You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

A Note to Our Community

Our top priority every year with the MLB The Show franchise is to create the most authentic baseball game on the market. We push ourselves to include as many additions and improvements as possible, with the end goal of giving users an enjoyable experience across all game modes. We’re proud of so much that made it in this year, but we haven’t been satisfied with certain areas in The Show 17.

Since launch, we have identified and addressed a number of issues related to online gameplay – from freezes and hangs, to longer than normal wait times for the game processing queue. We’re still all hands on deck working to remedy outstanding issues.

There’s been some confusion about queue processing in general, and we’d like to provide insight into the changes we’ve made since launch to how the system works. When a game completes properly (i.e. both users finish to the end), scores should post quickly with no queue message. The back end has been refined to ensure the win/loss is updated immediately, but the rest of the stats from the game might take more time to process. When a game ends prematurely, due to a user disconnect or other abnormal action, the system is designed to take extra time to process, allowing the game to post correctly. In regards to the Online Franchise, changes are in place to help shorten the amount of time required to process leagues.

We have been and continue to work hard to resolve the remaining issues; a new patch is currently underway and we are committed to updating you as soon as we have new information to report. We appreciate all of the valuable feedback and reports the community has sent our way. Understandably, this can be a frustrating time for many of you, and in acknowledgement of that frustration we are planning to give in-game content to all of you. More info on that to come soon.

Thank you all for your patience. You are being heard, and we are truly grateful that we have such a passionate community.

Comments

• 12 days ago

There have been a lot of people that have wasted a lot of time on this game and that have gone for timed awards and have ended up with nothing.

The note should have the tone of: "We're really sorry about this. We're working as hard as we can."

Instead, it's, "Our game is awesome! Not everything is perfect but we're getting to it."

To marginalize the total trainwreck this game's online functionality is as "the remaining issues" is stunningly ignorant, especially considering how many MORE issues you allowed to pop up due to improper testing of patch v1.03.

Not impressed.
    • 12 days ago
      Wow, so true.  Classic PR rhetoric, never using those words.  "Understandably, this can be a frustrating time..."  Sleazy legalese at its absolute WORST.

I don't even play online, ever, but the Show has taken a HUGE hit in credibility in my eyes this year.
    • 9 days ago
      I'm absolutely 100 percent positive you have already emailed them and they personally apologized so pipe down. If your still complaining about a queue that isn't working....YOUR LYING. If your still complaining your precious record is tarnish be sure to message the person you play before hand and let them know how badass you are. Surely we aren't complaining about the free rewards we get. The 5 free diamonds I've received just from playing the game? Were we stupid enough to play battle Royale when it wasn't working and are going to complain about a win streak I missed on week one from the next 12 months. Grow up already. If you were entitled to anything at all they would give it to you.
      -17
    • 8 days ago
      If you are going to go on a rant telling someone to grow up you may want to get your grammar right. It's "you're" not "your". You made this mistake more than once.
    • 6 days ago
      The five free diamonds? Tell me, where did you get these? I have received two diamonds in more than 600 purchased packs and zero otherwise. As for compensation, some of the things we are seeking shouldn't be that hard to entertain, i.e. all I want is the K with a common player I earned in the second half of the Common Bronze Event, but did not receive because of the queue issue. In receiving this already earned stat, I will be able to unlock the daily mission that would let me see what this player epic stuff is about. Instead I am sitting here staring at the mission, which I've completed, with no options to try again because there are no upcoming events. Is that really too much to ask?
    • 6 days ago
      No.  People are complaining because they paid for a game, some a lot more than others, and that game is not working the way it was promised.  It's like going to Best Buy and getting a labtop and they tell you, "This labtop can do all this awesome stuff!"  And you think, "Oh that's so cool.  Can it do all the same things my last one could?"  They say yes and you buy the labtop but it after turning it on and messing around with it you find that some of the stuff they told you it could do, does not work.  Guaranteed you would head straight back to Best Buy and they would give you your money back or that you would get something out of it for compensation.  People are mad because what was promised doesn't work.  Things that worked last year still don't work.  The fact that this game comes out every year and people pay money yearly for this game is the reason people should over react.  It's not a Bethesda game that comes out every five to six years so when you pay for something so regularly and it doesn't work properly until month two it's very frustrating.  I get why they have problems and I understand they work way harder in a short amount of time and still put out a great product-- but it doesn't excuse the fact that they say it's going to work then we all pay for it to work and it doesn't until later than expected.
    • 1 day ago
      Dude you come on here telling everyone to grow up when you don't know what you're talking about. Good for you for getting 5 free diamonds but for a lot of people the game is still messing up and people can't play online even now. It's been almost an entire month, for people who paid $100 that's a little ridiculous that they are still having issues.
    • about 17 hours ago
      QUOTE- The words "sorry" and "apologize" do not show up once in this note to the community, just to give you an idea of how they think. This is just PR babble and not written by anybody who actually understands the frustration people are going through right now.

FIRSTLY,  Apologies are only necessary when someone has done something they want to take back and never do again.
      Do you think they wish to take back hard work? No they wish to remedy mistakes. No regret so no apology is needed. At least that is how I treat my friends. You?

SECOND, "just to give you an idea how they think..?"  Have you been working on the inside and seen first hand how they think and talk? What do they eat for Lunch? One can only see in others hearts that which is in their own hearts. Perhaps that is how YOU think of others?

LAST, the people who understand how customers feel are the ones who log the complaints at the company. I don't understand why year after year jokers like you come here, join the community, and complain about everything and then come back next year to do the same thing all over again.

Go play Call of Doody.
  • 12 days ago
    I work as developer in the CPG industry. If I released a broken product, I would be fired. Actually, my company would never allow me to release a broken product.
    • 12 days ago
      It is BROKEN and will soon be OBSOLETE unless the DELETED games are restored.

IF our games and stats can be restored it will be positively DELIGHTFUL.
    • 12 days ago
      I'm with you, fellow Cubbie fan. The game is awesome if you're not big into competitive online h2h. The screaming overreaction here from the vocal minority is pretty out of touch.

It sucks the servers haven't been more reliable, sure. But they're working on it and they're planning to compensate players with a little something soon. People need to chill.
    • 12 days ago
      Unfortunately it won't happen and impossible to go back and track. They still can't find to 50 pack bundles I purchased and have no record of... the servers are not registering the loads, therefor it's lost in time
    • about 17 hours ago
      Actually companies in the software business rarely (to be read as never) release a product perfect the first time.

It is a matter of business practice in the industry to do software patches and upgrades to fix issues that only real world testing can discover. There is even terminology specific to the industry to describe such normal practices.

Just a fact of life for developers of which I am one. The software I support is used by every fortune 500 company on the globe and they pay alot more for the software than you do for Baseball or Call of Duty.

And they understand that the software business is like this. It is simple minded folks who think their 100$ is enough spending power to become director of the company who sold it to them.
  • 12 days ago
    I realize it is difficult to get the servers running flawlessly - especially considering you guys are a relatively small team.  And i do appreciate the work you are doing - or trying to do - and I do feel that this is the best MLB video game I have ever played, hands down.  But - from our side - lots and lots of games out there have larger online communities with servers that run close to flawlessly -- when you play a game that gets "queued" for days on end, or when you play a game that freezes in the 6th inning and thats the end of that game (maybe you even get a loss for it, for no good reason), or when all sorts of other issues pop up in a game you love and invest time, energy, and money into ... its discouraging.  I get that its a lot of work - i get that it is difficult - i get that issues come up - i get that it is an imperfect process - none of that is a problem ... but too many of these issues are basic issues and its not fun to play when you know its not going to count or when you have to dread every freeze in play etc.  So.  Please please try to get this all worked out for us.  Please.  Too many of us are going to just move on from the Show which means decreased enjoyment for us and decreased success for you.  So.  Do try.  Thank  you.
    • 12 days ago
      Honestly couldn't have said it better. No Angry rhetoric xcetera. I love this game and it's by far the best online Sports game. Not to mention I love baseball LOL but there is no way this can continue much longer
    • 6 days ago
      Big Ups Nice Way.Of Putting This Clear And no out Of Context Bull ...Cheers bro......
  • 12 days ago
    I think the community needed this public message. Work till you get it right. Thanks for reaching out.
  • 12 days ago
    Thanks for the update. I work in the IT world so I understand the development live cycle. This game Rocks! Only one complaint is the assumption that everyone wants to play "On Line" games. The rewards and missions and ability to collect cards seem skewed to online play modes (ranked games, BR, etc.) It would be great if I could collect all the cards by playing only vs CPU or RTS.
  • 12 days ago
    Thank you for an update! I know you guys don't want this game to be this frustrating as it has been to try and play online. I am giving you all the benefit of the doubt and hoping you recognized the problems of last year's launch and online play so with that in mind what exactly happened? Is it a lack of servers, glitch in the matrix, act of God or simply poor preparation?

I can't speak for everyone but honesty goes a long way with me. It's been a little frustrating watching other people go thru their missions and unlock cool things you guys have added to the game while I've basically resorted to sticking to franchise and RTTS because those are the only modes I haven't had many problems with. Server errors have made "flipping" for stubs much more difficult than last year - I'm hoping that's not by design but maybe it is? I think what the entire community can agree on is that we want to play this game the way it was meant to be played.

Can you assign one person a day to give an update as far as what is going on and what will be patched next - that would go A LONG WAY with The Show community. Communication is EVERYTHING! I know it gets repetitive and frustrating to hear the same complaints but everyone here believed in you guys and your product so I think acknowledging us with a daily response isn't asking for too much.
    Thank you for this update and I hope to see more frequent updates in the future.
  • 12 days ago
    The note is appreciated. Also the in game content compensation is a noble gesture. Keep up the good work and please continue to provide updates throughout the year.
    • 12 days ago
      For those of us that couldn't care less about content. We get a refund?

I mean really? When was release day? I've yet to be able enjoy any part of the reason I buy this game.

So we get what? More wait time?

Good grief!!