. It takes super minimal effort to make like 10k stubbs a day if you look at market trends. I haven't even really invested much time in flipping and I comfortably hover around 50k and have done a solid chunk of the lesser collections. These give you some good golds and eventually decent diamonds whether they're live series cards or the collection rewards. 

All the while you're passively gringing the xp rewards in the background which give you end game cards 2 weeks into the games cycle. 

4/9/2019 6:53AM PDT

What is your starting line up and what is your Xp level ? 

4/9/2019 6:55AM PDT

Idk if you’re mentally slow, physically slow, or whatever but you’re definitely slow. 12 hours for conquest? 14+ to finish a team affinity? Stop complaining and move a little quicker. 

4/9/2019 6:57AM PDT

I understand what you are saying, but you also need to realize that we are 2 weeks into the game. Its not like you are just gonna be able to get a great team at the beginning of the game because they wanna keep the game fresh rather than grind grind and more grinding.

Lol just searched your gamer tag to see the time stats, you’ve played 24 hours, lmao you’re actually out here acting like you’ve put 60+ hours in to grinding out cards.

4/9/2019 6:59AM PDT

Diamonds are from XP Reward Path also so they are giving chances for free diamonds so not my fault yur not lvl 50 yet.

It will take time and patience for you to get a good team. That's what I did in 18 and almost had a full immortal team considering I started 18 in June and have not put a penny 18 ( doing the same for 19 )

4/9/2019 7:01AM PDT

I mean, you could always just enjoy playing the game with, gasp, some golds and silvers in your lineup. There’s a lot of viable cards in the game right now. 

4/9/2019 7:01AM PDT

Team affinities take 2-3 hours tops. If it’s taking any longer you’re doing something wrong

4/9/2019 7:03AM PDT

You can also work the market to buy diamonds without investing real life money or in game hours. It takes super minimal effort to make like 10k stubbs a day if you look at market trends. I haven't even really invested much time in flipping and I comfortably hover around 50k and have done a solid chunk of the lesser collections. These give you some good golds and eventually decent diamonds whether they're live series cards or the collection rewards. 

All the while you're passively gringing the xp rewards in the background which give you end game cards 2 weeks into the games cycle. 

Comment by Fourth-Line4life
4/9/2019 6:53AM PDT

Unless you're flipping flawless rewards all day (which the analytics say no one is), this is a lie.

4/9/2019 7:06AM PDT

Team affinities take 2-3 hours tops. If it’s taking any longer you’re doing something wrong

Comment by turtleopolis
4/9/2019 7:03AM PDT

Unless you are doing the exchanges please explain 2-3 hours? The exchanges require stubs to even begin. And here is a News Flash, some people don't enjoy flipping cards

Playing innings requires 30 full nine inning games with a complete roster of that team's players. Even at a conservative 45 minutes a game that is 23 hours.  

While I don't agree with the OP on the subject, telling people that they are doing it wrong because they may choose one method of earning the team affinity's over another is just wrong.

4/9/2019 7:12AM PDT

Comment by Namtrah22

Got Pepe two years ago and had 4 immortals last year.  Good call though. 

4/9/2019 7:16AM PDT

Idk if you’re mentally slow, physically slow, or whatever but you’re definitely slow. 12 hours for conquest? 14+ to finish a team affinity? Stop complaining and move a little quicker. 

Comment by Concon3400

12 hours for the main conquest map is about normal. At the bare minimum you have to play 30 - 3 inning games. A game takes roughly 20 minutes. that is 10 hours right there if you don't have extra inning games, don't bother to steal fans and never have a stronghold attacked. Add in an hour or two of simming the three hundred plus hexes around the map and you are adding an hour or two to the total.

12 hours is actually a good estimate.

4/9/2019 7:18AM PDT

This just seems like an attention grab. I haven't spent a dime and I easily have the best team I've had in any of the past years since I started playing. The game is basically giving away diamonds and golds, so long as you just play. 

I doubt your team is as bad as you think they are, and my guess is you're just posting on here to screw around and get rises out of people. 

4/9/2019 7:19AM PDT

12 hours for the main conquest map is about normal. At the bare minimum you have to play 30 - 3 inning games. A game takes roughly 20 minutes. that is 10 hours right there if you don't have extra inning games, don't bother to steal fans and never have a stronghold attacked. Add in an hour or two of simming the three hundred plus hexes around the map and you are adding an hour or two to the total.

12 hours is actually a good estimate.

Comment by Dolenz
4/9/2019 7:18AM PDT

I suppose you could extended it that long, I know op probably didn’t do it though because he only has 24 hours logged in DD but claims he’s spent much longer grinding. Previous years conquest didn’t take 12 hours for me, haven’t tried this year tho.

4/9/2019 7:22AM PDT

Got Pepe two years ago and had 4 immortals last year.  Good call though. 

Comment by D_e_m_I_s_E
4/9/2019 7:16AM PDT

So what are you b*tching about? There’s no grind this year you simply need to play the game. Don’t come on here and moan and pout.

4/9/2019 7:23AM PDT

If you had just spent that time playing online you would already have an insane team. I played a ton of event games got 3 12 win runs sold those diamonds and bought players that fit my team. Playing those games plus doing the twenty and thirty player collections got me through the bronze xp so I have those two players. Plus the preorder packs were solid so 3 weeks in I feel like I have a mid summer team. 

Comment by pfcorporate
4/9/2019 6:46AM PDT

Yea, online play seems to be the way to go this year.  I think you over estimate just how many people can win 12 games in events and BR.  It is very few when you consider the amount of people playing.  I would say way less than 1%.  

Don't like my team, got no diamond pulls, spent 12 hours or so (sorry didn't time it exactly) for a crap conquest reward, spent around 12 hours on a hof m2o grind with nothing to show.  You could say I am irritated with this game.  I think most people would be in these circumstances.

4/9/2019 7:23AM PDT