You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

The Show 17 Make Good and Server Update

We take pride in developing and delivering an excellent gaming experience every year for our fans. This year is no different. Unfortunately, we’re less than happy with unexpected server issues that have accompanied the launch of MLB The Show 17 and know you are too – for this we apologize.

We’ve been working without pause to address a number of server and gameplay issues to restore the online experience we had hoped to achieve at launch. Some of these changes have been made visible to our community in the form of patches and in-game messages, while other upgrades haven’t been publicized, in the form of back end server updates.

We’re pleased to report that these updates have made great strides to address the main issues related to online gameplay and have led to an improved gameplay experience for our fans.

As a token of apology, as well as a thank you to our dedicated community for helping us identify these issues and for your patience as we’ve worked to address them, we are extending a make good to anyone who meets the criteria outlined below.

Every PSN ID which played The Show 17 between 3/28 at 12:01 am PT and May 11 at 1:00pm PT, will receive 10 Standard Packs and 11,000 Stubs automatically added to their account.  Please note that the make good will be deployed into all effected users account within a week.

Once again, we want to thank you for your passion and loyalty.

We’ll see you on the diamond!

The Show Dev Team

Comments

• 4 months ago

This is still hard to swallow. I don't want to sound unappreciative but this year's release was much more frustrating than last year's already troubling release, possibly because there was a larger focus to online play, and we're getting the same compensation.

It kind of feels like our frustration gets manipulated and you do the bare minimum to appease your fan base each year.

A pack of bronze and Commons with an extreme outside chance of a usable card doesn't make me want to jump back and be enthusiastic about this game. And nothing about this process has inspired me to trust your products and future releases. Very unlikely that I will be purchasing the show 18.

• 4 months ago

I disagree because any other game or company in general wouldn't do something like this, so you should be grateful that even if it is the bare minimum there was compensation

-29
    • 4 months ago

I would have much preferred an honest apology of how embarassing the last 2 releases have been, and maybe some kind of "apology program" that came with a BR entry, and you had to play a couple games in each mode to experience how they've fixed the problem... and then maybe make the reward a random diamond live series player. This would help deflate the market a bit and would get people back into the game because theyve experienced the problems being solved.

The packs and stubs feel lazy. Like last year there were server issues, and if I were them I would make it priority 1 to have that not happen again, but instead the issues were intensified both in frequency and degree because they built the game even more around online play. With all that, their regret doesn't seem to show through. They had less communication with the community this year during the problems, and it's almost like its just an exchange that will become normalized; they release a broken, faulty product only to put out some blanket and impersonal apology while also giving the same compensation, which isn't even accurate because pack odds and market prices are worse this year.

And you are right, other companies wouldn't release a game with this many issues; they would beta test and solve these kinds of things before the game is released.

• 4 months ago

I would have preferred a apology....that came with a diamond....then the market could deflate....so I get more diamonds.....yup server issues seem like a big issue to you.

• 4 months ago

I'm not saying that I would NEED a diamond, that was just one idea I had... because lets face it, without spending a lot of money no one is completing all of those sets. It feels like we're getting the same treatment that we got last year, but the issues are even worse.

I would have loved the game to come out without issue and no compensation needed. They fooled me once with the "my bad, but we've fixed up the servers and wont have this issue again" kind of apology. I bought the game again expecting those issues to not happen again (heck i even went and got the HoF Edition), but then they did and the lack of communication that just fueled the fire. If they want their fanbase to grow they cant keep doing what they did this year.

And don't get me wrong, there have been a lot of improvements to components of the game. DD has WAY more content than it did at release last year... but if you cant play it and you get cheated out of wins through the queue and the game freezing fairly consistently then whats the point?

• 4 months ago

I hypothesized that a suitable reward would have been a nontransferable diamond of the player's choice. Thoughts?

• 4 months ago

haha would be nice but then everyone would pretty much either have mike trout or kershaw on their team. i figured some randomness would allow everything to be evened out. even if its a lower valued diamond, its still a diamond.

• 4 months ago

Lmao was thinking literally the exact same thing,...did u forget about it being the no hands down BEST sports game ever made...these days every single game even triple A battlefield type games that were in development for YEARS have extreme bugs/ server issues etc....and they easily could have said uhh kiss our A$$ but they didn't....I appreciate the sentiment and now that the online is fixed I couldn't be happier with this fantastical fantasy baseball/ultimate team combo PROPS to SDS

• 4 months ago

Actually Ubisoft tops all game companies. They work around the clock to fix bugs and glitches at least these past 3 years in their games. Compensation from Ubisoft has been pretty good as well. EA just started showing a little care for Madden Ultimate team but still a very bad customer service company. I would say this attempt by 2k isn't too bad to compensate, I'm ok with it tho I feel I have lost out on way more then what they have compensated us for, But A for their initiative

• 4 months ago

I agree that this is hard to swallow, especially because the issues are still happening chronically for me. I already received my packs and stubs and have been having the same server disconnect issues.

Once I won a hard fought extra innings diamond dynasty game and didn't get my reward cards at the end because I lost connection. The other was in Rtts after a game ended and it was trying to give me another card, another disconnect instead. The game froze and I had to close and restart it. Luckily my progress was saved and my inside the park home run didn't get deleted. I paid $60 for a finished product and this has major issues.

I get that they dev this in only a year or less, but you'd think by now they would fix the connection issues during the"off-season".

• 4 months ago

Call of duty Advanced warfare was a mess at release you couldn't level up or anything and that turned out to be one of the best games of the series but no one was compensated for the problems and we sure didn't get an apology so I'm thrilled that we got a I'm sorry and a reward

• 4 months ago

yea ubisofts blows.... south park the new one is all i have to say on that. you think sds is handling this wrong then ubisoft really dropped the ball by not offering refunds or compensation after buying a game that has still to be set for a release date.

• 4 months ago

Meh. An apology a month too late with garbage compensation. You should have let out with this type of apology a month ago instead of the crap you posted then along with constant communication of the issues. Also, 11,000 stubs? That's peanuts compared to the inflated diamond prices this year. Thanks for the equivalent of a gold card. 10 pack bundle? Thanks for the plethora of commons and bronzes I'm sure you'll pack in them with the weak guaranteed silver.

• 4 months ago

You sound like a person that likes to get ripped off. If you think this is fair compensation, boy you are far off. Just wait until prices soar and you open those packs and get the middle finger from them with all commons and bronzes. If I'm going to get screwed, at least take me out to dinner first.

• 4 months ago

AMEN!!! And the games only 60 that's 1/3 of what u paid get over it u all sound like whiny little girls...go back to madden

• 4 months ago

1/3? The packs might cost that much but wait until you open them and get all common and bronze then come back to me with how much you to from selling them. I'm willing to bet that it will be nowhere near the 10,000 stubs it would have cost for the 10 packs. There's a reason I stopped buying packs. They are complete ripoffs.

• 4 months ago

You paid $60-$100 for the game and they just gave you $20 for free. Yall are some ungrateful people lmao

• 4 months ago

Sh*t didn't work for an entire month and still continues to freeze

I would have rather the game not freeze and screw people over, as opposed to $20 worth of virtual items

• 4 months ago

Just last night, I had a Diamond Dynasty online ranked game softlock in the 9th while I was down 5-3 and had a runner on 2B with 0 outs. It then became a war of attrition between who turned their PS4 off first. There's still work to be done.

• 4 months ago

Not good enough. You don't even mention how awful your communication has been. I honestly would rather you hire a new community manager that gives a Sh*t about the community and promise us that this will NEVER happen again than give me an insultingly small compensation for the unbelievable issues you've had since launch.

Very disappointing.

• 4 months ago

Yea... I'm not sure what would appease most fans. But stubs and packs isn't really it. Acknowledgement of the lack of communication (which your team had 100% control over) would have been nice.

And... I'm sure you know... this can't happen next year. Too many customers will be holding off purchasing until we know you've sold the launch problem.

• 4 months ago

I will 100% be holding off on purchasing MLB The Show 18 next year until I know there won't be these same issues at launch.  There are plenty of people who spend extra money on this game, and to give them $20 worth of compensation is more of a slap in the face than giving them nothing but communicating honestly with the community while these problems are going on. I know plenty of people will be happy with this compensation, but I have wasted so much time and lost so many games due to freezes, Im not even close to calling this "compensation" for my lost time and games.  I appreciate the effort but again, I think SDS swung and missed.

• 4 months ago

$20 worth of compensation on an $80 game is a slap in the face?

No one forced you to spend extra money on it. That's on you.

• 4 months ago

Im assuming you didnt pass reading comprehension in 4th grade? I didnt spend extra money on the game, I just don't feel like 10 crappy packs and 11k stubs is compensation for my wasted time.  I said I would PREFER no compensation and open/honest communication about the problems as they are ongoing than some half assed compensation that wont really change anything because its a bunch of bronze/common cards

• 4 months ago

Thank you. However in the future I hope you guys communicate more. I think more communication would have alleviated alot of the angst around here.

Team,

As frustrated as I have been as a return player (mlb 14-16) so far with the 17 experience, I do appreciate the work and care for your customer base. My 10- year old will be stoked for sure as am I. Thank you for your respect and prompt reply. PLAY BALL!

• 4 months ago

Thank god. I have been waiting for a full explaination. Thank you to the devs for at the least telling us that most issues that are occuring aren't publicized. I think this shows that bad communication can lead to threats. SDS I'll see you back out on the diamond!

• 4 months ago

I have to say the attempt at compensation is appreciated, however the lack of communication is unacceptable. Your community manager is the most thin skinned person I have ever seen. To block people and fail to respond is not what a person with this title should do. Games are rushed to meet demand these days. This has been 2 years in a row now. I hope that next year you get it figured out. I personally believe a new community manager should be put in place. And certainly all promos should end until it can be shown the game operates as advertised.