You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I know we are just a week into the season...but the Mariners are a pretty good team for a team that's basically rebuilding...they never expand the zone and really hit the mistake pitches. I wouldn't be suprised if they got a wild card spot. They shelled the red sox...

4/2/2019 7:31AM PDT

They have been a surprise so far ... But time will tell, season is a marathon so hopefully they can keep it up for the long haul ... 17 year drought for the playoffs, it’s been brutal ... 

4/2/2019 12:20PM PDT

They have been a surprise so far ... But time will tell, season is a marathon so hopefully they can keep it up for the long haul ... 17 year drought for the playoffs, it’s been brutal ... 

Comment by boogiewithstu2
4/2/2019 12:20PM PDT

it would be great for the fans of the city...theyve been waiting for a lonnggggg time

4/2/2019 12:29PM PDT

it would be great for the fans of the city...theyve been waiting for a lonnggggg time

Comment by SwaggyD4803
4/2/2019 12:29PM PDT

Coudn't agree more ...   🍻

4/2/2019 3:11PM PDT

I know we are just a week into the season...but the Mariners are a pretty good team for a team that's basically rebuilding...they never expand the zone and really hit the mistake pitches. I wouldn't be suprised if they got a wild card spot. They shelled the red sox...

Comment by SwaggyD4803
4/2/2019 7:31AM PDT

Mariners arent going anywhere they are trash... Red Sox just got smacked up thats it.. Thats like me saying Ooo the Orioles might not be so bad this season....No, the Yankees just lost

4/2/2019 3:18PM PDT

Mariners arent going anywhere they are trash... Red Sox just got smacked up thats it.. Thats like me saying Ooo the Orioles might not be so bad this season....No, the Yankees just lost

Comment by Liljayne300

In a game of inches there is a little more than a yard to this year's Mariners. Chips on shoulders man.

4/2/2019 3:22PM PDT

Comment by Liljayne300

Took the words right out of my mouth.

4/2/2019 3:31PM PDT

I attended the Saturday Sox M’s game. It should be pointed out that Chris Sale, E-Rod, Porcello AND Eovaldi all got roughed up by Seattle hitting.

Sure, our bullpen has as many holes as Swiss cheese, and our defence looks like the bad news bears sometimes, but the M’s have 10 stolen bases and 16 home runs after 8 games.

If they keep scoring 6 runs a game, they will continue to win a lot of games.

If they had any kind of bullpen at all, the M’s would have swept the Sox this weekend.

4/2/2019 3:43PM PDT

Comment by Liljayne300

You don't know if they're trash yet, that takes time, season is a looooooooong one ...  They coulda found some chemistry, which can happen, right guy's in the locker room, right coaches...  They have team speed, good hitters, pitching might end up being and issue over time, but we'll see.. 

4/2/2019 3:44PM PDT

You don't know if they're trash yet, that takes time, season is a looooooooong one ...  They coulda found some chemistry, which can happen, right guy's in the locker room, right coaches...  They have team speed, good hitters, pitching might end up being and issue over time, but we'll see.. 

Comment by boogiewithstu2
4/2/2019 3:44PM PDT

Starting pitching is pretty solid. The pen is the biggest hole right now. That plus team defence. 

But I agree. 154 games still to be played.

4/2/2019 3:58PM PDT

Starting pitching is pretty solid. The pen is the biggest hole right now. That plus team defence. 

But I agree. 154 games still to be played.

Comment by halfbutt
4/2/2019 3:58PM PDT

Spot on .. bullpen does keep giving up leads, that's an area where they need to improve or it's gonna come back to bite them as the season rolls on ... 

4/2/2019 4:35PM PDT